New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Manny and Tex?

sick.gif

Good God.

I expect all of the other teams to get mad now that the Yankees got all of these players.
laugh.gif

^^^^who would pitch to us if we get Manny also...

might as well give us the WS trophy now

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

I expect all of the other teams to get mad now that the Yankees got all of these players.
laugh.gif

like always......

but u cant blame the steinbreners....they got the doe to spend it...

now lets go get Manny
pimp.gif

i dont see us getting Manny now.....Tex
pimp.gif

I guess its official Giambi wont be back
laugh.gif

now im thinkin that the yanks are gonna trade either damon or matsui for cameron and then put cameron on center and put swisher in one of the corner outfields.

Originally Posted by Danny Almonte 3

OK, IM SERIOUSLY GONNA JUMP ON THE YANK BANDWAGON. IM IN SD AND WE DONT DO CRAP. MIGHT AS WELL

welcome aboard.....

didnt u try out for them?

aajaaahjsjsrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wow what an off season they better win the chip

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by Danny Almonte 3

OK, IM SERIOUSLY GONNA JUMP ON THE YANK BANDWAGON. IM IN SD AND WE DONT DO CRAP. MIGHT AS WELL

welcome aboard.....

didnt u try out for them?

seriously, i should have but my fastball is only in the mid 80s. it hasnt changed since i pitched for paulino LL in the Bronx

This is so awesome
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

HELL YES!!!!
CASH MONEY..... is..... AMAZING!

[h1]Yankees Sign Mark Teixeira[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 23 at 2:26pm CST]

2:26pm: Buster Olney says the Yankees have reached anagreement with Teixeira on an eight-year deal worth more than $170MM.

Aside from the Red Sox, the Brewers and Blue Jays also lose here. Each team's draft pick from the Yanks is pushed back one round - theBrewers get a second-rounder from them for C.C. Sabathia, the Jays get their third-round pick for A.J. Burnett.

2:17pm: According toJon Heyman, the Yankees are on the verge of signing Mark Teixeira to an eight-year, $180MM deal with a full no-trade clause.

copying what i said in the other thread

damn as a yankees fan...i'll be the first to say....we CLEARLY overpaid this dude...he isnt even the best first basemen in the game, why we paying him likehe is?

and i'll add...i would have rather gotten manny than this guy

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

tired.gif

Pathetic...there's no way this guy deserves this much money.

I want (some of) my fellow Yankee fans to take off the rose colored glasses for a second...look at the big picture. This overpaying nonsense or giving that extra year or two for almost every player to come to NY is sad...

I'm excited about next year's team and don't get me wrong...having Teix is definitely an asset, but at what price?
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Yankees fans complaining it was too much money
WHO CARES
1. Endless money
2. Tex is nasty
3. We need a 1B for a long time
4. AND Teixeira is better then you people think

I hope yall don't cheer him when he's popping HR's at the new stadium..... you ingrates
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

So what's going to happen to Nick Swisher? Will he now be in the OF?
Bench

1. Damon- LF
2. Jeter- SS
3. A-Rod- 3B
4. Tex- 1B
5. Matsui- DH
6. Nady- RF
7. Posada- C
8. Cano- 2B
9. Melky-CF

SP- Sabathia
SP- Wang