New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

[h1]Yankees Almost Set To Welcome Teixeira[/h1]
By Ben Jones [January 4 at 5:46pm CST]

Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News reports that the New York Yankees are about to introduce first basemanMark Teixeira as the newest Yankee. McCarron's source believes the press conference could be as early as Tuesday.

Teixeira agreed to an eight-year, $180MM contract before Christmas. The deal has not been officially announced because Teixeira must firstpass a physical that could be scheduled for Monday, McCarron writes.

Teix
pimp.gif

Leave Hideki Matsui alone: Now that the Yankees have an extra player, some folks want Hideki shipped out of town for most anything. Lest you forget, Godzilla has a .371 career OBP and has driven in 103+ plus runs every year he was healthy. He's also 34, not 44. When A-Rod had his monster 2007, you know who hit behind him most days? Matsui, that's who.

Posada is my only concern with this statement. He's going to have to DH every now and again.

Andy being greedy.

It's been real quiet. Spring Training needs to come already.
pimp.gif

Manny?
devil.gif

DAMMMIIIITTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i forgot about the blood drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooo!!!.jpg

I still wouldn't mind at all if we shipped Matsui out. Not becuase he isn't good. But there are guys I would rather see play them him.And if we can getsomething on the market for him....then I would easily. For a some good picthing maybe to help the bullpen.

He grounds out to second base too much. He tries to pull everything.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I still wouldn't mind at all if we shipped Matsui out. Not becuase he isn't good. But there are guys I would rather see play them him.And if we can get something on the market for him....then I would easily. For a some good picthing maybe to help the bullpen.

He grounds out to second base too much. He tries to pull everything.
I say keep him.
We still could use his hitting & when healthy he's been one of the best Yankee hitters since he's been here.

Mark Teixeira, a Yankee for two weeks, officially dons the pinstripes tomorrow at 1 p.m. at the old Stadium.

At what point do you expect Manny Ramirez to charge into the room and try and steal the jersey away? The Yankees should hire extra security.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Mark Teixeira, a Yankee for two weeks, officially dons the pinstripes tomorrow at 1 p.m. at the old Stadium.

At what point do you expect Manny Ramirez to charge into the room and try and steal the jersey away? The Yankees should hire extra security.

roll.gif

pimp.gif

NEW YORK -- Andy Pettitte still wants to rejoin the Yankees, and the Yankees want the veteran back in pinstripes.
But dollars may prevent a happy reunion for the longtime stalwart, who could be ready to walk away from his stated hopes of pitching in theclub's new stadium.

The New York Times reported late Monday that Pettitte has rejected the Yankees' one-year, $10 million offer, and the Yankees no longerhave a standing offer for the 36-year-old left-hander.

While no divorce between Pettitte and the Yankees is final, a reunion appears less likely in light of New York's winter spending. TheYankees have spread $423.5 million among free agents CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett and Mark Teixeira -- who is set to be introduced Tuesday.

Pettitte said at the conclusion of the regular season that he wanted to pitch in the new Yankee Stadium, and general manager Brian Cashmanhas confirmed that the Yankees would like to have him back to complement a rotation that will include Sabathia, Burnett, Chien-Ming Wang and JobaChamberlain.

"You look at the ballpark over there, and I would love to do it," Pettitte said in October. "I've got some things that Ineed to weigh over and figure out. Hopefully, I can come to a conclusion pretty quick and figure out what I want to do."

Pettitte's representatives, Alan and Randy Hendricks, have advised Pettitte not to take such a sizable pay cut from the $16 million heearned in each of the last two seasons while pitching for the Yankees.

"Andy's a free agent, and the one thing I've been consistent in saying is that we'd like to have Andy back," Cashmansaid last month. "I know he'd like to come back. That's set up for maybe a positive end result. It doesn't guarantee it."

Pettitte was 14-14 with a 4.54 ERA in 33 starts for New York last year and engaged Cashman in a Houston meeting after the Winter Meetingslast month.

"I know he'd like to be here, and I know we'd like to have him here," Cashman said then. "Sometimes things takelonger. It doesn't mean they're going to happen. He's been a tremendous Yankee, and I've got all the respect in the world forhim."

If the Yankees had to fill their rotation from within, Phil Hughes would lead a pack of candidates that could also include Ian Kennedy,Alfredo Aceves, Phil Coke and others.

But those who have spoken to Pettitte, including Yankees manager Joe Girardi and captain Derek Jeter, insist that he is amenable to areturn.
"He's still excited about coming back, and they continue to talk to him," Girardi said in December."Obviously, it takes time. These things don't happen overnight. He was very excited about the additions, and he wants to be here."

I'm somewhat surprised some Yankee players feel entitled to more just because it is the Yankees. Especially when he was paid at a premium over his tenure.10 million to a 36 yr old who had a mid 4 era last year?

I love Andy, but screw him.

He's getting offered $10 million to be a back of the rotation man, and it's not enough? What does he want? He should be happy with the offer.

Its not like we really need him anyway. I actually think that 5th spot should be left open to develop one of our young pitchers (I still haven't given upon Kennedy and Hughes).

CC
Burnett
Wang
Joba
_____

If he really wants to pitch in Yankee Stadium, he'll give in. Otherwise, good riddance. It was fun while it lasted.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

He's getting offered $10 million to be a back of the rotation man, and it's not enough? What does he want? He should be happy with the offer.

What happened to that Yankees free money spending swag???

laugh.gif

Now you guys wanna get cheap

laugh.gif

andy is ******ed. dude wants more than 10 million to be an end of the rotation guy? get outta here

that said, the rest of baseball finally catches a break
laugh.gif

Andy's being real greedy.

He was payed 16 Mil last year to give us a 14-14 record, with a 4.5 ERA. Does he think he earned his 16 mil?

And plus, 10 mil for a #4 or #5 is great!

Andy aiin't even that nice anymore and dude has elbow issues, let dude walk away.

Andy is nuts. I think he saw CC and AJ's $ and wanted in on that for being loyal. Problem is we already gave him 16mil last year and he faded towards theend of the season. Is Sheets signed already? Give him a 2 year 16mil offer and clean out Andy's locker.

he needs to just accept that 1 year 10mil offer and just work his %++ off for a raise that simple

Love Andy for what he has done but to hell with him. Dude seems to be taking classes at the "Roger Clemens School For Business"

I'd be fine giving Sheets or even Garland a 2 year deal.

IMO, When Andy realizes he won't get what he wants...he'll be back in pinstripes.

im watching the press conference, what good with this dude talking, dude got the worst case of herpes
laugh.gif
look at his lip

that s**t on his lip got some s**t on it's lip
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom