NEWS DAVE CHAPPELLE STORMS OFF STAGE Throws Tantrum Over Noisy Crowd

Comedy Central is still trying to find a replacement for Chappelle Show. Nothing has come close.

iyen....I don't agree with you on any of your pointsin this case....maybe a few actually....I agree heckling is a disturbance and when it get's too out of hand that it really does ruin things but besides that I stand by all the things I said.

I pay to laugh....whether it's through the form of an act, heckling, or adlib....don't give a ****.

Comedians as a master of ceremony should be cognizant and prepared for heckling just as famous actors should be to paparazzi.

this is such a ridiculous thing to say
by saying that you're implying that its okay to be a paparazzi
that is not true

i bet you think that the police should be prepared to deal with belligerent bystanders too
using my patented brand of non-logic, this tells me that you think its okay to harass the police
explain yourself

i can't even get through a whole key and peele episode. The are mostly a miss in my book. Two half black half white guys who the network thought would cover both sides of the demographic.

People in here justifying heckling. There's no reasin for any of that and that's not the norm for any comedian. Dave chappelles.one the greatest.to do it. Just because he doesn't wanan perform for some.a**hole heckler.makes him mediocre? You guys bring some lulz in here.

You n's go out there and.try to deal with those hecklers on a day to day basis spitting at you to do some decade old routine and see how fustrating it gets. You guys are peons. Smh

Last edited:
People in here justifying heckling. There's no reasin for any of that and that's not the norm for any comedian. Dave chappelles.one the greatest.to do it. Just because he doesn't wanan perform for some.a**hole heckler.makes him mediocre? You guys bring some lulz in here.

You n's go out there and.try to deal with those hecklers on a day to day basis spitting at you to do some decade old routine and see how fustrating it gets. You guys are peons. Smh

Is that you Dave?

Trust me. Ain't no one doing this at no Jerry Seinfeld stand up or other clean comedy shows and I doubt the cleaner comics could even handle hecklers but then they don't draw the same crowd either. I just think that statement that all comics should handle hecklers is false even though some would never be put in that situation.

^yep. have some respect people.

I guess that's why some comedians go straight to ripping on the audience to assert dominance before they even get the thought.

Is that you Dave?
laugh.gif

People that go to shows and heckle are just begging for attention but comedians should be able to deal with it, it comes with the territory.

It's just sad how hard Dave has fell off. Dude was untouchable for a few years.

:pimp:

Fell off? he hasn't put anything out. And he's still revered despite not having any recent works. It's like people crave seeing a fall from grace.

iyen....I don't agree with you on any of your pointsin this case....maybe a few actually....I agree heckling is a disturbance and when it get's too out of hand that it really does ruin things but besides that I stand by all the things I said.

I pay to laugh....whether it's through the form of an act, heckling, or adlib....don't give a ****.
You're looking at this from the eyes of an audience member. Look at it from the eyes of the comedian. Very few comedians are glad to be heckled. They came there to do their act, not to be annoyed.
Comedians as a master of ceremony should be cognizant and prepared for heckling just as famous actors should be to paparazzi.
I would assume that some comedians would naturally develop some type of defensive mechanism for hecklers. Just like reg. people do for annoying people. You're saying that heckling is acceptable in the stand-up comedy universe without a valid reason. Heckling that makes you laugh isn't a valid reason to support your argument that comedians should know how to deal with that.

Your reasoning is flawed because you're basically saying, "if you are successful, you should expect to be crapped on by random people for my amusement."
i dont think he should of walked off. every comedian is trained for events such as this
Where did you get this information?
Dave Chappelle washed up 
What info do you have that supports your opinion?

this is such a ridiculous thing to say
by saying that you're implying that its okay to be a paparazzi
that is not true
If you're going to parody me, do it right.

You should have explained why his statement is ridiculous as I did yours.

Saying it's ridiculous without a reason as to why is just...ridiculous.
i bet you think that the police should be prepared to deal with belligerent bystanders too
using my patented brand of non-logic, this tells me that you think its okay to harass the police
explain yourself
You're impersonating yourself here.

Last edited:
I love his work, but I would have been blazing hot if he walked out plus no refund
mean.gif
 good for him

i can't even get through a whole key and peele episode. The are mostly a miss in my book. Two half black half white guys who the network thought would cover both sides of the demographic.

Key and Peele is really hit and miss, but some of their sketches are hilarious. Its all about the writers.... K&P uses alot of different writers and this dosent allow their show to have a distinctively unique feel..... its really all over the place.

Honestly I love Dave Chappelle, but I think some of you guys are giving him too much credit. His stand-up is good.... his show was GREAT.

What alot of you fail to realize is he didnt write much of the show... Neil Brennan, the same guy that wrote sketch comedy for "ALL that" and "Keenan and Kel" was the guy that wrote most of the shows sketches... Chappelle was perfect medium to make these sketches great...

...but seriously... Some of you are worshiping every single one of his works like he wasnt ever a hit and miss comedian himself...
Can any of yall really tell me you thought Daves stand up about a drug dealing baby in the hood was funny ? >D 5/10 at best.... Daves old stuff was hit and miss... just like most comedians. It takes a combination of great writers and a funny front-man to make sketch comedy work

Again... I absolutely Love Dave... His show is probably the greatest sketch comedy show ever next to SNL. But you have to take into consideration that without consistently good writers that know sketch comedy, his show would have been mediocre at best.

Neil Brennan, the same guy that wrote sketch comedy for "ALL that" and "Keenan and Kel" was the guy that wrote most of the shows sketches...

Damn...I never knew Neil wrote for those. That's pretty cool.

As far as the shows on Comedy Central go, I think Nathan for You is one of the best ones in a long time.

Key & Peele is totally unwatchable.

Neil Brennan, the same guy that wrote sketch comedy for "ALL that" and "Keenan and Kel" was the guy that wrote most of the shows sketches...

Damn...I never knew Neil wrote for those. That's pretty cool.

As far as the shows on Comedy Central go, I think Nathan for You is one of the best ones in a long time.

Key & Peele is totally unwatchable.

I agree alot of their sketches are absolutely painful to watch ... but this one right here.... has me rolling every time

Total forever alone overload from both sides

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom