NEWS DAVE CHAPPELLE STORMS OFF STAGE Throws Tantrum Over Noisy Crowd

Laying down :lol:

Handling it like a ***** since he started. Clear he doesn't have it in him to go tit for tat with a heckler.

i'll just leave this here b/c this seems like an appropriate place...

dave chappelle not good at stand up...

i guess Neal wrote this stand up, too?

:lol:

Last edited:
i'll just leave this here b/c this seems like an appropriate place...

dave chappelle not good at stand up...

i guess Neal wrote this stand up, too?

:lol:

Like Ive already said Daves stand-up was good...his show was great. Classic case of two heads are better than one.

5/10 was referring to the baby joke.... and 5/10 was on the generous side.... that joke was terrible... straight up surrealist stoner humor that people only find funny because everyone's heard it so many times they know it by heart... His standup was hit and miss... just like every comedian known to man. Maybe Im just jaded because I genuinely liked Dave before he blew up and I cant stand some of the repetitive punchlines people say over and over and over as if they wrote it themselves and are telling you something original (baby joke being at the top of my list).

Whatever tho... yall are gonna read half of what I wrote, jump to conclusions and interpret it as me hating on Dave.

Why would you go to see Dave Chappelle in 2013 when there's such a high possibility of him just shutting down when he's heckled?

Why would you go to see Dave Chappelle in 2013 when there's such a high possibility of him just shutting down when he's heckled?

It's up to the audience if their gonna shut up while doing his stand up. If not then everyone knows how it will end.

Last edited:

It's up to the audience if their gonna shut up while doing his stand up. If not then everyone knows how it will end.

Yeah, but just a few people can ruin it for everyone.... Idk why Chappelle doesn't do like tosh and heckle back a few times and if they dont get the point he just has security remove the problem attendees. Might be the venues..

I understand completely not wanting to put up with jack****s in the audience, but its unfair to the people who were actually there to see show to stop your whole set due to a few bad apples.

Last edited:

Who are those 2 nobodies?

Why are they even addressing the hecklers? They should have just given up and left.

50/50 ? Nothing in life is 50/50. "Co-written" dosent mean 50/50.
Where are you getting this info about neal writing most of the chappelle's show? I've listened to various of his interviews and I've listened to most of his podcasts. I've never heard him claim to have wrote most of the show. I've heard him say that him and chappelle would bounce ideas off of each others' heads. I've also heard chappelle say that the show was his avenue for getting ideas out of his head that don't translate well into stand up. IMO discussing who deserves how much credit is a waste of time.
FYI Neals control over the content in the show was one of the biggest reasons Dave left the show... Dave got very uncomfortable with a white guy writing some of the overtly stereotypical racial themes that people find so funny.
Where did you get this info?

Seems like bs to me.
This dude went the best comedian on planet to now the only time you hear about him is when **** like this happens. That's fallen off to me.
This comment is ridiculous.

He's had plenty of interviews where he says that he lives in ohio. Which implies that he doesn't want that celeb life where dudes are coming up to him like he's Kanye.

Even on his for what it's worth or his killing them softly special he said at the end, "I hope this doesn't make me famous."

He talked about how celebs are made to seem as if they're crazy due to them not being able to deal with the pressure of being a celeb.

With all that Chappelle has said in the past, for you to say a comment like that is ridiculous.
roll.gif

Laying down
laugh.gif

Handling it like a ***** since he started. Clear he doesn't have it in him to go tit for tat with a heckler.
What does going tit for tat with a heckler achieve?

Most people paid to hear his material not him addressing a heckler.

dave chapelle should know how to handle hecklers or at the very least should know going into

a show they're going to be there , they've been yelling chapelle show quotes at him for a decade

he should already have a comeback to shut those people up

patrice oneal already talked about dave , dave is off his rocker ...he's troubled and honestly i think he shouldnt

do comedy if he isnt mentally equipped to deal with hecklers...how many people who work 9-5's where outed

of 120 dollars because he cant deal with hecklers , every comedian of his caliber

should be able to deal with this

how many people go to see kevin hart yelling YOU GON LEARN TODAY or SAY IT WITH YOUR CHEST

every comedian has signature quotes that people are gonna yell out....you cant just go

having a meltdowneverytime it happens

FYI Neals control over the content in the show was one of the biggest reasons Dave left the show... Dave got very uncomfortable with a white guy writing some of the overtly stereotypical racial themes that people find so funny.
Where did you get this info?
Seems like bs to me.

BS... eh?...

>D Yeah... I just made that up for the sake of argument.... Yall are too much.... :smh:

2 words... pixie sketch...

http://spring.newsvine.com/_news/2006/07/14/287958-the-sketch-that-made-chappelle-say-enough

This was the sketch that literally made Dave up and quit on the spot.

This is why they needed Donell Rawlings and Charlie Murphy to host the "lost episodes", which were never "lost" in the first place, they were intended to just be another episode.... Dave was done with the show, after the point when they aired it without him he wouldn't have any part of shooting another season.

Last edited:
dave chapelle should know how to handle hecklers or at the very least should know going into

a show they're going to be there , they've been yelling chapelle show quotes at him for a decade

How is feeding the trolls that are hecklers going to shut them up? I've not seen a video where a comedian tells a heckler to shut up and they just do that. If you watched part 1 of the video, you'd see that Dave was responding to the hecklers. Obviously, him doing so did not help the situation.

He said that he "watched the audience scream at him for 25 minutes." What should he have done after all that? You're trying to make it seem like this situation would be easy to handle.
patrice oneal already talked about dave ,
What did patrice say about dave?
 dave is off his rocker ...he's troubled and honestly i think he shouldnt
do comedy if he isnt mentally equipped to deal with hecklers...
This is a blanket statement that makes no sense. Dave seems to be on his rocker since he tries to distance himself from the BS that comes with being a celeb.
how many people who work 9-5's where outed
of 120 dollars because he cant deal with hecklers , every comedian of his caliber

should be able to deal with this
Can you please show me comedians who were in a similar situation like Dave and turned it around?
how many people go to see kevin hart yelling YOU GON LEARN TODAY or SAY IT WITH YOUR CHEST

every comedian has signature quotes that people are gonna yell out....you cant just go

having a meltdowneverytime it happens
Dave didn't have a meltdown. He seemed cool headed about it.

Last edited:

How is feeding the trolls that are hecklers going to shut them up? I've not seen a video where a comedian tells a heckler to shut up and they just do that. If you watched part 1 of the video, you'd see that Dave was responding to the hecklers. Obviously, him doing so did not help the situation.
He said that he "watched the audience scream at him for 25 minutes." What should he have done after all that? You're trying to make it seem like this situation would be easy to handle.

Can you please show me comedians who were in a similar situation like Dave and turned it around?

http://youtu.be/PePMvwkaQ7Y

Then of course there are also times when the heckler wins....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NR7EZI-EhcU

Its just part of being a stand-up comedian... Everyone deals with it... I mean your telling storys toa room full of predominantly drunk people...Not much you can do but take the good with the bad and roll with it.

Last edited:
@dank

You just posted various comedians taking on one heckler.

Bill Burr is the only comedian that I can think of with visual proof who was in a situation similar to dave's.

Also I've actually already seen most of those vids because they are entertaining.

edit: Also as I've been reiterating in this thread, dealing with hecklers isn't part of being a comic.

Go read some of my older posts where I illustrate that point.

Last edited:
They were all in a similar situation.... heckling is heckling... what in your opinion makes Chappelles hecklers so different ?

They were all in a similar situation.... heckling is heckling... what in your opinion makes Chappelles hecklers so different ?
No they are not.

There is a huge difference between being heckled by one drunk idiot than by being heckled by a crowd of drunk idiots.

Dave is being heckled by a various amount of people rather than just one, like the videos you posted illustrate.

Watch part 1 of the video.

Last edited:
No they are not.
There is a huge difference between being heckled by one drunk idiot than by being heckled by a crowd of drunk idiots.
Dave is being heckled by a various amount of people rather than just one, like the videos you posted illustrate.
Watch part 1 of the video.

>D Didnt seem that intense.... it stands that in an arena with thousands of people compared to a small venue there will be more hecklers. Should have kept the routine going instead of stopping. I mean he was just talking about the last time this happened and then he proceeds to do the same thing again.

Hes a professional comedian... its just part of the game..... Just like paparazzi snapping flics of movie stars.

Oh yeah, about bill burr's situation. He didn't turn it around, he just made the audience dislike him even more, since he didn't give a ....

Oh yeah, about bill burr's situation. He didn't turn it around, he just made the audience dislike him even more, since he didn't give a ....

I disagree... Bill pissed off the hecklers... people that weren't heckling still got to see a show...albeit a unscripted show.... dude was spitting vicious zingers non stop for 12 minutes. What he did was 10x better than going silent and stopping the show all-together.

Actually Bill Burr didnt piss the crowd off, the crowd was heckling other comics from the jump...
But that was epic

I disagree... Bill pissed off the hecklers... people that weren't heckling still got to see a show...albeit a unscripted show.... dude was spitting vicious zingers non stop for 12 minutes. What he did was 10x better than going silent and stopping the show all-together.

Just forget it man...this kid thinks he knows everything because he watched some clips on youtube and goes on the comedy reddit.

wrong... that was part of the opie an anthony comedy tour that had been running around 3 hours and bill was the closer

the crowd in philly started booing before the opening act and booed every comic that day....you can hear bill say 

"you guys even boo'd dom irerra jeez" .....

you can hear the audience laughing throughout the show and enjoying the back and forth with bill....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom