News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

If he's a badass secret agent I hope it's O'Grady since he was a SHIELD agent.

Pym was never that but they could completely change his movie origin, same for Lang who was just a theif and engineer, never a secret agent or badass. O'Grady was the funny one that managed to steal from SHIELD, go on his own missions, and bang his best friend's wife on his grave. Plus the comedy was great.

I'm honestly not a fan of Pym. Wouldn't mind if they mentioned him in passing and said he died during an experiment but left his work behind.

That was an awesome fan made trailer. Love the way they mashed the Breaking Bad shave head scene and the Elysium suit.

GROOT's VIN DIESEL Says He Was Originally Going to Star In Marvel Phase 3 Movie

Vin-Diesel-Marvel-Office.jpg

When Fast & Furious actor Vin Diesel mentioned on Twitter that he was meeting with Marvel Studios’ about plans to play a character in an upcoming film, the comics internet – and the online world at large – went a bit wild. With fans’ imaginations soaring to all manner of casting from Ultron to Vision on, virtually every role in the Marvel Universe was on the table.

But in recent weeks Diesel’s role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has made itself known, with the actor being in talks to voice the alien tree creature Groot in 2014’s Guardian of the Galaxy. But in an interview earlier this week with The Hollywood Reporter, the Riddick star has revealed he was originally in talks for something very different at Marvel – as the lead in a new movie as part of Marvel’s Phase 3 films.

“That was the focus of our conversation – a fresh IP that would come out in 2016 or 2017, and potentially launch the third phase,” Diesel told THR. “With my schedule, it was almost impossible to imagine I could do anything immediate.”

Indeed, Diesel’s schedule has picked up quite a bit since the Fast & Furious franchise was revived in 2009. He’s part of two films scheduled for 2014, Fast & Furious 7 and The Last Witch Hunter, with further movies already announced such as Soldiers of the Sun, The Machine and a xXx sequel. But then came the idea of doing voice work as Groot.

“I guess after they watched Iron Giant, or whatever, they came up with this idea of taking the strangest Marvel character -- or the strangest Marvel character that's ever hit film -- and thought what I could do with that with motion capture and with my voice," The Riddick star told THR.

As for what Phase 3 Marvel movie the studio originally had in mind for Diesel, the actor was obviously coy. Marvel has three as-yet-untitled films scheduled for 2016-17, which would follow 2015’s release of Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man.

Man, Vin Diesel isn't a great actor, he's barely even good but I tend to enjoy most of his roles, he plays a certain type very well (I love the Riddick movies for some reason), and I would've probably looked forward to w/e movie he would've starred in to kick off the phase 3 marvel movies depending on who he was portraying. With the guys being rumored this past year like The Rock and others I wish I knew now which superhero they had in mind.

Last edited:
Who else could he have played? The heroes from phase 3 I'm expecting are panther and strange, supposedly antman but who else??

AntMan is guarranteed, it has a release date already.

Panther and Strange aren't confirmed, it was rumored that Marvel wanted Strange to take the role of Stark where he would be kind of the centerpiece and they'd have to put him in Phase 3 for that to happen but it is still not sure.

A solo Hulk film is still a possibility for one of those 3 open spots. I'd imagine there would be a 3rd Thor or Captain America film as well, maybe a second GoTG. So not all are going to be original film with new characters.

Maybe, just maybe, they actually considered him to play AntMan? That is the next film to come out after A2.

^ would love to see a couple guys.. red hulk.. absorbing man needs to be done better (technically he was the villian in the eric bana hulk)

Who else could he have played? The heroes from phase 3 I'm expecting are panther and strange, supposedly antman but who else??
Only thing I can think of for Vin, which would also be funny, is if he was the Inhuman's Black Bolt :lol: Never talked unless it was to attack while probably only having one line in GotG as Groot.

Only thing I can think of for Vin, which would also be funny, is if he was the Inhuman's Black Bolt :lol: Never talked unless it was to attack while probably only having one line in GotG as Groot.

He is apparently doing the mo-cap for Groot too.

He is apparently doing the mo-cap for Groot too.
Yeah but he's not on set with the rest of the cast. They're doing it in the format pre-Avatar. I think there'll be so much cgi it won't really matter.

Woah!!! Terrific casting IMO!

James Spader Cast as Ultron in Avengers Sequel!
by Spencer Perry
August 29, 2013

Marvel has just announced that Emmy award-winning actor James Spader has been cast as Ultron in the upcoming sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron. Spader is most well known for playing Alan Shore on both "Boston Legal" and "The Practice," as well as Dr. Daniel Jackson in the Stargate movie.

Originally created by Hank Pym (Ant-Man) in the source material, Ultron has long been a chief villain for The Avengers since their inception.

Featuring favorites from the first "Avengers" film and new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen, Avengers: Age of Ultron will open in theaters on May 1, 2015.

http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/178983-james-spader-cast-as-ultron-in-avengers-sequel

Last edited:
Do movies really need to cast well known actors if they are just going to do a voice? It is nice to have a quality actor like spader.

Marvel keeps doing everything right and still taking risks as well.

...while DC is trying to still gain approval of batffleck in a superman movie

Do movies really need to cast well known actors if they are just going to do a voice? It is nice to have a quality actor like spader.
No. Just like video game companies, if the action isn't live a well known person doesn't need to voice said character because it won't make a difference in attracting people to the product.

Back
Top Bottom