News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Man, that looks pretty damn good. I know nothing about the Dark Tower other than it bein a King property, I'm intrigued now.

Is Christopher Nolan Directing the Next James Bond Film?

James Bond 25 Reportedly Being Produced by Christopher Nolan’s Syncopy

A new report claims writer-director Christopher Nolan’s Syncopy is the production company for Bond 25. After Nolan reinvigorated the superhero franchise with Batman Begins in 2005 and the film’s first sequel, The Dark Knight, became a worldwide blockbuster in 2008, it basically gave the filmmaker the clout in Hollywood to make any film he wanted. As a result, fans have been treated to brilliant explorations of the mind with Inception, and the boundaries of space and time with Interstellar.

In the middle of making new films and promoting them, Nolan has made no secret in the past that he’s wanted to direct a James Bond film. And if a new listing on IMDb Pro is accurate, the filmmaker may be one step closer to making it happen. According to a tweet from Birth.Movies.Death editor-at-large Phil Noble Jr., IMDb Pro lists Syncopy as the production company for Bond 25. And while Noble first viewed the listing as “nonsense,” a little digging by James Bond fan account @Bond25film suggested otherwise. The account says it contacted IMDb Pro verify the listing’s authenticity, and the company said the listing was accurate. Here are the tweets:

Bond 25 @Bond25Film

It appears that the rumours about SYNCOPY are true. IMDb has confirmed that #Bond25 is correctly listed under Nolan's production company.

Last edited:
Fincher + WWZ
Nolan + Bond

Suddenly those become my most anticipated movies

All in.. fincher and Nolan is all I need to hear.. but would love to see both tackle those films

Tom hardy for 007? Bale?

:nerd:

Last edited:
Edge Of Tomorrow 2 Has A Title And We Should Have Seen It Coming

A true sci-fi gem, Edge of Tomorrow is a beloved -- if underrated -- film that people have wanted a sequel from since it first arrived in 2014...well, the people who actually saw it, that is. Though Edge of Tomorrow (or Live. Die. Repeat. depending on your preference) received critical acclaim upon release, it took a while for the film to build an audience. Now, the makers and stars of that film are all down to appear in a sequel! Director Doug Liman revealed that not only do they have a story they love, but also a title.

We have an amazing story! It's incredible! Way better than the first film, and I obviously loved the first film. It will be called Live Die Repeat and Repeat. Tom [Cruise] is excited about it, and Emily Blunt is excited about it. The big question is just when we'll do it. But it's not an if, it's a when.

Last edited:
why can't they just let Del Toro finish his trilogy :smh:

'Hellboy' Reboot In the Works With 'Stranger Things' Star David Harbour

Millennium is in negotiations with producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin for a new installment.
Hellboy, the demonic comic book hero-turned- Guillermo del Toro film franchise, is poised to return to the big-screen, this time without the filmmaker at the helm.

Millennium is in negotiations with producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin for a new installment that would reboot and relaunch the property. Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Entertainment is also producing.

Neil Marshall, the horror director who broke out with The Descent and won raves for his work on Game of Thrones, is in talks to direct the project, which has a working title of Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen and has a script by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola.

Del Toro is not involved nor is Ron Perlman, the actor who inhabited the red-skinned cigar-chomping devil in the two previous installments.

Rather, David Harbour, the Stranger Things star, is in talks play Hellboy.

If a deal makes, Millennium would become the third company to make a Hellboy movie in as many releases.

Hellboy was created in 1993 by Mignola and became an indie comic hit as it told of a demon raised by a professor, working to fight supernatural evildoers for an organization called Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense.

Del Toro co-wrote and directed the first adaptation, which was made by Revolution Studios and released by Sony in 2004. The movie made $60 million domestic (another $40 internationally asterisked that this was the era before international box office dominated performance) on a budget of $66 million.

The second movie was made by Universal with the same team – del Toro and Perlman – but its box office mojo was cut short when The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan and featuring Heath Ledger as the Joker, opened six days later.

But both movies engendered strong cult followings and there were rumblings of a third installment. Last year del Toro, Dark Horse Entertainment, Levin and Gordon, the latter who controls the rights, explored their options. However, the budget was a stumbling block, with del Toro wanting a bigger canvas for his vision. In the end, the producers decided a reboot and relaunch was the more feasible route.

The first would have done numbers if it had come out during this era.

People werent ready for Hellboy in 2004 and the golden army shouldn't have come out so close to TDK

Jax was fine..

And hellboy 1 & 2 don't get nearly enough credit, along with blade 1 & 2

^ yup.. I'd rather see dude do Constantine or hellboy before aquaman

Hell, I think he would be a great fit for batman

I'd trust him with JL over snyder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom