News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Movie was pretty good. Could've been better though. I needed ginger bae Julianne Moore to shoe some skin.

I thought the film was cool.

Channing was wasted.
Julianne was look so good
Lancelot>>> but girl. Lancelot was too pretty.
Oberyn was dope.

Even clara was looking better than tilde. Sweden is full of fine women and they find an average one.

Channing and Bridges were both wasted but I do think Tatum will have a bigger part in the next one.

Tatums dance though, Vaughn probably just said "do your best cowboy dance". :lol:

Roxy was looking good and the Princess always reminded me of Claire Danes.

Avatar 2 filming starts this week!

Patient Avatar fans have a reason to celebrate this week, as Avatar 2 filming is officially starting! While pre-production has been going on for some time, the actual filming and motion capture with the actors will now go full speed ahead.

20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment announced release dates for the four Avatar sequels back in April. Avatar 2 will be coming to theaters on December 18, 2020, and will be followed by the third film on December 17, 2021. Then there will be a three-year break in releases, as the fourth film opens on December 20, 2024, and the fifth Avatar movie is scheduled for a December 19, 2025 release.

Released in 2009, the first Avatar film remains the highest-grossing film worldwide with over $2.7 billion in box office grosses. It was dethroned by Star Wars: The Force Awakens as the highest at the domestic box office, pushing past Avatar‘s $760 million with a total of $936 million.

Returning from the original film are Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Joel David Moore, Stephen Lang, Matt Gerald and Sigourney Weaver. Cliff Curtis and Oona Chaplin are also joining the sequels. Cameron recently explained that Stephen Lang’s Colonel Miles Quaritch coming back for all four sequels and will be the main villain throughout the story.

“The interesting conceit of the ‘Avatar’ sequels is it’s pretty much the same characters,” Cameron said. “There are new characters and a lot of new settings and creatures, so I’m taking characters you know and putting them in unfamiliar places and moving them on this greater journey. But it’s not a whole bunch of new characters every time. There’s not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherf*cker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park.”

The Avatar sequels will be produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau through their Lightstorm Entertainment. The James Cameron-directed sequels are written by Cameron along with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, Josh Friedman, and Shane Salerno.

DKq5RLqWkAMB9tv.jpg:large

Dammit, can't find the Terminator Thread via search...

James Cameron And Tim Miller's TERMINATOR Movie Finally Has A Release Date

Good news Terminator fans; the next instalment from producer James Cameron and director Tim Miller is set to hit theaters on July 26th, 2019. That's much sooner than we anticipated and means shooting will kick off next year. Three attempts have been made to resurrect the franchise since Terminator 2: Judgement Day was released in 1991 but they've all been terrible and really hurt the franchise.

A writers room for the currently untitled movie was put together consisting of David Goyer, Charles Eglee, Josh Friedman, and Justin Rhodes alongside producers David Ellison and Cameron. Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to return as the T-800 alongside original Sarah Connor, Linda Hamilton. A new cast is expected to be introduced who will then take over just like what's happened with Star Wars.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Shares New TERMINATOR 6 Details; Movie Will Reportedly Ignore GENISYS Completely

Arnold Schwarzenegger has shared some more info on James Cameron and director Tim Miller's plans for the new project.

TheTerminatorFans.com have posted their findings from the An Experience With Arnold Schwarzenegger event at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham England, and the iconic star had some intriguing things to say about the direction this latest Terminator flick is heading in.

Schwarzenegger revealed that Robert Patrick will not be back as the T-1000. Patrick has previously expressed interest in reprising the role in some capacity, so perhaps we might see him in a future instalment of the new trilogy. We also have confirmation that the final title will not be Terminator 6 (no big surprise there), and that the film will completely ignore the events of Genisys.

New Details On TERMINATOR 6 Story And Setting Revealed; Previous Movies Were "A Bad Dream"

After the travesty that was Terminator Genisys, you'd be forgiven for thinking that James Cameron would be happy to leave the franchise he started to die. However, now he has the rights back, the filmmaker is teaming with Deadpool director Tim Miller to bring a new instalment to the big screen but this won't be Terminator 6; instead, it sounds like it will, in fact, be part three of the original trilogy.

Asked what direction the movie is heading in during a chat with The Hollywood Reporter, Cameron revealed that it continues the story which he began and that it's definitely going to be unique.

"This is a continuation of the story from Terminator 1 and Terminator 2. And we're pretending the other films were a bad dream. Or an alternate timeline, which is permissible in our multi-verse. This was really driven more by [Tim] than anybody, surprisingly, because I came in pretty agnostic about where we took it. The only thing I insisted on was that we somehow revamp it and reinvent it for the 21st century."

As for whether the plan is to bring in some new actors who will join the now much older Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton, Cameron indicates that this new Terminator movie will set the stage for a fresh wave of movies similar to what's happened with Star Wars and its younger cast.

"A lot of this is handing off the baton to a new generation of characters. We're starting a search for an 18-something young woman to essentially be the new centerpiece of these stories. And then a number of other characters around her and characters from the future. We still fold time in the story in intriguing ways. But we have Arnold's character and Linda's character to anchor it. Somewhere across there, and I won't say where, the baton gets passed, so to speak."

The trade then put it to Cameron that Arnie will be 71 when the movie starts shooting and he was quick to offer an explanation for that; just like in Terminator Genisys, the flesh over the metal endo-skeleton ages! Miller, however, went a little more in-depth and hinted at a T-800 that's breaking down.

"I haven’t talked to Arnold about this so I could get in trouble. But because he’s been in all the other movies — unlike Linda — I do think there needs to be a reason to be different here. I like my sci-fi grounded. I like my characters grounded. And what Jim said about the exterior aging while the interior remains the same — well, not the interior, as in the brain, as emotionally and intellectually he will have evolved. They’re learning machines. But that’s a way to make it different than it was. Even in Genisys, he looked — I should stop — he was a slightly gussied-up version of the old Terminator. I think we should embrace his age. And that’s what’s going to make it interesting and fresh for the fans."

Sony Sets ‘Men In Black’ Spinoff For Summer, 2019; Script by ‘Iron Man’ Team Holloway & Marcum

The Men in Black are back. Sony Pictures has fast tracked a spinoff of its billion-dollar alien franchise. The studio today will stake out a May 17, 2019, release date for an untitled film that has a script by Matt Holloway & Art Marcum, the writers of Iron Man and Transformers: The Last Knight.

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones aren’t expected to reprise, but the film acknowledges and builds on the world they inhabited. Holloway & Marcum have scripted a contemporary sci-fi pic about the black-clad secret force that protects earth from the alien scum of the universe, focusing on new characters chasing villains that put the picture on more of a global scale than the two previous films. The ambition is akin to the way that Jurassic World rebooted and expanded that franchise. The MiBspinoff film is being produced by Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. They are actively involved in meeting with top directors right now and expect to land one quickly.

The project is a surprise, because it was expected that the next Men in Blackmovie would be a mashup with another Sony Pictures hit franchise, 21 Jump Street, with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill’s characters donning the black suits. That idea remains in development, but the spinoff is moving quickly and will come first. Sony, which separately is rebooting its Charlie’s Angels rebootwith Elizabeth Banks directing and Kristen Stewart and Lupita Nyong’o in talks.

The studio also is moving on multiple fronts with its Spider-Man universe, working simultaneously on a Phil Lord & Christopher Miller-scripted animated film for Christmas 2018, as well as the Ruben Fleischer-directed Tom Hardy-Michelle Williams starrer Venom to be released October 5, 2018, and Silver & Black, with Gina Prince-Bythewood directing the two female superheroes in the Spidey universe for February 8, 2019. There is also the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, with Jon Watts directing Tom Holland and the Zendaya-led ensemble. That will be released July 5, 2019.

Parkes confirmed the Men in Black spinoff. “It’s so rare to get to the end of the script and know you’re holding a movie in your hands, but Art and Matt have written a spinoff that somehow is true to the core of the MiB world and yet expands the franchise to a fresh new place,” he said.

Back
Top Bottom