News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

My favorite thing about the Maze Runner is the asian kid. I think he's so cool in the first movie. I need to see the second movie.

The maze runner book was so cool and much better than the movie was imo

Don't think I'm interested in seeing any sequels

I read a lot. In general, for every ten books like read, Hollywood makes one good movie

Like Hollywood almost never get it right

Oh I know it. I try my best not to read the book before seeing a movie because I know the book will be better than the movie. Seeing the movie first, enjoying the movie then reading the book >>>

So much possibilities with Pacific Rim, really hope the sequel makes bank so they can keep going.

‘Beetlejuice 2’ Pushes Forward With New Writer At Warner Bros.

Mike Vukadinovich will rewrite Beetlejuice 2 at Warner Brothers, a project that has been long gestating as a re-pairing of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton. No deals are anywhere near done with Burton or Keaton but Deadline hears that the two — who are currently working on Dumbo at Disney — have been excited at the thought of collaborating on a sequel. Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions would produce this one.

Millennium To Produce Female-Strong ‘Red Sonja’ With Cinelou

Millennium Media will finance and produce a new version of Red Sonjaand is looking to it as a new franchise for the company. The project will be produced by Millennium’s Avi Lerner and Joe Gatta alongside Cinelou’s Mark Canton and Courtney Solomon. They are fast-tracking this project and next will hire a writer.

Red Sonja is based on a heroine created by Robert E Howard as adapted into the Marvel comics of the 1970s. She has appeared in hundreds of comic books over the decades, which Dynamite Entertainment continues publishing today.

“We have been waiting for the right time for this remake,” said Lerner, “and with the success of Wonder Woman, the audience has spoken. They want female heroes.”

The film’s executive producers will be Millennium Films’ Boaz Davidson, John Thompson and Trevor Short. Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman of Campbell Grobman films also will executive produce with Scott Karol of Cinelou. Red Sonja’s rights holder Luke Lieberman also will be an exec producer.

The first Red Sonja film in 1985 starred (and introduced) Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold Schwarzenegger. This version will be different, with fresh story ideas and characters.

RSUnchainedPrev_Page_16.jpg

‘Hitman’ Series In Works At Hulu From ‘John Wick’ Creator Derek Kolstad

Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Kolstad will be an executive producer along with Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon. The project will be overseen at Fox 21 by Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes, and at Hulu by Jordan Helman. The hope is for Hitman to become a flagship series.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game. The latest game is simply called Hitman, and it sold 7 million copies. Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

Showrunner needs to play Hitman Contracts, Blood Money and the most recent game and watch Golgo 13 before trying to put together the show

Bruhs I tried watching the latest transformers...couldn't get through it. One of the worst movies in terms of acting and the editing. Looks amateurish.

JURASSIC WORLD And KONG Writer Derek Connolly Signed On To Write A METAL GEAR SOLID Film

Jurassic World writer Derek Connolly has been hired to work on a script for a Hollywood adaptation of Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid games. Connolly previously worked with the project's director, Jordan Vogt-Roberts, on Kong: Skull Island. Ghost in the Shell's (also Iron Man, Spider-Man, Blade) Avi Arad is producing.

Back
Top Bottom