Nexus One VS iPhone 3GS.....VOL ? *Kanye Shrug*

Nexus One?

NexusOne-T-MobileUK.jpg

iPhone 3GS?

3671198481_8359c56a6f.jpg

Has any iPhone user made the switch? How is the keyboard compared to the likes of the iPhone? As you know, you can try out the phone before buying because Google is selling off their site. So, I'm here to see if anybody in the forum has played with both to compare. It would make sense to get the N1 seeing how I have tmobile and can use the 3g. However, is the iPhone 3GS really slow on on Tmo's edge network? Would like to know your thoughts. Thanks

P.S

How is the battery life between the 2 device?

if u plan on staying on tmo and are in an area with 3g service than nexus one hands down...

edit...
not sure about the iphone battery life but out of a full charge i have no problem making it through the day with the nexus one with regular use

You could go either way, the flexibility of a Jailbroken iPhone is great.. among with the many other things you can download onto your phone free of charge using this certain application on the iPhone... or the great Android OS which I think is far superior to the iPhone OS in terms of multitasking and ease of use (IMO), I have the HTC Hero and it's great, but I'm on Sprint's 4G

^Yea I'm sticking with Tmo. I really want to know about the keyboard compared to the iphone. Is it good, worse? same?

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

^Yea I'm sticking with Tmo. I really want to know about the keyboard compared to the iphone. Is it good, worse? same?

Keyboard is better imo. And if you don't really like it, you could just root the Nexus One (similar to jailbreaking,) and change it. Plus, if you don't feel like typing, you can just talk to it and it'll type out the words for you. It's  surprisingly accurate, too. Of all the times I've used it, I've only had to change a few words and I've had this phone for a little over a month.

That along with the strength of the Android community, vast variety of useful applications (iPhone may have more, but quality > quanity,) and the overall "wow" factor of people when you pull it out(
nerd.gif
,) the Nexus One is an easy decision.

I had a jailbroken iPhone, and I made the switch to the Nexus One.

I love it so far.  I've had it for about a week now, and it's great!!

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

andriod as an os is bulky to me
id cop the iphone 3g

as an OS? it's something other than an OS? and how is it bulky? jw

Originally Posted by CWrite78

id cop the iphone 3g

the screens seem cluttered
i prefer webos n the iphone alot better

id cop the iphone 3g

webOS is the best looking OS IMO, and also has the best multi tasking. i dont see how android's screens are cluttered tho. especially since u can add/remove icons from the main screens. + the notification bar is great

id cop the iphone 3g

webOS is the best looking OS IMO, and also has the best multi tasking. i dont see how android's screens are cluttered tho. especially since u can add/remove icons from the main screens. + the notification bar is great
And you can make folders...

i thought about trading my 3Gs for a Nexus 1 to use on AT&T

but i dont think i can go back to using Edge

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

i thought about trading my 3Gs for a Nexus 1 to use on AT&T

but i dont think i can go back to using Edge

AT&T is getting a N1

OP just go with the N1

I got the Nexus and i live in hollywood, fl just minutes away from miami and i have full 3G all the time since the OTA update. This phone is lightning fast. I made the switch from sprint Palm pre to this. I agree WebOS does multi-tasking beautifully. But the refreshing of the cards made it lagly for me, partly becuase of the processor? But snapdragon and the user open-ness of Android is what i really like.

I'm surprised how many people are switching from iPhones. A year or two ago, everybody on NT were raving about it.

I wish i could get the nexus one........T mobile screwed the current customers on this one.

Ill wait till my contract is up to get another phone......im sure google will come up with something better in november when it expires.

Back
Top Bottom