NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media Week 1 - Tony romo is one of the most elite QBs he is just having fun yadda yadda

Week 2 - Jay Cutler has a bad attitude and the Bears will never win anything with him and his hissy fits.

Week 4 - ya gotta accept Jay Cutler for who he is. He will always be this way but he gets the job done.

- Tony Romo is simply terrible the Cowboys will never win anything with him as their QB.

I swear these 2 guys just have the media running in circles. Trent Dilfer was just praising Cutler last night for the exact reason he was criticizing him against the packers.

This is gonna be going on alll season. They're the best ever. Now they suck. Best again. Neow they suck.

Can we just all agree they both suck? Good QBs are consistently good. They don't flip flop every week and force the media to give all the fans headaches.

^ You're talking about dilfer, who won a chip being a game manager but talks like he was one of the elite QBs of his era. I love pairing him with Steve Young because I can ignore everything dilfer says & then listen to Young.

^ You're talking about dilfer, who won a chip being a game manager but talks like he was one of the elite QBs of his era. I love pairing him with Steve Young because I can ignore everything dilfer says & then listen to Young.

in 1995 trent dilfer threw 4 TDs and 18 INTs. let that marinate.

Yea, listening to trent dilfer talk about quarterbacking is like listening to matt millen talk about how a football team should be built...

trent dilfer always mentions how much he sucked, but the guy knows the game he just couldn't translate that on to the field

trent dilfer always mentions how much he sucked, but the guy knows the game he just couldn't translate that on to the field

it's just his smug demeanor. i can't take his arrogance.

What does Trent Dilfer's ability as a quarterback have to do with his knowledge of the game and commentating ability?

What does Trent Dilfer's ability as a quarterback have to do with his knowledge of the game and commentating ability?

Yes. Would you trust learning surgery from someone that could not perform it himself/herself? When your hired working a new job, do you want someone training you that isn't successful themselves but well spoken?

Last edited:
roll.gif
At thinking Dilfer don't know **** because he threw x amount of INT's 17 years ago.
laugh.gif

how would Michael Wilbon clown *** know there was 20K worth of bears fans in the stadium? im sure there was a good amount tho teams like the bears,cowboys,raiders,pitt, giants always bring fans out on the road.

Yes. Would you trust learning surgery from someone that could not perform it himself/herself?

i don't think that's a fair assessment.

in response to Pro- his commentary is fine, it's just his arrogance which gets me.

So you would take financial advice from someone well spoken but hasn't performed for all their other clients?

Yes. Would you trust learning surgery from someone that could not perform it himself/herself? When your hired working a new job, do you want someone training you that isn't successful themselves but well spoken?

You're comparing life altering scenarios to QB commentary. If past success was the barometer for becoming a sports commentator then there'd be plenty of dudes without a job.

You're comparing life altering scenarios to QB commentary. If past success was the barometer for becoming a sports commentator then there'd be plenty of dudes without a job.

That's why I don't like 80% of the pundits on NFL programming (& other sports). I don't want to hear from matt millen, hasselback, or the likes of dilfer...I guess we'll agree to disagree.

That's why I don't like 80% of the pundits on NFL programming (& other sports). I don't want to hear from matt millen, hasselback, or the likes of dilfer...I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Just cause someone was successful at a position doesn't mean they know how to talk or talk into a camera.

Was He a HoF QB? Nope , never buy he does know what he's talking about, his demeanor may tune you off

soooo glad i got off at lunch today...

people at work be GOING IN the monday after a loss..lol..dudes had rambo clips across their shoulders...ammo for days..

Last edited:

the problem with that is most of players that played at a really high level, aren't into or good at being an analyst

^ I get that he has the talent to be on air, which most people don't have but that doesn't mean I like it. I like to have some modicum of respect for someone's career to be able to listen to them (& also not be such a d***). For me, dilfer hits both areas I mention. He was very inconsistent as a QB, so much so they Bucs chose to go with Shaun Hill. Not only does he come across as arrogant on air, but he was also a d***head as a teammate according to some former Buc players. Again, it's my opinion...

Buc Em-
Please chime in with your 2 cents...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom