NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea the OL was trash last night... He had been sacked 5 times in weeks 1-4.  He struggles to complete more than 60% of his passes whether hes upright or not.  And they run a ton of bubble screens too.

And was that 7/8 drive not when they were down 2 Touchdowns with like 3-4 minutes left with the Cards playing cupcake soft defense?  And yes, he threw the ball to Fitz on 4th down on the 5-6 yard line leading him into a safety and linebackers.
laugh.gif

Plus hes significantly worse on the road.

Kevin Kolb not gonna make it multiple weeks into October undefeated.  Just not happening.

Last edited:
And yes, he threw the ball to Fitz on 4th down on the 5-6 yard line leading him into a safety and linebackers.

I don't disagree with your point (Kolb is extremely mediocre), but I felt that was a designed playcall. Why not throw a fade to Larry if they were going to force him the ball?

And the Cards have decent RB's....but everything falls on the offensive line

Kolb would be a solid QB if the Cards had a line (which they haven't had) for 10-15 years. He's very comparable to Matt Hasselback. I was shocked the Cards didn't draft o-line heavy in the last draft. There were so many good prospects to be had. His mistakes often are a result of poor footwork & not being able to step into his passes almost the same as Mark Sanchez (Sanchez has a better arm). There are 2 things I don't like about Kolb though, if the first intended read isn't there & he needs to look elsewhere, he struggles. He also tends to stare down his intended receiver. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

in the few times i've seen him, he looks good running a no huddle spread the field type offense. like his days at UH....but like i said earlier, no team should ever throw the ball 59 times in a one score game, especially if you're unable to protect the quarterback. mix in a draw why dont you

The fact that the Cards have absolutely no running game right now does not help Kolb at all. He clearly is struggling with that lack of pass protection.
It just becomes more amplified when the defense knows that you are not going to run the ball, ever.

1. Your QB is Kevin Kolb.
2. Your QB plays scared.
3. Your QB's accuracy is horrible.
4. Your team has absolutely no run game.
5. Your offensive line couldn't protect the quarter back from a pop warner D-line.

Not exactly a recipe for success on offense.
It's like a Thanksgiving feast for the d-line who is playing them.
If those d-linemen could only afford to fly in friends and family from across the world to one game I promise you it would be the one against Arizona.
If those d-linemen had to make a highlight tape to prepare for free agency I promise you they would have Ron Howard and company on the sidelines for the game against Arizona.
If those d-linemen used IDP in their fantasy leagues I promise you they would start their entire d-line that week, even over JJ Watt.

I promise that the movie 'The Waterboy' casted the Arizona offensive line for all of the teams facing Bobby Boucher throughout the movie, a request Adam Sandler made in negotiations to make filming easier.

Last edited:
Lack of run game is why I put the Seahawks ahead of them. At least Lynch can carry his team at times, and they do a better job at pass protection.

Whole division is going to beat each other up.

LMAO @ the Vick and Matt Ryan jokes. I cried man

Last edited:
This is my 2nd time reading that and I missed Brady's "Oh Jesus Christ" after Eli chimed in, that was probably the funniest thing to me :lol: :lol:

I still can't believe that threw it that much :smh: I was yelling at my TV :smh: give the ball to Ryan :smh:

Apparently Rob Gronkowski has been playing with significant pain in his hip most of the season...A lot of his blocking assignments last week were on Mario Williams often alone...SMH at Mario...What the heck happened to this dude?

Apparently Rob Gronkowski has been playing with significant pain in his hip most of the season...A lot of his blocking assignments last week were on Mario Williams often alone...SMH at Mario...What the heck happened to this dude?

Mario is hurt and they ain't reporting it

Wish i was gettin the skins falcons game. No damns given about the colts vs packers. At least i get to see luck for the firsttime

Mario is hurt and they ain't reporting it

But homey was getting manhandled by Gronk whose playing hurt too..

Mario's effort has always been in question whether he's hurt or not. he has the capability of being a monster, but has always been satisfied with simply being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom