NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revis and a draft pick to Cleveland for Mack and the 26th pick is being discussed.
I just...  do not understand why the Browns would do that if Revis is going to be released.  Unless they are guaranteed to have that contract seriously re-negotiated so they know they're keeping Revis for years to come.

And even then.

Last edited:
DeMarcus Ware has requested the Dallas Cowboys make a decision on his future before the NFL's free-agency signing period begins Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET, according to a league source.

I just...  do not understand why the Browns would do that if Revis is going to be released.  Unless they are guaranteed to have that contract seriously re-negotiated so they know they're keeping Revis for years to come.

And even then.

Exactly. But this is why they're the browns.

On the flip side I like the Albert pickup for Miami.  He'll be expensive but they HAD to address that position asap.  Plus they almost traded for him last year and now they don't have to.

Bruh...nobody is paying $16 mill for him. He'd renegotiate or the deal wouldn't go through...
They'd still be giving up a Pro Bowl center to get another CB at a position where they already have elite talent.  As good as Revis is.  Now they're shelling out huge money at the CB position while their O-line suddenly is full of holes outside of LT.  And they're missing the extra 1st rounder in the bargain.

They'd still be giving up a Pro Bowl center to get another CB at a position where they already have elite talent.  As good as Revis is.  Now they're shelling out huge money at the CB position while their O-line suddenly is full of holes outside of LT.  And they're missing the extra 1st rounder in the bargain.

Hardly a guarantee Alex Mack is in a Browns jersey next year. Cleveland can match most, but not all offers...especially if the Ravens let Monroe walk and aggressively pursue Mack like they've been rumored to. Trading for Revis instantly makes that secondary elite with the Browns quite possibly having the best D in that division. Passing league and Seahawks recent success with a dominant secondary...copycat league. I understand the move. That trade doesn't mortgage the future for Cleveland. They'd still have options to grab a Center in FA or trade down to gather more picks...

You can't judge this single move until you see how the entire offseason plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom