NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Not many QB's are gonna look good losing their 2-4 receivers and their #1 tight end, still not one of his better nights though

Maybe, but his mechanics are to blame for a lot of his bad throws tonight. His nasty sidearm habit is getting the best of him. When you throw like that, it can cause the ball to sail, which happened a few times today, where otherwise if he was throwing with proper mechanics like we've also seen from him before, he probably would've extended a few more of those drives.

I would expect him to get right and come out firing next year.

Last edited:
^^Not many QB's are gonna look good losing their 2-4 receivers and their #1 tight end, still not one of his better nights though

Maybe, but his mechanics are to blame for a lot of his bad throws tonight. His nasty sidearm habit is getting the best of him. When you throw like that, it can cause the ball to sail, which happened a few times today, where otherwise if he was throwing with proper mechanics like we've also seen from him before, he probably would've extended a few more of those drives.

If Scott Linehan is still the OC no he won't.

Browns win out they have a chance, tho.
roll.gif

Most of his balls last night weren't sailing over heads though. Most of them were to low/ under thrown. I think the receiver depth did have a factor. That interception was Durhams fault for not breaking inside. And Tony Scheffler straight up gives up on a lot of plays. Never have I seen a guy not fight for a ball if it isn't thrown to him perfectly like that guy. And like sneakerpro said, Scott Linehan holds a lot of blame for this team. Dude looks like a drunk doofus on the sideline half the time. If he isn't fired after this season I am not sure I can watch them next year.

There were a few inparticular that could've extended drives, but sailed on him. Throwing sidearm messes with your accuracy coniseradbly, which is why his little sidearm flicks also bounced in front of receivers, but when he needed to wing it in there and threw it sidearm the ball sailed.

Linehan or not, those mechanics are solely on Stafford and it accounted for more than a few incomplete passes.

I guess the Panthers were giving the Falcons a taste of some the medicine Matty ice was dishing out earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Anyone know how injured Cutler is? Not sure if we'd rather have him or Cambell play. Like Chuck said, "Jay will be Jay, as long as we're in position he'll throw us the ball"

I'm sure he'll play though. Too big of a game.

Anyone know how injured Cutler is? Not sure if we'd rather have him or Cambell play. Like Chuck said, "Jay will be Jay, as long as we're in position he'll throw us the ball"

I'm sure he'll play though. Too big of a game.

im guessing that he at least has to try and give it a go

Cant get that much worse than Cam Cameron though, can it?
It seems like the Bmore ship is sinking faster than anyone realizes.

I wonder if Caldwell is going to call Manning during games and ask him what play to run.

Bmore is one and done in the playoffs.

That defense isnt what it once was and we all know what we get from flacco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom