NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat the 9ers :lol:

You want the team chasing you for the first seed to win next week because you hate Niner fans on here that much? :lol:

Nah cause Alex Smith ain't get a fair shake.

Dude did nothing wrong to lose his job. He got hurt and HC pulled a ***** move instead of maning up and going with his "hot hand excuse"

Much like AR in Philly.

And I root for Seattle :pimp:

Last edited:
You want the team chasing you for the first seed to win next week because you hate Niner fans on here that much? :lol:

Yeah I agree that Smith didn't deserve to lose his spot, but CK has that versatility that I guess SF coaching staff like.

You obviously haven't watched many Niner games. You think if Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or anyone of that caliber gets hurt, misses 2 games and the backup plays like an all pro, they would lose there job? I didn't think so. Alex is no were near an elite QB, he was a game manager. Majority of people who said the Niners couldn't win the super bowl said it because he was our QB. Whether you agree with the decision or not, I think Harbaugh knows a little more about the team than anyone on this board. :lol: Get out of here with that Alex didn't get a fair shake BS, dude was around for 8 years and won 1 PLAYOFF GAME. ONE. Yes I know of all the coaching changes. But the bottom line is he had every chance to prove he could get the job done against top defenses and move the offense, and he didn't do it. End of story.

Yes cause Alex smith had this wonderful team around him throughout his whole career.

The wonderful thing is everyone can have their own opinions about things.

Just cause we don't agree doesn't make yours or mines more valid.

I feel like Houston will win out.

I feel like Alex smith didnt get a fair shake.

I feel like Harbaugh pulled a female move with his hot hand excuse.

I feel like Kap isn't ready.

I want Seattle to make the playoffs and make some noise.

Those are my opinions on the subjects are hand, this is message board were we can post out opinions about things. Unless its a cold hard fact they can't be disputed.

So yes, I would love to see the pats beat the 9ers because Kap isn't ready, we will go 3-0 to finish the season ( Houston ) and I want Seattle to host in the playoffs.

Those are my views / opinions about the subject at hand.

:lol: at "fair shake". This isn't about merit, you are worth as much as your last outing in sports. If you haven't demonstrated that you are capable of performing at a level ahead of the back up behind you, you don't deserve the starting spot (especially if you are Alex Smith and have never demonstrated in your career that you are, without question, the undisputed best QB the Niners have to offer). Harbaugh and his staff watch their team every day and they have the OBLIGATION to put the best possible players out there to win games. Not just for their own sakes, but for everyone on the team who busts his *** to give the TEAM a chance to win. **** this "he deserves a chance" BS; no one deserves ANYTHING. You have to earn it.

Last edited:
It's funny cause I remember Alex smith supports saying he has a great game against the saints and lead them on that drive to win the game.

And how he didn't "lose" the game against the giants and it was the ST fault.

But we remember what we want to and bring up what's convenient for the argument at hand.

Is Alex smith this tremendously talented QB? Nope, do you know what your getting with him? Yes for the most part. But is Kap going to take this team to the next level? What happens when he meets a premier team?

This upcoming pats game is going to be a HUGE for Kap and the 9ers.

Kaepernick gives the Niners a new threat though with his running ability. He's a much better runner than Smith is and if you give Kaepernick at least the same kind of dinky passing attack you allowed for Alex and combine it with running plays you've opened up your playbook by that much.

Thoughts from last nights game:

NE doesn't make many mistakes, off the bat they have us 2 and we couldn't capitalize.

Reem falls in that fumble, I just understand you want to make a play, but how often do people say fall on the ball.

Which then lead to a TD that no one covered him on.

That Int that Matt threw, had Foster WIDE open under neath and Foster prob scores there. Once again, take what the defense gives you and don't force it :smh:

That PI on Manning :smh: :stoneface:

Defense just looked confused before snaps which was both defenses and Brady's fault.

We were able to control their running game early. And defense was able to wake up after 21 down :lol: :smh:

But god Kubes, that play calling :smh: :x :stoneface:

I understand you want to stay with your game plan but you need to adjust man :smh:

We had success thru the air :smh:

Oh wells.

In glad we got drubbed, have to go 3-0 :smh:

Belichek & Brady reminding everyone the Pats should still be considered contenders. I honestly thought the Texans would win the game last night but the Pats put on a clinic last night.

Texan fans -
In all the big losses to contender type teams, the defense has played horribly (Iast night the O played bad too). Is it fair to say Wade's gameplans for these big games is not up to par?

Just peeped Texans Defense vs ELITE QB's this year....

Peyton Manning - 26/50, 330 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT (In his 3rd game back)

Aaron Rodgers - 24/37, 338 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT

Tom Brady - 21/35 296 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

3 games - 71/122, 964 yards, 12 TD, 0 INT

Would throw in Staffords 441 and 2 TD's but I said elite...

That Texans D is NOT ready for the playoffs... Schedule been cupcake soft all year... They get the Titans x2, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Jags x2... 7 games vs seriously awful teams so far.

Just peeped Texans Defense vs ELITE QB's this year....

Peyton Manning - 26/50, 330 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT (In his 3rd game back)
Aaron Rodgers - 24/37, 338 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT
Tom Brady - 21/35 296 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

3 games - 71/122, 964 yards, 12 TD, 0 INT

Would throw in Staffords 441 and 2 TD's but I said elite...

That Texans D is NOT ready for the playoffs... Schedule been cupcake soft all year... They get the Titans x2, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Jags x2... 7 games vs seriously awful teams so far.

Tried to tell 'em...

Belichek & Brady reminding everyone the Pats should still be considered contenders. I honestly thought the Texans would win the game last night but the Pats put on a clinic last night.

Texan fans -
In all the big losses to contender type teams, the defense has played horribly (Iast night the O played bad too). Is it fair to say Wade's gameplans for these big games is not up to par?

The back end of our defense has been meh the last couple of weeks.

Cush was serious out best coverage LB and him not being there hurts.

Reem has been up and down the last few weeks and JJoe been nursing his injury.

Wade as finally able to slow down after the pats were up 21 nothing but it's unfair to our defense.

You can Contain Brady before be makes an adjustment an just cooks you.

Packers game we were flat out cooked.

Pats game we had chance. The offensive play calling was :x

Kubes kept running at Vince when Meyers ALWAYS had problems with big NT because he's a smaller Center.

Matt was missing passed that he normal hits :smh: that 4th and 5th that Walter dropped :smh:

Matt was forcing it rather than taking what's given to him.

That pick he threw? He would've checked that down.

Pats out played us but we just played an extremely sloppy game and the game was poorly called.

From the first quarter I had that feeling it was going to be like the Packers game an I was right :smh:

No arguments here. We got our butts handed to us. I still don't get how fans can watch a game and sit in and posts in these threads while watching, just relax and enjoy the game, but that's a different topic on it's own.

Was scared coming into this game since we haven't played a team like the Pats on the road. Had my money on the Texans, but anytime anyone goes against Brady and the hoody in New England in December it's more likely then not a L especially in a prime time game, but what the hell, I'm a Texan and that's my team. 11-2 still the best record in the AFC and we still control our own destiny as far as HFA goes. We have our faults and our downsides but so does every team, I still like our chances but come the postseason it's a 3 team race, Pats, Texans, and Broncos with the Pats having the advantage due to Brady, Hoody, and that Home field. I've always felt is best for a team to get exposed late in the season so they aren't so content with mediocre play just because they've been coasting by and getting W's (ala 16-0 Patriots but they were insane in the regular season). For my sake, lets just hope the Texans just bounce back and get better especially with 3 tough games coming up (Colts, AP, Colts).

Game thoughts:
-Brady came to play, straight toyed with our DBs
-Pay Welker, I don't see Edelman or anyone else replacing him, his chemistry alone with Brady is worth it.
-Schuab didnt show up, not because of the Pats D so much, his throws were just off all night
-Pats worried about stopping Foster and they did, props
-Those early penalties set the tone of the game (first play illegal formation, didnt even show a replay, PI on a 3rd down on an uncatchable ball). Not saying it is the reason we lost but it set the tone.
-We miss Cushing badly, his leadership and coverage skills.
-Kareem Jackson should have just fell on the ball instead of scoop it up, easily could have been a closer game at the end of the 1st but between Schuabs INT, ghost penalties, and Jackson's mind fart, we are down 21-0 and we all know that's a bad sign playing the Pats.
- 1 on 1 coverage with Andre and we still don't look his way enough. Makes no sense, we establish Andre, that makes the Pats adjust and double or send a man on top of him and opens the playbook, but nope.
-Kubiak is conservative, wish he had that killer instinct that Hoody has.

Overall, a good asskicking never hurt a team if they bounce back and set the time these next 3 weeks for home field advantage and get on a role into the postseason.

Good win Patriots, y'all killed us.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ramp up the Braylon-Edwards-back-to-Jets story. Jets released RB Kahlil Bell to make room for a wide receiver, per league source.

IF MARK SANCHEZ IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE THE STARTING QB FOR THE NYJ, BRAYLON EDWARDS IS A NO-BRAINER SIGNING.

Last edited:
You can teach a receiver how to run better routes, you can teach a receiver how to read defenses better, you can teach a receiver how to block better, you can teach a receiver how to protect the ball better... but you cant teach a receiver with butterfingers how to catch a ball.

Braylon is done... too many drops for such a short career man. Too many.

I wasn't even mad after the game last night. Listening to the radio is a different thing though. All that strength of schedule mess, get outta here with that. That's just another crutch of an excuse to use. Pats get the easiest schedule every year, and the Giants get the hardest, who cares. The excuses that get made are ridiculous. You gotta just win the games in front of you, and the Texans didn't do that last night.

Also, that other mess about the Texans "not being ready for primetime", you can get outta here with that too. They have 2 playoff games under their belt, and 3-2 on the year for primetime games. Once again, just another crutch of an excuse to fall back on. If its not one thing, its another, and that type of talk gets old, but makes for a story. You have to win games, that's it. Yes I'm mad, Brady still threw touchdowns in my .sleep, and he's still throwing them while I'm on break

I wasn't even mad after the game last night. Listening to the radio is a different thing though. All that strength of schedule mess, get outta here with that. That's just another crutch of an excuse to use. Pats get the easiest schedule every year, and the Giants get the hardest, who cares. The excuses that get made are ridiculous. You gotta just win the games in front of you, and the Texans didn't do that last night.

Also, that other mess about the Texans "not being ready for primetime", you can get outta here with that too. They have 2 playoff games under their belt, and 3-2 on the year for primetime games. Once again, just another crutch of an excuse to fall back on. If its not one thing, its another, and that type of talk gets old, but makes for a story. You have to win games, that's it. Yes I'm mad, Brady still threw touchdowns in my .sleep, and he's still throwing them while I'm on break
The game last night got you Texan fans all confused now
laugh.gif
.  Don't know what's up or what's down.

woke up this morning, checked the NFL standings. still in first place in the AFC, with a very reasonable shot at winning out and getting home field through the playoffs. obviously changes need to be made defensively, but there's time for that before the playoffs start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom