NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ramp up the Braylon-Edwards-back-to-Jets story. Jets released RB Kahlil Bell to make room for a wide receiver, per league source.

IF MARK SANCHEZ IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE THE STARTING QB FOR THE NYJ, BRAYLON EDWARDS IS A NO-BRAINER SIGNING.

Funny, before the Sehawks cut him he was on twitter defending his boy Mark. Still think Braylon's got some juice left

man who gives a **** about alex smith. we need the 49ers to win and create distance for us in the AFC standings.

We'll try our absolute best to murder Brady and leave you guys video instructions on how we did it. I rather have y'all get to the Superbowl than the Pats.

woke up this morning, checked the NFL standings. still in first place in the AFC, with a very reasonable shot at winning out and getting home field through the playoffs. obviously changes need to be made defensively, but there's time for that before the playoffs start

Don't sleep on the Colts it's not a cake walk

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ramp up the Braylon-Edwards-back-to-Jets story. Jets released RB Kahlil Bell to make room for a wide receiver, per league source.

IF MARK SANCHEZ IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE THE STARTING QB FOR THE NYJ, BRAYLON EDWARDS IS A NO-BRAINER SIGNING.

He's washed up idk why

They were clowning the Texans on SC talking about they look cute in there letterman jackets :rofl:

O well we deserved it after that showing yesterday.

Saints' players' punishment from bounty scandal got vacated by Paul Tagliablue.

woke up this morning, checked the NFL standings. still in first place in the AFC, with a very reasonable shot at winning out and getting home field through the playoffs. obviously changes need to be made defensively, but there's time for that before the playoffs start

Don't sleep on the Colts it's not a cake walk

not sleeping on them at all. i said reasonable shot, not that it will happen. andrew luck could very well torch us 2 times in 3 weeks. honestly, division is still up for grabs.

They were clowning the Texans on SC talking about they look cute in there letterman jackets :rofl:

O well we deserved it after that showing yesterday.

i told yall they were cheesy :lol:
but hey, they want to establish a winning culture, and i appreciate that. after not having the NFL in your city it makes you realize how much you miss it.

Saints' players' punishment from bounty scandal got vacated by Paul Tagliablue.

now if he can vacate roger goodell and these suspect PI calls...

Last edited:

Seeding means very little anymore in the NFL playoffs, need to focus on what to fix to beat the good teams. That's honestly all that matters, more than winning out and getting the #1. Were the problems last night the same as the Pack game? Any consistent variables?

I wasn't even mad after the game last night. Listening to the radio is a different thing though. All that strength of schedule mess, get outta here with that. That's just another crutch of an excuse to use. Pats get the easiest schedule every year, and the Giants get the hardest, who cares. The excuses that get made are ridiculous. You gotta just win the games in front of you, and the Texans didn't do that last night.

Also, that other mess about the Texans "not being ready for primetime", you can get outta here with that too. They have 2 playoff games under their belt, and 3-2 on the year for primetime games. Once again, just another crutch of an excuse to fall back on. If its not one thing, its another, and that type of talk gets old, but makes for a story. You have to win games, that's it. Yes I'm mad, Brady still threw touchdowns in my .sleep, and he's still throwing them while I'm on break

The game last night got you Texan fans all confused now :lol: .  Don't know what's up or what's down.

You forgot to bold the part where I said "LISTENING TO THE RADIO IS A DIFFERENT STORY". Nice try Officier Deuce

Seeding means very little anymore in the NFL playoffs, need to focus on what to fix to beat the good teams. That's honestly all that matters, more than winning out and getting the #1. Were the problems last night the same as the Pack game? Any consistent variables?

i'd rather have homefield than to not have it. but if it doesn't work out that way, so be it.

and yes, lots of consistency between games. the biggest thing is blitzing recklessly and playing man to man when we don't have the depth to do so. injuries have hit the defense hard this year.

Well I'm not saying you shouldn't want home field but it has shown little importance recently. All about gearing up and working on specific things that will be useful in the playoffs

Another big loss for Roger...,so when is he gone?

agreed dmx. can only hope that the defensive staff takes a long look in the mirror over these last 3 weeks of the season and makes changes going into the postseason. this would be a great time to bounce back and come out strong. only time will tell.

Just peeped Texans Defense vs ELITE QB's this year....

Peyton Manning - 26/50, 330 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT (In his 3rd game back)
Aaron Rodgers - 24/37, 338 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT
Tom Brady - 21/35 296 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

3 games - 71/122, 964 yards, 12 TD, 0 INT

Would throw in Staffords 441 and 2 TD's but I said elite...

That Texans D is NOT ready for the playoffs... Schedule been cupcake soft all year... They get the Titans x2, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Jags x2... 7 games vs seriously awful teams so far.

You must have not watched the Broncos game. We shut Peyton down the whole game pretty much. He got all his stats in garbage time.

The other two we just got smashed, no arguing there.

Last edited:
obviously those numbers look ridiculous. no covering up, rodgers and brady beat us up pretty bad. but peyton didn't scare me that game (granted it was early in the season). we got after him, pressured him all day, and i remember counting at least 4 dropped INTs. but they don't matter unless you make the plays.

Like I said I just grabbed the Elite QB's... You can see from Peytons completion % and the amount of times he threw that he was playing from behind.

But regardless the D been tore up twice on the national stage against top Quarterbacks.  Texans got a nice record and all I just don't know if they're ready for playoff lights.

Lets just call it for what it is and all agree that the Texans arent what their record says they are. Teams rack up yards and points on them at will. Jacksonville. 37 points. No bueno.

Pats D > Texans D

This is the Rick Reily feature on JJ Watt I mentioned a couple of pages back. One of the best NFL stories I've seen this year...

Code:
:rofl: :rofl:
You can't seriously believe that..

Lol bro your D has let up 120 points over the last four games. 37 to the 2 win Jaguars.

The Pats have only let up 73 in that same span. The Pats defense just held the number two offense to 14 points. In that same game the Texans let up 42 to the number one offense.

The Patriots lead the league in defensive turnovers...

Whats so hard to believe? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom