NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
But regardless the D been tore up twice on the national stage against top Quarterbacks. Texans got a nice record and all I just don't know if they're ready for playoff lights.

To maintain some sort of perspective here, I like their postseason chances far more than say Atlanta, who has yet to win a postseason game. Last year will pay dividends for Houston...at least in the 1st round.

Lets just call it for what it is and all agree that the Texans arent what their record says they are. Teams rack up yards and points on them at will. Jacksonville. 37 points. No bueno.
Pats D > Texans D
that a silly statement if ive ever seen one..lol

they are in fact what their record says they are....a tough team...hate to inform you..lol..

every team has a weakness....every team has lost multiple games...theyre just as much in it as anyone...

I've mentioned NFL teams using Toradol, a pain killer before in this thread. From what I understand, it's very prevalent. What I didn't know is Goodell & the NFL requires players to sign waivers before they get injected to shield the league & teams from future litigation. Wow....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/12/nflpa-to-file-grievance-over-toradol-waivers/

NFLPA to file grievance over Toradol waivers
Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2012, 11:23 AM EST

With the NFL’s past handling of concussions creating a storm of present litigation, the league is now trying to anticipate — and block — future lawsuits arising from current practices.

Specifically, the NFL is requiring players to sign comprehensive waivers of liability for the dissemination of Toradol shots. The waivers need to be signed before team doctors will give the players the shots.

Toradol, a potent painkiller that doesn’t fall within the category of banned substances, can cause long-term kidney, liver, and/or gastrointestinal problems. The league wants to be able to allow players to use Toradol during their playing careers, without having to worry about responsibility of any kind in the future. The release from liability, a copy of which PFT has obtained, includes the team, the doctors, all teammates, and any employees of the team.

And so, as NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said earlier today on CBS This Morning, the union will be attempting to block the practice. Specifically, a grievance will be filed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, claiming that the labor deal prevents the league from seeking a waiver of liability resulting from the use of Toradol.

Last month, we explained that players have objected to efforts to restrict the use of Toradol, given that it allows players to deal with serious pain and continue to work.

So while they want to use it and likewise understand the risks of using it, the players want to have the ability to pursue future claims if the player develops kidney or liver problems later in life.

Here is Andrea Kremer talking about it on the radio around the time she did a feature on it on HBO Sports...

If a player is placed on IR, is it possible that they're allowed to come back for the playoffs?

Never looked much into IR rules. I always just figured it officially meant done for duration of year.

Last edited:
If a player is placed on IR, is it possible that they're allowed to come back for the playoffs?

Never looked much into IR rules. I always just figured it officially meant done for duration of year.
I believe you can designate a player that you can bring back later in the year from IR... Packers I believe designated Benson but now hes done done...
On Wednesday, it was announced that the league will alter rules regarding injured reserve, and move the trade deadline back from Week 6 to Week 8. The trade deadline could be a major fix for contending teams looking to pick up talent from other teams interested in off-loading contracts or finding new environments for disenchanted superstars (read: Maurice Jones-Drew). But it's the new injured reserve rules that could substantially alter the NFL landscape.

Previously, any player put on IR was lost for the entire season. Now, if a player is hurt and put on injured reserve after Sept. 4, that player may return to the active roster eight weeks after the IR designation, and the player must be on the IR list for at least six weeks. In addition, a player must be "designated for return" at the time of his IR classification, which means that a team must anticipate a player's ability to return midseason. Teams can't just hope their key injured player will recover in time.

Specifically, the NFL is requiring players to sign comprehensive waivers of liability for the dissemination of Toradol shots. The waivers need to be signed before team doctors will give the players the shots.

Toradol, a potent painkiller that doesn’t fall within the category of banned substances, can cause long-term kidney, liver, and/or gastrointestinal problems. The league wants to be able to allow players to use Toradol during their playing careers, without having to worry about responsibility of any kind in the future. The release from liability, a copy of which PFT has obtained, includes the team, the doctors, all teammates, and any employees of the team.

:x :smh:

NFL players are warriors in every sense of the word.

Thanks, Fraij. I guess Percy wouldn't make it back even if the Vikes somehow got in, because it would be right around 4 weeks since he was put on IR.

:lol: A man can hope.

:x :smh:

Toradal also breaks down you joints IE knees...

Watched the HBO demand bit on Toradal last year and it was pretty interesting. Don't know if its still on there. But anywhoo there's your reason these players are getting so F'd up long term. You can't feel your damn limbs no matter how injured it is...let alone the damage it does to your organs. And these players are willingly taking it.

When I look at Big Bens injuries that he's played through and hearing that Clay Matthews played through a fractured leg during the Superbowl run this drug is the first thing I think of.

sick.gif
mean.gif

Toradal also breaks down you joints IE knees...
I remember reading some kid was suing USC because it cause him to have a heart attack

Last edited:
Roger and co reportedly seriously looking to expand the NFL playoff teams to 14 or 16 and the regular season games to 18 :nerd:

What yall think?

Roger and co reportedly seriously looking to expand the NFL playoff teams to 14 or 16 and the regular season games to 18 :nerd:
What yall think?

Too much. It's just too much and contradictory to his "keep the players safe" message. I just look at Roger with such disgust and I always try to keep an open mind about things, but I can't stress it enough. He's going too fast, too quickly and there is definitely a thing as too much of a good thing.

I'm sure he has too... I'd say do it up and give Tramon 1v1 coverage outside if they give Clay 1v1 with Webb all game... No chipping or doubles... That'd be fair.

What yall think?

that would diminish the regular season. I wouldn't even watch nearly as much until the playoffs

many of these higher ups do ANYTHING for a few more bucks. Just straight ******g pathetic.

ypu have the number 1 sport in the country by far. hmmm lets tinker with it.

it's a religion in america. wanna make sunday's pointless? expand the playoffs

Last edited:
18 game regular season + 14-16 teams in the playoffs?

That's way too many games. So much wear and tear. Hope it doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom