NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets going 1-3 in sept :lol: they play the Bills , Steelers and 9ers Defenses :lol: :x

Jets going 1-3 in sept :lol: they play the Bills , Steelers and 9ers Defenses :lol: :x

And who is your team again?? :x

Houston >D riding high off that giants win? I'll give it to you, but once Romo plays like himself ( doing stupid **** ) y'all come back down to earth

Man you got a ways to go homie hope y'all can stay healthy or it's a wrap

We lost 3 pro bowlers last year And still won the same amount of playoff games in one season than the cowboys have in the last what? 6 years? With your statistical king tony romo. Y'all won 1 game against a Swiss cheese giants secondary , let's relax now.

RIP Art Modell. Had the pleasure of meeting him several times years ago. He & Mrs. Modell are really nice people. Art was actually a very funny guy, very keen sense of humor. He was a visionary in that he helped usher in the era of TV into the NFL back in the 60s into what we have now. Sad that tony grossi has made it his mission in life to prevent Modell from getting into the HOF. Hope he gets in soon.

Houston >D riding high off that giants win? I'll give it to you, but once Romo plays like himself ( doing stupid **** ) y'all come back down to earth

Man you got a ways to go homie hope y'all can stay healthy or it's a wrap

We lost 3 pro bowlers last year And still won the same amount of playoff games in one season than the cowboys have in the last what? 6 years?20 years With your statistical king tony romo. Y'all won 1 game against a Swiss cheese giants secondary , let's relax now.

Here's a nice summary of Modell's time as an owner from ESPN.com for all the youngins' on NT -

Art Modell's Legacy at a Glance
• Majority owner of Browns and then Ravens franchises for 43 seasons (1961-2003)

• One of 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2001; semifinalist for 7 additional classes (2004-07; 2009-11)

• Moved Browns from Cleveland to Baltimore in February 1996; changed team name to Ravens, leaving Browns history in Cleveland for a future team to claim (NFL returned to Cleveland in 1999)

• In 43 seasons of ownership, 24 teams had winning records, 18 made the playoffs, 2 won NFL championships (Browns in 1964, Ravens in 2000)

• Only elected NFL president in league history (served from 1967-69)

Chairman of the Owners Labor Committee (1968), which successfully negotiated the NFL's first players' CBA

Served on the NFL-AFL Merger Committee, breaking the impasse for realignment of the two leagues by moving the Browns to the AFC

Worked closely with then-commissioner Pete Rozelle to establish NFL Films and became its first chairman

In 1970, was an important negotiator with ABC to launch "Monday Night Football" and volunteered to host the first game in Cleveland (Browns beat the Jets 31-21)

• Modell's sporting goods stores were started by his grandfather, Morris A. Modell, in 1889 in Manhattan

I know a lot of older Clevelanders hate Modell. They really should be pissed at the civic leaders at the time. He did the classy thing in leaving behind the team name, colors, legacy, everything with the hopes they could get another team. Old school Baltimorians wish the Irsays did the same thing. They still hurt seeing that Colt uni on TV...

Last edited:

Why do you keep asking who everyones team is? :lol:

He still has sig space :lol:

You got nothing to show for about your team "we made playoffs but didnt get the chip" didnt know making the playoffs gets you a reward :rofl: so like the rest of the 31 teams in the league your season was a waste i cant talk to any Texans or Raider fans in here they non existent :stoneface:

Can someone remind me again what a professional sports team's record has to do with individuals debating topics on NT? I can't find the correlation but may just be missing it....

Why do you keep asking who everyones team is? :lol:

He still has sig space :lol:

You got nothing to show for about your team "we made playoffs but didnt get the chip" didnt know making the playoffs gets you a reward :rofl: so like the rest of the 31 teams in the league your season was a waste i cant talk to any Texans or Raider fans in here they non existent :stoneface:

You do know the the Cowboys are included in that 31 teams whose "season was a waste" right? Add to the fact that the Cowboys have literally done nothing since 1996, yet their fans act like they've been Super Bowl Champs every single year since then, I think you should be the last person talking. Let the average Cowboy fan tell history (or basically any NT Cowboy fan), they have won every Super Bowl every year up til last year. Not the Pats, not the Steelers, not the Giants, Broncos, Packers, etc etc. The D in Big D has to stand for delusional the way ya'll sound.

It's not only that, the media got cowboys fans on some other ****, every year (expect this year) cowboys To Super Bowl , FOH overrated just like your bum *** QB.

Big ******g deal, Romos so efficient , he has a 482837827277 QB rating, blah blah blah, when he makes the worst decisions at the worst time, he's a **** up plain and simple but since he plays for the cowboys it's ok :lol:

Then you wanna bring the argument that it's team game, and he can't do it alone , ********, look at Tom Brady, they literally plug pieces into that offense and it moves like a machine, or look at Peyton his last few years in Indy.

Romo will never win you a Super Bowl.

You do know the the Cowboys are included in that 31 teams whose "season was a waste" right?

:lol: He conveniently sidestepped that fact. Tell me more about your love for the DALLAS Cowboys, LOS ANGELES Lakers, and NEW YORK Yankees....

:lol: He conveniently sidestepped that fact. Tell me more about your love for the DALLAS Cowboys, LOS ANGELES Lakers, and NEW YORK Yankees....

how can you even debate with someone whos team is the Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, and SC :lol:

really like why even bother.

i hope dude is like 14 or 15...bc a grown man its quite shameful

Last edited:
Hell ima a true fan of Duke Basketball , Syracuse Lacrosse, FSU baseball, USC football, China Pingpong , Russia Weightlifting, American Swimming , New York Skateboarding. Don't judge me!

Tony Romo was great last nite.

He effectively saved his o Line. JPP was KIlling those Tackles My god.

This is how Romo that needs to play all year for the Bowys to have a legit shot

First season i'm really watching football. US football ain't so popular in Finland so i have seen only superbowls there and there. Don't really have a favorite team but can you guys recommend some teams to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom