NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Wisconsin , I'm not surprised

Foster says its his area around his knee, it's the phins, I'd let him rest start tate

reed says its his hip , he'll prob play

Buncha inbreds.

Bill Simmons is DRINKING the Seahawks/Russell Wilson Kool Aid. Has them in the Super Bowl.. and has Russell Wilson tearing it up. :nerd: :lol:

That was nice pulling off all the info from Wikipedia RyGuy, but there are huge holes in that info. While it's true Modell made tons of bad business decisions, he worked tirelessly to get a new stadium only to see the Indians get one. I'm not going to debate whether or not governments should fund stadiums, because I don't think they should, but I'd have to imagine that had to hurt Modell. Let's not pretend that he had to leave to name behind, no one forced him to do anything. He agreed to do it which in it of itself was classy. He was hemorrhaging money & did what he though was best at the time, although he ended up losing even more money post move which led to Biscotti coming into the picture initially as a minority owner, then primary owner...Bottom line is Cleveland got to keep the team name & history which is a lot more than I can say for Baltimore & it's beloved Colts.

Edit- I forgot to add the Cavs also got a new arena at the time (Gund Arena which is quicken loans). Keep in mind, Modell had been working with the city to get a new Stadium before the Indians & Cavs so when they got they're new places I can imagine Modell was pissed...

I know this is NT but believe it or not there actually are people on here that can make points without copy and pasting all facts from wikipedia. Some of us are actually old on here.

We could go point by point debating Modell's strengths and flaws but at the end of the day it is what it is. He was an NFL owner and it's a big club we ain't in.

That was nice pulling off all the info from Wikipedia RyGuy, but there are huge holes in that info. While it's true Modell made tons of bad business decisions, he worked tirelessly to get a new stadium only to see the Indians get one. I'm not going to debate whether or not governments should fund stadiums, because I don't think they should, but I'd have to imagine that had to hurt Modell. Let's not pretend that he had to leave to name behind, no one forced him to do anything. He agreed to do it which in it of itself was classy. He was hemorrhaging money & did what he though was best at the time, although he ended up losing even more money post move which led to Biscotti coming into the picture initially as a minority owner, then primary owner...Bottom line is Cleveland got to keep the team name & history which is a lot more than I can say for Baltimore & it's beloved Colts.

Edit- I forgot to add the Cavs also got a new arena at the time (Gund Arena which is quicken loans). Keep in mind, Modell had been working with the city to get a new Stadium before the Indians & Cavs so when they got they're new places I can imagine Modell was pissed...

I know this is NT but believe it or not there actually are people on here that can make points without copy and pasting all facts from wikipedia. Some of us are actually old on here.

We could go point by point debating Modell's strengths and flaws but at the end of the day it is what it is. He was an NFL owner and it's a big club we ain't in.

Speak for yourself pleighboi , madden lets me set my prices :pimp: :pimp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG View Post

Buncha inbreds.

Bill Simmons is DRINKING the Seahawks/Russell Wilson Kool Aid. Has them in the Super Bowl.. and has Russell Wilson tearing it up. nerd.giflaugh.gif

[COLOR=#red]i reckin'. mmmmmhhhhmmmmm. eatin all them taters with mustard mmmmmhhhmmmmm. grabin them wayners mmmmhmmmm. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodell takes an L. How does this affect Payton? Can he appeal too since it's clear the NFL was bluffing like crazy?

Goodell takes an L. How does this affect Payton? Can he appeal too since it's clear the NFL was bluffing like crazy?
Because Payton and the rest of the coaches didn't file suit against Goodell and the NFL like the players did this ruling doesn't affect them, at least for now.

Packer fans, ya'll got some 'splaining to do...

:rofl:

on a serious note, do we have any distribution maps?

Good looking out with the map...What I'm interested in with regards to the reversal of he suspensions is how this will play for other suspensions Godell hands out. The CBA clearly states the players gave him that power. Quite frankly I'm surprised the judges reversed the suspensions because whats stated in the CBA...

Damn what a great sports weekend. Da O's on tonight (& through the weekend) facing the Yanks, some college ball tomorrow, NFL on Sunday, Steelers on Sunday night, & the Bengals beating the ratbirds on Monday night!!!

This should put to bed anyone who thinks Maclin is better than DeSean Jackson

Browns CB Joe Haden revealed Friday that he will "mirror" DeSean Jackson in coverage against the Eagles in Week 1.
It's a concern for Jackson's Week 1 fantasy outlook. Haden flashed legitimate shutdown skills last year before an October knee sprain rendered him less effective around midseason. He still played like a Pro Bowler most of the year, allowing fewer than 50 percent of the passes thrown his way to be completed. While Jackson has a speed advantage on Haden, the Browns' third-year cornerback is a much more physical football player. Look for Jeremy Maclin to benefit as he squares off with 33-year-old No. 2 CB Sheldon Brown.

This should put to bed anyone who thinks Maclin is better than DeSean Jackson

Browns CB Joe Haden revealed Friday that he will "mirror" DeSean Jackson in coverage against the Eagles in Week 1.
It's a concern for Jackson's Week 1 fantasy outlook. Haden flashed legitimate shutdown skills last year before an October knee sprain rendered him less effective around midseason. He still played like a Pro Bowler most of the year, allowing fewer than 50 percent of the passes thrown his way to be completed. While Jackson has a speed advantage on Haden, the Browns' third-year cornerback is a much more physical football player. Look for Jeremy Maclin to benefit as he squares off with 33-year-old No. 2 CB Sheldon Brown.

literally all this says is that Maclin is the #2 receiver....and we already knew that

Packer fans, ya'll got some 'splaining to do...

The Lambeau Leap has its hazards, as Jennings explained to Erik Kuselias of NBC Sports Radio on Thursday night.

“I try to go away from the men because the men get a little grabby,” Jennings said. “The women get grabby too but them men it’s like come on, really, seriously? I’m another guy.”

:lol: :rofl: :rofl:

literally all this says is that Maclin is the #2 receiver....and we already knew that

No it means the Browns have installed a gameplan this week to stop DeSean Jackson and they didnt gameplan to stop Jeremy Maclin.

People a few pages back were saying that Maclin is better than DeSean Jackson which this disputes very strongly.

CB's do not shadow a certain WR all the time sometimes they stay on their side of the field no matter what that is what Haden's comments are implying.

Come on bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmg
Lulz @ the thought of the browns having a game plan...

Just read on SI.com that Fitzgerald has played with 12 different quarterbacks since he got drafted by the cardinals in the 8 years he's been in the league. That's sad.

No it means the Browns have installed a gameplan this week to stop DeSean Jackson and they didnt gameplan to stop Jeremy Maclin.
People a few pages back were saying that Maclin is better than DeSean Jackson which this disputes very strongly.
CB's do not shadow a certain WR all the time sometimes they stay on their side of the field no matter what that is what Haden's comments are implying.
Come on bro.

your best CB / Cover guy staying on the Teams best Deep threat? that doesnt mean Djax is better than Maclin, its simple game planing, whats more dangerous? a lob down the field (thats what alligator arms is good for) or a Slant / Post Route by Maclin? doesnt seem like a hard decision from a Coach's view.

Lulz @ the thought of the browns having a game plan...
Just read on SI.com that Fitzgerald has played with 12 different quarterbacks since he got drafted by the cardinals in the 8 years he's been in the league. That's sad.

:smh: :smh:

hopefully he gets a QB in next years draft

if not Well gladly give a 2nd round pick for him :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom