NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bronco fans - Why on earth did Fox change to a 4-3 defense? I wonder how that will effect Von Miller...

Over / under on how many games Vick plays?
14+ from a cautiously optimistic Eagles fan. Even with Peters out. Bell is more than serviceable. Foles can fill in for a game or two, but nothing more as as rookie.

I wanna see MV7 sliding more to protect his body. Also for refs to call the numerous late hits that often go un-flagged near or on the sidelines. Vick needs to learn to concede the end of a play instead of always going for a home-run 60-yard ESPN Top Play.

I see him playing 11 and good luck with helps from the Refs, we got high school reds out there :lol: RIP :lol:

I see him playing 11 and good luck with helps from the Refs, we got high school reds out there :lol: RIP :lol:
Bad news. In all reality, it's unlikely we (Philly) make the playoffs, win the division, or win a SB no-less, if MV7 plays 11 or less. We just can't march out a rookie QB even if he looked stellar in preaseason. Our defense isn't reliable enough or strong enough against the run.

Nnamdi is on a short leash for me. Miserable first year in Philly. Let's see what he's got in the second season. Partial blame is on Castillo for not utilizing Nnamdi effectively or comfortably.

Browns haven't been right since 03.

Haden pick has been the best thing.

Hopefully T-Rich lives up to the hype

Weeden I just hope he's alive in week 5

Aaron Rodgers bet Boys II Men that if The Pack lose to the 9ers in the season opener tomorrow that he'll wear a 9er jersey for a week...Question is, how is he friends with them? That's a damn good game to watch BTW...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...n-rodgers-headscratching-bet-with-boyz-ii-men
Looks like the Browns won't observe a moment of silence for Modell because they're afraid of the crowd not being respectful...
Wonder if the Steelers got a deal done with Wallace before they left for Denver? If not, they won't negotiate with him during the season. Damn Mike, sign!!! You won't get a combo of dough & chances to win SBs with teams that have cap room to sign you...

Haha wtf? Rodgers doesn't exactly scream 90's R&B to me :lol:

I'm on record for a Pats/Eagles SB. Could see Baltimore and Houston challenging NE in the AFC. GB and SF challenging Philly in the NFC.

Bad news. In all reality, it's unlikely we (Philly) make the playoffs, win the division, or win a SB no-less, if MV7 plays 11 or less. We just can't march out a rookie QB even if he looked stellar in preaseason. Our defense isn't reliable enough or strong enough against the run.

Nnamdi is on a short leash for me. Miserable first year in Philly. Let's see what he's got in the second season. Partial blame is on Castillo for not utilizing Nnamdi effectively or comfortably.

The other reason is Cadtillo isn't a defense cord.

Browns haven't been right since 03.

Haden pick has been the best thing.

Hopefully T-Rich lives up to the hype

Weeden I just hope he's alive in week 5

Still can't believe y'all took weeden :smh: :smh: i can only image what is it to be Cleveland fan, 1st Cavs pass on Barnes and take waiters :x and now y'all take. 30 year old rookie QB :x

The other reason is Cadtillo isn't a defense cord.
Should never have even gotten the DC job. On top of that, Andy is overly loyal and didn't fire Castillo after the 2011-2012 (insert Emmitt) debacle. Perfect chance to cut ties and bring in Spags. Still upset about it.

I think Nnamdi's troubles last year were because he came from a bump & run in Oak then coming to a zone scheme in Philly. Nnamdi can run a clinic on jamming a receiver at the line & disrupting the route. I'm confident that he'll pick up the technique & intricacies for Castillo's D.

I think Nnamdi's troubles last year were because he came from a bump & run in Oak then coming to a zone scheme in Philly. Nnamdi can run a clinic on jamming a receiver at the line & disrupting the route. I'm confident that he'll pick up the technique & intricacies for Castillo's D.
My thing is usually I wouldn't adapt a system to one player, but Nnamdi is most comfortable on a isolated island. Bump-and-run, jam the receiver like you said (often got away with penalties in Oakland, in all honesty though). It's not like allowing Nnamdi to fit his comfort zone negatively affects the rest of the defense systematically. Why does Castillo have the right to force Nnamdi to adapt in Philly? It hasn't worked and turned a top-2 CB into a mediocre cover player.

Castillos out after this season if those defensive woes continue
Anything short of winning the NFC East and AT LEAST a conference title game and the entire coaching staff will be gone.  Team personnel has been too good for too long with only one NFC title to show for it.  The Reid Regime is on the line this season.

Never understood why coaches make changes to offenses and/or defenses when they get hired if they don't have the personnel to do what they want immediately. I knew Mike Tomlin was going to do really well when he came to Pittsburgh when he kept LeBeau's 3-4 instead of switching to the 4-3 he ran in Minny.

I actually have a lot of respect for Reid for keeping Castillo & trying to get the players needed to try & run that D successfully. Loyalty is something lost in the world today especially in the sports world but I'm going to agree with MMG, Castillo is ghost if that D don't play well.

Andy is gone as well with Castillo if we don't play well and the defense doesn't perform. Expectations are high. Winning the division (playoff berth) and I've heard fans go as high as SB like myself. I truly believe this is the year. In all honesty, my NT predictions for SB have never included the Eagles in the past six to seven years. I had GB/Pitt last year. Denver/Seattle I believe a couple years ago.

Lulz - Roy Williams announced his retirement. Still scratching my head at Jones giving up a !st rd, 3rd, 6th, & a 7th for him...

I would love to see gruden coaching again :pimp:

Sadly unless that team collapses I don't see Reid gone, sorry iggles fans

I would love to see gruden coaching again :pimp:

That team is so built on Reid's version of the West Coast Offense, any coach coming in would have a hard time trying to installing a new offense.

I would love to see gruden coaching again
pimp.gif

wasnt the rumor if they dont win 9+ games that he would get fired???

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...les-job-danger-jeopardy-nfc-east-michael-vick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom