NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the topic a little but those red and yellow Nike cleats look good with those ******** unis .

Trent + Best WR on the board.
30 Year old rookie QB, no thanks :x
At least they didn't take Tanny with the #8 pick? Sorry Dolphins fans.

I was okay with Trent that high. Believe in him somewhat. In hindsight, from a football perspective, wanted Cleveland to trade their #22 back for extra picks. No WR really worth taking there. Could have had Jeffery, Randle, Quick, Broyles, or Hill plus the extra pick(s).

Off the topic a little but those red and yellow Nike cleats look good with those ******** unis .

Red...

uYvuK.gif

I was okay with Trent that high. Believe in him somewhat. In hindsight, from a football perspective, wanted Cleveland to trade their #22 back for extra picks. No WR really worth taking there. Could have had Jeffery, Randle, Quick, Broyles, or Hill plus the extra pick(s).

i was def fine with trent that High.

Tanny that high too was also a reach, but its a "QB" driven league :rolleyes

I agree I dont know what the Dolphins was thinking if at all by taking Tanny, he was mediocre in college so what made them believe he would be a great NFL QB ? 

Even before the Draft, I don't know how any Browns or football fan could explain or justify Weeden being a better pro QB than Colt. McCoy is a solid game manager. Could be a competitive team's Jeff Garcia. Protect the football. Use his legs. Make good decisions. Nothing fancy, little to no big plays. But Cleveland has a decent enough defense to stay in football games. Now you have a feature back in Trent that likes to pound the rock 30 times a game.

Makes too much sense. Not to say he wont succeed but wasted a pick as of right now.

How about Sanchez's Stat line? :smh:

Why on Earth is Arian Foster still getting carries, potentially past 25 for the game, in a 30-10 game fourth-quarter? You have Ben Tate. That's how you injure your star, Kubiak.

i was def fine with trent that High.
Tanny that high too was also a reach, but its a "QB" driven league :rolleyes
I feel you, man. Gabbert, Ponder, and Locker all too high the year before.

I agree I dont know what the Dolphins was thinking if at all by taking Tanny, he was mediocre in college so what made them believe he would be a great NFL QB ? 
My best guess is Philbin's confidence as a QB guru wanted the challenge to develop the Tanny project into a star. Miami fans were hyped in preseason when the kid looked good. Regular season and game speed is a different animal. Tanny's a good athlete, but that doesn't always translate to the QB position.

Makes too much sense. Not to say he wont succeed but wasted a pick as of right now.
How about Sanchez's Stat line? :smh:
I'm equally impressed with Hill's rookie debut. Kerley was cooking also. Can't see this happening for the Jets in another game all season. Today was best case scenario against Buffalo. Jackson injury. Fitzpatrick playing like the garbage man that picks up your trash every week.

Why on Earth is Arian Foster still getting carries, potentially past 25 for the game, in a 30-10 game fourth-quarter? You have Ben Tate. That's how you injure your star, Kubiak.
I feel you, man. Gabbert, Ponder, and Locker all too high the year before.
My best guess is Philbin's confidence as a QB guru wanted the challenge to develop the Tanny project into a star. Miami fans were hyped in preseason when the kid looked good. Regular season and game speed is a different animal. Tanny's a good athlete, but that doesn't always translate to the QB position.
I'm equally impressed with Hill's rookie debut. Kerley was cooking also. Can't see this happening for the Jets in another game all season. Today was best case scenario against Buffalo. Jackson injury. Fitzpatrick playing like the garbage man that picks up your trash every week.

all this.

pull #23, thats why we have Tate

and smh Fitzpatrick looking worse than a garbage man, he could toss a football in the back of a garbage truck right now :smh: unless a jet was covering it :smh:

So basically the Bills are showing us what everyone knew, the Jets are weak up front against the run

yet they chose to ask Fitzpatrick to beat that secondary :lol:

Holy crap Gabbert standing tall in the pocket making a big boy throw!!! Malarkey is a miracle worker!!!

Weeden's QB rating is 6.0 ? 
roll.gif
  you get 39 for attempting 1 pass and
mean.gif
 at Mike Vick you talk all of this stuff this offseason and this is what you show for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom