NFL leak: 2010 Pro Bowl to take place in Miami, one week before Super Bowl.

I don't think I care either way...
laugh.gif

http://www.google.com/hos...oMfgldlFTStJfnvAD95CK7VO0

[h1]AP source: 2010 Pro Bowl will be in Miami[/h1]
By TIM REYNOLDS - 31 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP) - The Pro Bowl will be played one week before the Super Bowl in 2010 and both games will be staged in Dolphin Stadium, a person directly involved in the decision told The Associated Press on Monday.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the NFL has not announced the move.

It's not a new notion to have the game moved up to take place between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. The NFL has discussed it multiple times in recent years, and commissioner Roger Goodell told the AP last month that having the game precede the Super Bowl would avoid a "somewhat anticlimactic" ending to the season.

The Pro Bowl has been held in Honolulu since 1980.

so now, players who's teams are in the Super Bowl, have a legitimate reason to not play in the Pro Bowl.

The Pro Bowl sucks no matter what. And now the players who make the Pro Bowl from Super Bowl teams won't participate
laugh.gif

I would think the Player's Assocation is fuming right now. What if a Super Bowl starter gets hurt? Look for players from the two Super Bowl teams to justskip the Pro Bowl then. I don't know about this idea ....

Kind of sucks for the players who make it.

I mean, the incentive for playing in the game was because you got an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii.

But now, why the hell would I (as a player) want to go to Miami???

Not to knock Miami (cuz I LOVE SoBe).

But anyone can go there practically ANYTIME.

There's just no incentive whatsoever for a player to suit up and go play now.
laugh.gif

Players playing in the S.B. wont be expected to play.

As for the game itself they should just kill this game and name pro bowl teams on paper and be done with it.

Thats all we had and now they take it away from us. Horrible decision. Does the NFL revolve around the state of Florida?

its like an extended vegas all-star weekend...that would make it a 10 day run of madness.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

I like it simply because it makes the SuperBowl the climax of the season.
The superbowl already is the climax of the season..........

No one ever takes the probowl seriously. It was just a reward game at the end of the year for all the all-stars to come together in beautiful Hawaii and meetall types of fans and to have a good time. I don't like this move of taking it away from Hawaii.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

so now, players who's teams are in the Super Bowl, have a legitimate reason to not play in the Pro Bowl.

i would refuse to play if i had to play in the superbowl the next week. does anyone even still watch the probowl. besides the skill drills & what not?

bad idea

what they should be discussing is moving the date they make selections for the pro bowl to some time AFTER the regular season. I see how the baseball all stargame, we vote before the season end but thats because the game is played in the middle of the season. But since the pro bowl is played way after the regularseason, why make the votes 2-3 weeks before it even ends. Im pretty sure (especially this year) that some players would be in that arent currently in and somewouldnt.

if they are going to move it from Hawaii, they should play it at the site of the Super Bowl, make it a huge extravaganza.

Play it the sunday before the ball game, and then have media week there.

Pro Bowl is worthless anyways, who cares?

And of course no players that would be in the super bowl would play in this game, whoever it was that thought that should take a few days to think about life
laugh.gif

Dumb. They should have a Universal Bye Week in the middle of the season and have the pro bowl then. Early bye's are stupid and unfair.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

Dumb. They should have a Universal Bye Week in the middle of the season and have the pro bowl then. Early bye's are stupid and unfair.
and if they had it then, no one would play because of the fear of getting hurt, so that idea is even dumber.

Football is too physical of a sport to have an exhibition, meaningless game during the middle of the season

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

and if they had it then, no one would play because of the fear of getting hurt, so that idea is even dumber.

Football is too physical of a sport to have an exhibition, meaningless game during the middle of the season
That's true. I just hate early bye's
laugh.gif

They should get rid of the 2 weeks before the superbowl though.

You can expect more players to bypass the pro-bowl then.

Pro-Bowl players going to the SB are automatically gonna pass.
Then you got players that lost the AFC/NFC chip' that are prolly not gonna want to play in the Pro-Bowl either.

Back
Top Bottom