NFL/NCAA Feet: '10-'11 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Those OSU vapors look nice.  Love the Boise ones too...damn I wish I had connects for things like that.

I agree that the retractable cleats sounds more gimmicky than anything else.  Also don't like the mid-cut, but the deflex padding is a nice touch and makes sense for a mid-cut cleat

Those OSU vapors look nice.  Love the Boise ones too...damn I wish I had connects for things like that.

I agree that the retractable cleats sounds more gimmicky than anything else.  Also don't like the mid-cut, but the deflex padding is a nice touch and makes sense for a mid-cut cleat

nike-alpha-talon-cleat-04.jpg

uh skeet

Those OSU Vapors look good....

Like others, I'm a bit curious about the higher collar height. A 1/4" or 1/8" reduction in the height would have been a bit better aesthetically.

Those OSU Vapors look good....

Like others, I'm a bit curious about the higher collar height. A 1/4" or 1/8" reduction in the height would have been a bit better aesthetically.

img3726sa.jpg

img3703n.jpg

img3590o.jpg

img3610a.jpg

img3698y.jpg

img3682c.jpg

img3672l.jpg

img3674w.jpg

The fact that Florida's socks don't transition directly into the collar color of the cleats is a definite minus. It just looks so smooth when the bright yellow of Oregon's socks look like an extension of their cleats.
img3675.jpg

I thought TCU's colors were black and purple, no? Where is this bright red coming from?
img3678m.jpg

img3690yg.jpg

Nike's new compression girdle. Looks like they're using the same carbon fiber from their soccer shin guards.
img3634m.jpg

img3726sa.jpg

img3703n.jpg

img3590o.jpg

img3610a.jpg

img3698y.jpg

img3682c.jpg

img3672l.jpg

img3674w.jpg

The fact that Florida's socks don't transition directly into the collar color of the cleats is a definite minus. It just looks so smooth when the bright yellow of Oregon's socks look like an extension of their cleats.
img3675.jpg

I thought TCU's colors were black and purple, no? Where is this bright red coming from?
img3678m.jpg

img3690yg.jpg

Nike's new compression girdle. Looks like they're using the same carbon fiber from their soccer shin guards.
img3634m.jpg

the red accents come from the "spit blood" theme started on the helmets last year. horned frogs spit blood from their eyes as a defense mechanism.

2010 rivalry helmet:
24zduu9.png

spit blood ad:

the red accents come from the "spit blood" theme started on the helmets last year. horned frogs spit blood from their eyes as a defense mechanism.

2010 rivalry helmet:
24zduu9.png

spit blood ad:

Wait, so TCU is actually named after the horned lizard? I always thought they were named after the real horned frogs, as in those big fatties from South America. This is what I'm talking about.

Either way I'm not really a fan of the red. I think the black/purple of TCU and Kansas State is one of the best color combos out there. Adding in the really bright red (which seems to only be on the accessories, cleats, and helmet stripe) is adding too many colors, especially if you count the silver on the pants.

Wait, so TCU is actually named after the horned lizard? I always thought they were named after the real horned frogs, as in those big fatties from South America. This is what I'm talking about.

Either way I'm not really a fan of the red. I think the black/purple of TCU and Kansas State is one of the best color combos out there. Adding in the really bright red (which seems to only be on the accessories, cleats, and helmet stripe) is adding too many colors, especially if you count the silver on the pants.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

Ugh...I just read the tech specs on the Talon and found out that the four teal studs on the forefoot are retractable à la the Sense Stud on the Superfly. What is the point? Basically, whenever your foot isn't planted on the ground the studs will retract, and when you place them on the ground they will extend. How is it a benefit to have them retracted when you're foot isn't touching the ground? Does it make you more aerodynamic or something? Why not just leave them fixed so they're always extended? Nike needs to cut the crap.

Rant over.

Maybe Nike has determined you dont need long cleats extended unless you purposely are trying to use them. Maybe always having the cleats extended could lead to unnecassary catching of the cleats on the turf.

Ugh...I just read the tech specs on the Talon and found out that the four teal studs on the forefoot are retractable à la the Sense Stud on the Superfly. What is the point? Basically, whenever your foot isn't planted on the ground the studs will retract, and when you place them on the ground they will extend. How is it a benefit to have them retracted when you're foot isn't touching the ground? Does it make you more aerodynamic or something? Why not just leave them fixed so they're always extended? Nike needs to cut the crap.

Rant over.

Maybe Nike has determined you dont need long cleats extended unless you purposely are trying to use them. Maybe always having the cleats extended could lead to unnecassary catching of the cleats on the turf.

Yeah, they are named after Horned Frogs from Texas that are actually considered lizards....

addy.jpg
horned-lizard-blood.jpg

I like the red on the helmet, the other red mixed in is ugly. Alot of people are upset with the lack of purple. There is even a rumor swirling that TCU wont wear that black jersey and will wear the purple instead.

Yeah, they are named after Horned Frogs from Texas that are actually considered lizards....

addy.jpg
horned-lizard-blood.jpg

I like the red on the helmet, the other red mixed in is ugly. Alot of people are upset with the lack of purple. There is even a rumor swirling that TCU wont wear that black jersey and will wear the purple instead.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Rant over.

I was thinking about that, but if your foot is already planted in the ground, I'm guessing there's already enough pressure on those cleats for them to "engage" or whatever the proper term would be.  I like that it appears as if the GR shoes will have some the colored-chrome metallic finish on the bottom, although I remain partial to the cleats with all chrome or gradient chrome bottoms

Rant over.

I was thinking about that, but if your foot is already planted in the ground, I'm guessing there's already enough pressure on those cleats for them to "engage" or whatever the proper term would be.  I like that it appears as if the GR shoes will have some the colored-chrome metallic finish on the bottom, although I remain partial to the cleats with all chrome or gradient chrome bottoms

Originally Posted by jayli

Rant over.

I think they may be trying to tap into what Destroyers do on field turf.  Destroyer engage and get you traction on turf because they spiral into the ground. Maybe the middle part of the Talons work the same way.
nike-mens-air-speed-destr.jpg

nike-zoom-alpha-talon-cleat.jpg

Originally Posted by jayli

Rant over.

I think they may be trying to tap into what Destroyers do on field turf.  Destroyer engage and get you traction on turf because they spiral into the ground. Maybe the middle part of the Talons work the same way.
nike-mens-air-speed-destr.jpg

nike-zoom-alpha-talon-cleat.jpg

Guys,

The players who wear and like low cut cleats are probably gonna rock vapor carboon flys in the same colorway as the talons, check out the kicks on the mannequin:

72037_10150366826620721_57460905720_16166886_535275_n.jpg

58053_10150366826480721_57460905720_16166882_743757_n.jpg

154887_10150366826415721_57460905720_16166880_3187790_n.jpg

154172_10150366826545721_57460905720_16166884_8362897_n.jpg

Guys,

The players who wear and like low cut cleats are probably gonna rock vapor carboon flys in the same colorway as the talons, check out the kicks on the mannequin:

72037_10150366826620721_57460905720_16166886_535275_n.jpg

58053_10150366826480721_57460905720_16166882_743757_n.jpg

154887_10150366826415721_57460905720_16166880_3187790_n.jpg

154172_10150366826545721_57460905720_16166884_8362897_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom