NFL/NCAA Feet: '10-'11 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

09000d5d81d042d2_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d04cb0_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d06b4a_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d0675e_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d09d34_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d0932d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d0b49f_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d07e5d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d09f00_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d09eb6_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d04b3e_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d05ad2_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81d06ef4_gallery_600.jpg

Originally Posted by johngotty

Joe - Were you at the event?

Of all the uni's shown, I think TCU or Oregon had the best ones. I guess I'm a fan of purple or bright neons so hence my bias
laugh.gif

The Talon cleat is interesting but I'll be interested to see how many people are willing to pay for them. I know there was a similar soccer cleat unveiled during the World Cup. Any info on how they sold or were they even made available?

nah man, i couldve rolled thru but it didnt seem that interesting. the original docket listed Felix, Suh and Desmond Howard's bltch asss ... so i wasnt interested. if i wouldve known it was that big of a deal, i would of rolled thru.

my buddy Kev got some pics with DBo and Jax. said the black/neon were the coolest looking spikes in person.

here's my 2 cents on the Talon pricing....

im sure there will be different versions of the cleat to appease all price points. this recent event looks a helluva lot like the Cristiano event last year when they launched the purple and orange boots. (just re-read your post... we're reference the same thing)

those boasted a $275 tag or something insane. but when they hit the streets... there were about 4-5 different models, featuring different cushioning and spike plates.

it the same as a car ad. you can get a Maxima for $22k ... but the joint in the commercial is $35k.

Nike always tiers their cleats... im sure these will be no different.

that said, i havent looked into the tech of these at all... but im looking forward trying em out.

155629_10150366830350721_57460905720_16167018_2287494_n.jpg

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

im sure there will be different versions of the cleat to appease all price points. this recent event looks a helluva lot like the Cristiano event last year when they launched the purple and orange boots. (just re-read your post... we're reference the same thing)

those boasted a $275 tag or something insane. but when they hit the streets... there were about 4-5 different models, featuring different cushioning and spike plates.

it the same as a car ad. you can get a Maxima for $22k ... but the joint in the commercial is $35k.

Yeah, I stood there and shot the #%%! w/one of the key designers for what ended up being a 40 minute convo. I was razzing him because I said my 5yo would want a pair of these if I showed the pics and we got into the whole tiered pricing/features deal.

You didn't miss anything big as far as the event. As usual, it was an overwhelmingly great display by Nike
laugh.gif
. But it's so large, it takes a day or two to sit back and take it in. The cleats, the Flywire on jerseys and the new, even lighter shorts (I'm a big fan of the Hyperelite shorts) with Flywire were the key highlights. I wrote some on it (http://t.co/tq1vrZT) but need to come back and update w/additional pics and such.

Yeah, I stood there and shot the #%%! w/one of the key designers for what ended up being a 40 minute convo. I was razzing him because I said my 5yo would want a pair of these if I showed the pics and we got into the whole tiered pricing/features deal.

You didn't miss anything big as far as the event. As usual, it was an overwhelmingly great display by Nike
laugh.gif
. But it's so large, it takes a day or two to sit back and take it in. The cleats, the Flywire on jerseys and the new, even lighter shorts (I'm a big fan of the Hyperelite shorts) with Flywire were the key highlights. I wrote some on it (http://t.co/tq1vrZT) but need to come back and update w/additional pics and such.

The soccer cleats you two are talking about are the Superfly II, and I believe they sold pretty well. They retailed for $400, and the next cleat down in the Mercurial range--the Vapor--retailed for $240. Nike also created "Elite" versions of the boots in the T90, Tiempo, and CTR360 range which retailed for $325, $275, and $300 respectively. I'm fairly certain those sold well too, or at least well enough to make adidas decide to make a "Prime" or "SL" version for their Predator, F50, and adiPure ranges. Hyper-expensive cleats is the new trend I guess.

The soccer cleats you two are talking about are the Superfly II, and I believe they sold pretty well. They retailed for $400, and the next cleat down in the Mercurial range--the Vapor--retailed for $240. Nike also created "Elite" versions of the boots in the T90, Tiempo, and CTR360 range which retailed for $325, $275, and $300 respectively. I'm fairly certain those sold well too, or at least well enough to make adidas decide to make a "Prime" or "SL" version for their Predator, F50, and adiPure ranges. Hyper-expensive cleats is the new trend I guess.

there has to be some separating feature on these to steer me away from things like Vapors, or like adidas cleats.
either some super light weight on these, something along the lines of that to justify the price tag

there has to be some separating feature on these to steer me away from things like Vapors, or like adidas cleats.
either some super light weight on these, something along the lines of that to justify the price tag

I remember him wearing those a while ago. I'm guessing it's an old cleat he had lying around that suited the hard field best.

I remember him wearing those a while ago. I'm guessing it's an old cleat he had lying around that suited the hard field best.

Of all the uni's shown, I think TCU or Oregon had the best ones. I guess I'm a fan of purple or bright neons so hence my bias
laugh.gif

The Talon cleat is interesting but I'll be interested to see how many people are willing to pay for them. I know there was a similar soccer cleat unveiled during the World Cup. Any info on how they sold or were they even made available?

nah man, i couldve rolled thru but it didnt seem that interesting. the original docket listed Felix, Suh and Desmond Howard's bltch asss ... so i wasnt interested. if i wouldve known it was that big of a deal, i would of rolled thru.

my buddy Kev got some pics with DBo and Jax. said the black/neon were the coolest looking spikes in person.

that said, i havent looked into the tech of these at all... but im looking forward trying em out.

MAAANNNNNNNNNN .... forget the shoes
WHERE DO YOU GET THAT SHIRT !?!?!?!?!
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HMack007

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
I'd like to know the same thing....I checked NikeID...but am guessing it will be out in the Spring/Fall as well....

Originally Posted by HMack007

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
I'd like to know the same thing....I checked NikeID...but am guessing it will be out in the Spring/Fall as well....

Back
Top Bottom