NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Told you...well, sorta. I laughed cause those guys you mentioned really ain't **** yet and not proven to completely disregard McCoy as a possibility. And look...

Hey just cause it happened doesn’t mean it actually made sense for them to do it. They had a backfield that’s been performing very well and a rookie that looks like he can take over as soon as this season. Adding a guy that was statistically one of the worst in the league at the position last year who’s going to be unhappy in the locker room if he’s not treated like a starter doesn’t seem like a great idea but we’ll see what happens.

Hey just cause it happened doesn’t mean it actually made sense for them to do it. They had a backfield that’s been performing very well and a rookie that looks like he can take over as soon as this season. Adding a guy that was statistically one of the worst in the league at the position last year who’s going to be unhappy in the locker room if he’s not treated like a starter doesn’t seem like a great idea but we’ll see what happens.

I agree that by signing McCoy doesn't mean itll work out. I just laughed at the no-namers you highlighted as if that was reason itself not to explore better options.

We all know the impact Reid has on offensive players, he's familiar with Shady and Allen isn't Mahomes, so the defensive keys are completely different, so I wouldn't completely rule out McCoy having a resurgence type season. Plus, injuries happen, so I'm sure they all get a chance to prove something.

This seems like a perfect time to remind people that Damien Williams is a 27 year old running back with 180 career carries

We all know this, you don’t need to remind anybody. But regardless of that the dude has played great since last year when he took over, he’s 5 years younger than McCoy and they have another kid who we were all drafting in fantasy because of how great he’s looked. So just negating that as well as how poorly McCoy played last year just seems like a weird thing to add onto this team at the moment.

You watch the game today?? Bouta be another long year in Blacksburg :smh:

6A2B3386-3BF8-45C5-A745-0550CAB77DAF.jpeg

I’m ready for Bud to go man. He still running cover 0’s and keeping DB’s on islands against spread offenses lmaooo

Henden Hooker can’t be that bad either, no way he’s that much worse than Willis

At this rate the Dolphins figure out how to get rid of Jones they could have over $100 mill in cap space next year.

Might as well see what Xavien could go for. Someone offer up 3 1s and a 2.

I have no problems with what the Texans did yesterday.

The general public horribly overrates how important the volume of draft picks a team has in comparison to how good a team drafts.

We all know this, you don’t need to remind anybody. But regardless of that the dude has played great since last year when he took over, he’s 5 years younger than McCoy and they have another kid who we were all drafting in fantasy because of how great he’s looked. So just negating that as well as how poorly McCoy played last year just seems like a weird thing to add onto this team at the moment.

It was 3 games. And before hunt got cut and ware got hurt he was a 3rd/4th string running back. And before that he was a third string running back for the dolphins and averaged 3.5 ypc behind a terrible line next to a horrible QB. Sound familiar?

Darwin is also an undersized running back who they have no idea is capable of carrying a full NFL workload. I’m sure they were worried about lack of depth given the uncertainty of their two running backs

McCoy may have looked terrible last year but Andy Reid has a way of making mediocre/washed running backs look elite again. The extra depth certainly isn’t going to hurt the cause either.

I remember it was 9 am and I had just landed in The Chi this day for Labor Day weekend.. glorious moment as a Bears fan.

@ITO i told my guys down here who are dolphin fans minus whale see what u can get for Xavien. 2 years in football is a lot to “tank” for a QB. Might see what herbert does this year and if he kills draft him and then build up on both sides of the balls with skill guys

It was 3 games. And before hunt got cut and ware got hurt he was a 3rd/4th string running back. And before that he was a third string running back for the dolphins and averaged 3.5 ypc behind a terrible line next to a horrible QB. Sound familiar?

Darwin is also an undersized running back who they have no idea is capable of carrying a full NFL workload. I’m sure they were worried about lack of depth given the uncertainty of their two running backs

McCoy may have looked terrible last year but Andy Reid has a way of making mediocre/washed running backs look elite again. The extra depth certainly isn’t going to hurt the cause either.
He didn't look washed he is washed. All he does is dance now but since he's so old he can't even juke nobody no more. With that said I expect him to look like the goat with KC.

The general public horribly overrates how important the volume of draft picks a team has in comparison to how good a team drafts.

What are you talking about? Giving GMs who are horrible at drafting a ton of picks is a blue print for success. Look at what Sashi Brown did

5D58860A-AED5-4F42-B6AF-353FF8E5B8F3.png

Dolphins need to let their GM trade for all the picks and fire his *** before they start using them so they don’t end up like this

I don’t think it’s overrating them when the team has so many damn needs. They essentially gave up 3 first round picks to find a left tackle, who’ve they’ve given all the leverage to by not trying to contact him or his agent about an extension. They have an obvious need at RB and the secondary has been in need of help for a couple years now. What the Texans actually need is a GM and a front office that can put this team together for years to come and not a coach/GM, who’s trying to save his job.

Back
Top Bottom