NFL Week 11 In Review...

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

philly5fan wrote:

Lol at a Giants fan saying "If we play mistake free football we can beat anyone" Isn't that the case for a lot of teams??

Great win for us last night... we had a lot of dropped passes and 120 penalty yards, a blocked FG and still managed to put up 27pts on the number 1 defense and win by 10
pimp.gif

I am not a believer in the Bears or the Buccaneers.. Jets are also somewhat suspect but I definitely don't put them in the same boat as the Bucs or Bears

Can't wait for us to play against that Houston defense
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Dallas punt return really won them the game

Manning and Brady in another classic showdown... But Brady>>> Manning.. especially in clutch situations

WTH is wrong with Chris Collinsworth?!?! Dude was blatantly telling the Giants to knock Vick out of the game
30t6p3b.gif

Skins with another lucky win on the season due to an injury... but they won't be going anywhere

Next week vs the Bears!! Lets go Philly!!
Huh?  Don't even play the injury card....even with VY, you can't say that the Titans had the game wrapped up...because they didn't.....FWIW, including Landry/Rogers, Skins lost 10 guys due to injury yesterday.....they dominated the Titans statistically. 

Dominated and won against a rookie QB in OT... not to mention in OT every single positive yard gained was due to a Titans penalty

Not gonna say they had the game wrapped up.... but playing a QB with the name of Rusty for half the game certainly didn't help

Rusty Smith sucked...VY wasn't much better.  The fact is, the skins were down 10 players and still won the game.  They had their highest yard total and 3rd down competion % of the season....they were a wounded duck going into the game and the fact that the Titans didn't exploit their weaknesses is baffling.  I mean, how do the Titans NOT score an offensive TD?  Who cares about the Titans imploding during OT....they had the ball to start and didn't do #$@%.  Those are the breaks in an NFL game....

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Maybe we were wrong. Being a coordinator has no correlation on being a head coach.

I don't care what it looks like. I care about my team being in the best position. If much-maligned Jason Garrett is the one to put them there, great.
This is my thing... In the past, when we've hired stud coordinators, we've bombed miserably...

Hire a head coach. Don't go find the best coordinator out there and hire him.

Through two games, there isn't much to complain about with Jason Garrett... Talking about this team playing with fire BECAUSE Wade was fired is stupid. How often do midseason coaching changes turn around anything? More often, they result in complete collapses. As a general rule, nothing good comes from them.

Taking credit away from Garrett for the last two weeks isn't fair. He's a crappy coordinator. Or, at least, he was when Wade was here. That's fine. You'll get no arguments here. But the last two weeks, the offense isn't the same as it was three weeks ago. Makes you wonder if Wade had a bigger hand in things than we thought.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Maybe we were wrong. Being a coordinator has no correlation on being a head coach.

I don't care what it looks like. I care about my team being in the best position. If much-maligned Jason Garrett is the one to put them there, great.
This is my thing... In the past, when we've hired stud coordinators, we've bombed miserably...

Hire a head coach. Don't go find the best coordinator out there and hire him.

Through two games, there isn't much to complain about with Jason Garrett... Talking about this team playing with fire BECAUSE Wade was fired is stupid. How often do midseason coaching changes turn around anything? More often, they result in complete collapses. As a general rule, nothing good comes from them.

Taking credit away from Garrett for the last two weeks isn't fair. He's a crappy coordinator. Or, at least, he was when Wade was here. That's fine. You'll get no arguments here. But the last two weeks, the offense isn't the same as it was three weeks ago. Makes you wonder if Wade had a bigger hand in things than we thought.

-Seymour
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
, I think everybody but Steeler fans was happy to see Worthlessburger go down like that.
-49ers-Cards next week is basically an elimination game for the NFC Worst crown. Loser falls to 3-8 and could be pretty much considered out of it officially. If Niners lose, we should tank it the rest of the way and try to get Andrew Luck.
-Vikings have to bench Favre, they have nothing to gain by playing him. They might as well see what they have in Tavaris.

-Seymour
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
, I think everybody but Steeler fans was happy to see Worthlessburger go down like that.
-49ers-Cards next week is basically an elimination game for the NFC Worst crown. Loser falls to 3-8 and could be pretty much considered out of it officially. If Niners lose, we should tank it the rest of the way and try to get Andrew Luck.
-Vikings have to bench Favre, they have nothing to gain by playing him. They might as well see what they have in Tavaris.

Originally Posted by acidicality

-Seymour
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Wrong i love my team like no other but i throughly enjoyed seeing Ben get mollywhopped.

Originally Posted by acidicality

-Seymour
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Wrong i love my team like no other but i throughly enjoyed seeing Ben get mollywhopped.

laugh.gif
@ the Frodo's Ring reference, the Favre pic and ShaunHill's posts and spacebar.

I dreamed it in my head that this thread would be this hilarious but for my dreamers to come to fruition is a great thing!

laugh.gif
@ the Frodo's Ring reference, the Favre pic and ShaunHill's posts and spacebar.

I dreamed it in my head that this thread would be this hilarious but for my dreamers to come to fruition is a great thing!

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The last 2 pages have been dedicated to Tom Brady and Wes Welker, sad times around these parts.
Shall we dedicate the next 2 pages to those pesky and ever dangerous 49ers?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The last 2 pages have been dedicated to Tom Brady and Wes Welker, sad times around these parts.
Shall we dedicate the next 2 pages to those pesky and ever dangerous 49ers?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No matter how bad he may have been treated Vince young screwed up for the last time with the Titans.

No matter how bad he may have been treated Vince young screwed up for the last time with the Titans.

Leslie Frazier says Brett Favre will start Sunday versus Washington.

JPZx wrote:
So the losses will go on.  Nice, glad to see Brett get what he deserves. 
pimp.gif

JPZx wrote:
So the losses will go on.  Nice, glad to see Brett get what he deserves. 
pimp.gif

So, is Tom Brady the unanimous MVP choice right now? The last six weeks, hes beaten: Manning, Rivers, Big Ben, Flacco, and Favre.

Of course, they lost to Colt #!@@%%! McCoy... but hey, it happens.  

Oh, and peep Fitz's quote:

"I've tasted the caviar now, so eating out of the garbage is not where I want to be.''
-- Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, on the current quarterback-troubled, Kurt Warner-free days with the Cardinals, to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic.

So, is Tom Brady the unanimous MVP choice right now? The last six weeks, hes beaten: Manning, Rivers, Big Ben, Flacco, and Favre.

Of course, they lost to Colt #!@@%%! McCoy... but hey, it happens.  

Oh, and peep Fitz's quote:

"I've tasted the caviar now, so eating out of the garbage is not where I want to be.''
-- Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, on the current quarterback-troubled, Kurt Warner-free days with the Cardinals, to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic.

Back
Top Bottom