NFL Week 15 In Review...

You might wanna study the definition of mediocre and below average

In the world of quarterbacking leading the league in interceptions FOUR TIMES is below average.

Never having a 2:1 td to int ratio is mediocre.

Throwing 20+ interceptions multiple occasions is below average and mediocre.

Those are facts. Not "jaded" opinions.

@ maximus. What did I leave out??

Last edited:
@ska.

The conversation was whether or not Eli is a hall of famer. Not Eli vs romo.

In true NT fashion tho, it turned to "my qb is better than romo" because I'm a cowboys fan saying bad things(facts) bout Eli.

My first post. In which u called me jaded.

I stated STATS bout all his mediocre seasons, all the ints. Etc. Then posted a link backing up what I said.

Those are called facts. Not opinions.

Its also a fact Tony Romo is 1-6 in elimination games. I heard on ESPN that since 2006 he has thrown 7 4th qt INT's when his team is tied or up by 1 or something like that. That's almost twice as many as any other QB. Eli is a flawed QB he will never be as good or consistent as Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, or Brady. Eli has atleast been able to put it all together and play well enough to win 2 Super Bowls. That is not a small accomplishment, the list of QB's who have won multiple Super Bowls is not long and many of them are in the HOF. Eli may not be a HOF but his 2 SB wins will trump any statistical accomplishment Romo has in his career if he ends without winning a SB.

People can't say Romo has never had teams good enough to get to the SB, hell one year he had a team with 13 pro bowlers and still lost at home in the playoffs to surprise surpise ELI MANNING and the Giants.

In the 4th and OT, Romo has 7 picks.

No other QB has 5.

('No other' would include Eli)

People can pretend that a monster 1st half holds as much weight as the end of the game, but the difference between a monster first half, or even an impressive 3 quarters... or 3.5 quarters... that doesn't end the game.

On paper, Romo puts up nice numbers. Because on paper, the entire game counts equally.

On tv, he threw a crucial pick last night that ended the game.

If you're a Cowboys fan who loves stats, Romo's your guy.

If you're a Cowboys fans who loves playoff success and clutch moments and 'cool under fire' performances, Romo is the bane of your existence.

It's been a dead horse all year and you idiots keep arguing back and forth.

Sound like a bunch of ******g broads with this garbage every week.

"Oh my team sucks but my QB is better than your QB"
"No your QB is lucky and my QB is better"
"No rings mean everything and your QB chokes"
"Oh my team sucks and my QB is new but Romo still sucks"

Take it to the QB thread or make a new thread. No one wants to hear bitter Giants fans, bitter Cowboys fans & bitter Eagles fans saying the same **** every week.

@ska.

In true NT fashion tho, it turned to "my qb is better than romo" because I'm a cowboys fan saying bad things(facts) bout Eli.
My bad.

And absolutely.

You hear people saying '2 SBs + SBMVPs' and you're acting like they just hand those things out at the mall, like he didn't have to QB the entire game, every game, en route to those 2 meaningless, ho hum wins.

@ska.

My bad.

And absolutely.

You hear people saying '2 SBs + SBMVPs' and you're acting like they just hand those things out at the mall, like he didn't have to QB the entire game, every game, en route to those 2 meaningless, ho hum wins.

You could argue that last sb MVP I thought Tuck deserved it he was dominanting that game.

@ maximus. What did I leave out??

Post his stats through those 2 SB runs. Like I said already, it's beating dead horse. All you do is post regular season stats and leave it at that.

It's been a dead horse all year and you idiots keep arguing back and forth.

Sound like a bunch of ******g broads with this garbage every week.

"Oh my team sucks but my QB is better than your QB"
"No your QB is lucky and my QB is better"
"No rings mean everything and your QB chokes"
"Oh my team sucks and my QB is new but Romo still sucks"

Take it to the QB thread or make a new thread. No one wants to hear bitter Giants fans, bitter Cowboys fans & bitter Eagles fans saying the same **** every week.

Calm your *** down. :lol:

I can't :lol: I'm an NFCE guy and a big Romo supporter and I really can't tolerate this anymore. It's the same **** every week, how can you wanna engage it that every Monday? :lol:

you can talk about the super bowls but eli also had great playoff performances during those 2 runs
some of yall act like the passes to tyree and manningham was the only thing eli ever did in his career

I wish I could see what OP of this post would have looked like if the Cowboys didn't blow a 23 point lead after half. 

On paper, Romo puts up nice numbers. Because on paper, the entire game counts equally.
Just curious, but do you feel all picks are created equal?  Like last night, Romo throwing a perfect pass that if his receiver didnt inexplicably cut off his route, would have resulted in a nice completion, is the same as Romo airmailing a pass to a wide open receiver and right to a safety?

I am not going to sit here and defend Romo like a bitter Cowboy fan who is defending his QB.  But it is very easy to say "oh hey look Romo threw a crucial interception at the end of the game again" while not looking at the reason the pass was intercepted.  That is incredibly lazy analysis.  Doing that is just as lazy as your on paper vs. on tv comparison.

Last edited:
I wish I could see what OP of this post would have looked like if the Cowboys didn't blow a 23 point lead after half. 
If you can get ahold of his hardrive its still there in the archives. He had it written at halftime but deleted it after the Lost.

VA over-exaggerates everything and under-values Superbowls and playoff success. :lol:

You could argue that last sb MVP I thought Tuck deserved it he was dominanting that game.

Tuck is my guy and all, but Eli was 31 for 42 (3rd best all time) for 298 yards, 73.8 % completion rating (4th best all time), 101 QB rating, and game winning drive. :x

Just curious, but do you feel all picks are created equal?  Like last night, Romo throwing a perfect pass that if his receiver didnt inexplicably cut off his route, would have resulted in a nice completion, is the same as Romo airmailing a pass to a wide open receiver and right to a safety?

Romo forced some throws and made some bad decisions while up big, especially the pass when he avoided the sack and tired to force one down the middle of the field. Should've thrown the ball away.

Last edited:
Dudes already forgetting Eli's second SB run was crazy :lol:. Even the 49ers game when he was getting knocked to the ground and still showed composure and made big plays

I am not going to sit here and defend Romo like a bitter Cowboy fan who is defending his QB.  But it is very easy to say "oh hey look Romo threw a crucial interception at the end of the game again" while not looking at the reason the pass was intercepted.  That is incredibly lazy analysis.  Doing that is just as lazy as your on paper vs. on tv comparison.
Actually... knowing more about the situation makes Romo look even worse.

We've all learned it was supposed to be a run, meaning no interception would have been possible right then.

Veer from your own team's gameplan, and confusion happens. Receiving running routes thinking a particular play is in order, then turn around and the ball is headed their direction; that can't be blamed on the receiver sitting there like "Uuuuhhh... thought we was running?"

Any way you slice it, it's on Romo, imo.

Last edited:

Romo forced some throws and made some bad decisions while up big, especially the pass when he avoided the sack and tired to force one down the middle of the field. Should've thrown the ball away.
I don't disagree with this.  Yes he forced some throws, and made some bad choices.  Only thing I will say is that when you are up big, you run the ball more.  That is not on Romo.  I heard coach say Romo checked out of a run when he threw the pick.  But I find it hard to believe that he checked out of runs on all but 4 plays in the second half.  Coaching is every bit as much to blame as Romo is.  Up 23 at halftime?  Your focus at that point should be managing the clock.  The Cowboys didnt do that.  They threw the ball on virtually every play. 

Was supposed to be a run, meaning no interception would have been possible right then.

Veer from your own team's gameplan, and confusion happens. Receiving running routes thinking a particular play is in order, then turn around and the ball is headed their direction; that can't be blamed on the reciever sitting there like "Uuuuhhh... thought we was running?"

Wait, are you trying to say that the receiver didnt know that Romo checked out of a run?  That would be the only explanation based on the rest of your post.  Have you ever played football before?  Quarterbacks dont audible and not inform the rest of his teammates on the field that he was changing the play. 

Dude is a professional wide receiver.  To say that he is absolved of all blame because the play was initially supposed to be a run is ridiculous.  He knew Romo checked out of the run.  And he knew what route he was supposed to run.  And he failed to do that. 

So much discussion on these two. Makes me miss the Peyton v Brady talk, at least talking about two of the best :lol:

Last edited:
The NFC North will come down to a week 17 match up between the bears and the packers if aaron comes back next week vs the steelers.
Alshon will be a top 5 WR by next season
Jay will not be a chicago bear next season.
with lance and peanut coming back soon and with the way jay ratliff and paea has been playing the Defense will get better.

He's done for the year and likely as a bear in general.

I have NO FAITH in this defense getting better. I've been saying it since the year began that our Defense masks their extreme poor performance with T.O's. We don't stop anyone, we struggle to get off the field unless it's through creating turnovers.

dland,

Are you blaming Beasley for his route on that turnover?
You know what?  I am all effed up right now.  I am confusing the interceptions and which play was checked out of.  I was speaking about the play that YOU are talking about with Beasley, not the play that Romo checked out of.

But to answer your question, yes, Beasley cut off his route and it would have likely been a completion had he not.

You know what?  I am all effed up right now.  I am confusing the interceptions and which play was checked out of.  I was speaking about the play that YOU are talking about with Beasley, not the play that Romo checked out of.

But to answer your question, yes, Beasley cut off his route and it would have likely been a completion had he not.

Michael Irvin and Deion both said that was an option route meaning he could cut it short. They said the WR played it correctly because there was a DB behind him and Romo made a poor throw.

Was supposed to be a run, meaning no interception would have been possible right then.

Veer from your own team's gameplan, and confusion happens. Receiving running routes thinking a particular play is in order, then turn around and the ball is headed their direction; that can't be blamed on the reciever sitting there like "Uuuuhhh... thought we was running?"

Wait, are you trying to say that the receiver didnt know that Romo checked out of a run?  That would be the only explanation based on the rest of your post.  Have you ever played football before?  Quarterbacks dont audible and not inform the rest of his teammates on the field that he was changing the play. 

Dude is a professional wide receiver.  To say that he is absolved of all blame because the play was initially supposed to be a run is ridiculous.  He knew Romo checked out of the run.  And he knew what route he was supposed to run.  And he failed to do that. 
What's football? I'm an accountant for a third world country.

Yes, I've freaking played football. And that matters zero to the discussion, because I'm talking about confusion.

Garbage men get confused if they're told two different things. Name a person; any person. If that person was told to do 2 different things by 2 people who were fairly important to them, they would be confused.

Have you ever played for the Dallas Cowboys? I haven't, but since you seem to think that only people directly involved can partake in discussion, were you on the field last night? If not, your own logic should stand to suggest you're as clueless as me, no? Neither one of us was in that huddle, on that field, right?

"Have you ever played football?" 
laugh.gif
 Aggravates the fire out of me when people w/ weak arguments need to resort to this elementary tactic. "I played football, so my argument is more valid."

Nope.

Check out of a play... EVERYONE else is thinking one thing is going to happen... and you go with something else... it's confusing. Bad things happen. Boss says one thing, supervisor says another, you're like "Ummm..."

Don't matter if I've played football, opened Wall St., or graduated HS to know that. Bad things happening because of confusion is not specific to football. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom