NFL Week 15 In Review...

Thats almost everywhere culture... Dudes look for that blindside block that'll flip a dude upside down from middle school football on.

I've been the victim of one of those hits in practice before... Not a game, not a game... Practice.

Every team makes those dirty plays from time to time.

Seems like the Steelers have been going above and beyond with dirty plays for a decade, though.

Interestingly enough this was a clear penalty and wasn't flagged, just like the last one. The kick would have been called back.

Dez seems unable or unwilling to grasp the concept that perception is in fact reality. I personally don't think his 'offenses' are that bad but he needs understand how the public and media will perceive his actions. LeBron was the same way and he definitely improved so it can happen

Yea. As unfair, hypocritical and just plain biased as the media treats him. He's obviously a scapegoat, And he can avoid it all.

A person he needs to speak with about changing his image is Brandon Marshall. His image has taken a 180.

Last edited:
Brandon Marshall has mental issues I'm well versed with borderline syndrome

Dez just needs to mature and control his emotions

He keeps seeing the good boys in the league getting away with it, why would he think to change? It's just rare to see a WR get pissy because his QB plays like ****. Add that into the pot of most folks not liking him coming outta college, then you get this.

@stillin.

I never said b Marshall didn't. I never said dez wasn't.

I'm just saying once upon a time Marshall was letting his emotions get the best of him.

Once upon a time b Marshall was a lightning rod for negative attention. Just like dez.

Marshall changed the narrative on himself, and the 'perception' of him changed. It's obvious he's treated diff now than his Denver/Miami days. Especially in the media.

Last edited:
@stillin.

I'm just saying once upon a time Marshall was letting his emotions get the best of him.

Once upon a time b Marshall was a lightning rod for negative attention. Just like dez.

Marshall changed the narrative on himself, and the 'perception' of him changed. It's obvious he's treated diff now than his Denver/Miami days. Especially in the media.

He def matured but I think it helped when the media realized the kind of disease that he has had to deal with

People who have that deal with a lot of personal demons and they can't control them and most medicine and therapy fails

@stillin.

He def matured but I think it helped when the media realized the kind of disease that he has had to deal with

People who have that deal with a lot of personal demons and they can't control them and most medicine and therapy fails

Not on the same level but hasn't Dez had those kind of personal demons/problems litter his life?

Ireland asked him if his Mom was a prostitute and people got offended he didn't answer or that he got offended at it. I mean, that's pretty ridiculous. Dez is always going to be someone more people than not are going to either want to see/celebrate his failures or never going to give any slack. It's been like this for a while.

Last edited:
Its actually a cracked vertabrae for the Bengals punter.
sick.gif
destruction.gif

Can someone tell me what was wrong about the hit on the punter?
nothing? if he didn't want to get hit, should have stayed away from the play.
some would say the hit was initiated with the helmet

(although i think it's impossible to hit someone straight on and avoid making contact with your helmet. if it's a "shoulder hit" your going for, your helmet is still going to make contact, as it's only a matter of inches between your shoulder and head)

Can someone tell me what was wrong about the hit on the punter?
1.  It's clearly helmet to helmet

2.  Punters are considered defenseless players.

3.  Aside from the rulebook, it's an unnecessary cheap shot on a player who doesn't have a facemask and wasn't going to make     an impact on the play.

Last edited:
Physical play which helped set the tone of the game. Unnecessary? He was trying to make a play on Brown. Unfortunate that Kevin it hurt cause he is a good player and guy but your bias is so strong for such a random team :lol:

Save that for SF

calling the kicker a "defenseless player" is highly debatable - a  much larger player taking out a small one is probably unethical or unfair, but any player on the field is fair game, especially when they do have a chance to make the tackle on the player with the ball and stop the play

Last edited:
Physical play which helped set the tone of the game. Unnecessary? He was trying to make a play on Brown. Unfortunate that Kevin it hurt cause he is a good player and guy but your bias is so strong for such a random team
laugh.gif

Save that for SF
Oh come on man...  Physical plays are one thing.  You're talking about "setting the tone" by taking a shot at the punter?  Since when does that prove toughness

edit: you can say I'm biased, but I think the evidence is there.  Last week a dude sticking his hand up another guy's a**, two weeks ago your coach interfering with play, this week a cheap shot at the punter.  I don't see how I'm wrong.

Last edited:
In the early 2000's and 90's those hits were normal in a rivalry game. Now you can't even hit a receiver going through the middle of the field

calling kicker a "defenseless player" is highly debatable - a  much larger player taking out a small one is probably unethical or unfair, but any player on the field is fair game, especially when they do have a chance to make the tackle on the player with the ball and stop the play
That's the rulebook definition though.

Back
Top Bottom