NFL Week 15 In Review...

:wow: @ that punter getting blown up

as far as edelman...i feel like he might be a guy that gives us a bit of a hometown discount when his contract is up. he's clearly a BB guy and he embraces what we're about so i feel like we have a good shot at keeping him, i hope

It was a helmet to helmet. And probably a cheap shot.

But cmon man, punters are considered defenseless players? Yes by the rule book they are, but I don't think that means they are immune from being blocked. Punters are on the field and allowed to make tackles, lets not try and exaggerate your point here.

Last edited:
the kicker didn't consider himself defenseless as he ran toward the player with the ball in order to stop him from advancing so why should he receive special treatment?

i don't even see it as helmet to helmet as the pittsburgh player seemed to aim for the kicker's upper chest rather than his head.

just turns out that the head is only a few inches from the upper chest area so the contact is more incidental than explicit

But cmon man, punters are considered defenseless players? Yes by the rule book they are, but I don't think that means they are immune from being blocked. Punters are on the field and allowed to make tackles, lets not try and exaggerate your point here.
They are not immune from being blocked, they are immune from certain types of hits because they are considered defenseless for the duration of the play.  In the same way that a "defenseless" receiver is immune from certain hits that are considered legal in most circumstances.

kickers receiving special treatment because they choose to not wear full pads and facemasks shouldn't be the burden of opposing players on the field. you can't have it both ways by choosing to not pad up while attempting to stop the play

had the kicker stopped the return, would we be calling him defenseless or calling him out for wearing less padding and protection?

kickers receiving special treatment because they choose to not wear full pads and facemasks shouldn't be the burden of opposing players on the field. you can't have it both ways by choosing to not pad up while attempting to stop the play

had the kicker stopped the return, would we be calling him defenseless or calling him out for wearing less padding and protection?
...  Why not just shove or throw him down to the ground?  Or block the dude normally?  You think lining up that head shot was necessary to block the guy?

Or is it "tone setting".  Confused.

while (fast) play is happening and players are scrambling all over, you don't have the luxury of saying to yourself "oh that guy's a punter. i'm just gonna shove him out of the way."  you just see a player in an opposing team's uniform and wanna take him out 

Nah, it was Mike Tomlin instructing him to find the punter and take him out. All part of his grand plan to win game 6

since 1997

Cowboys are

135-135 in the Regular Season

1-6 in the Post Season

and have only won 3 division titles

That doesn't matter because their fraud fans will harp back to their Superbowls which is the reason they chose them anyway

Otherwise they'd actually root for their hometown squad

Yo let's keep this week 15 talk
Take that Eli manning hof crap to the giants thread
Take the Dallas cowboys Super Bowl talk to the cowboy thread.

I already posted what I had to say about week 15 n the eagles earlier on this thread so I'm not gonna do it again, but I'd like to hear more from you guys from various locations so that I can get some insight on how teams are playing to justify starting somebody on my FFL, yes I use NT as my tool for fantasy. Y'all took me to da chip :pimp: but yea let's talk about this week

That doesn't matter because their fraud fans will harp back to their Superbowls which is the reason they chose them anyway

Come on man, not this stupidity again. I hate the fans who think they're somehow better because they root for their teams or because you don't root for you hometown team, your fan hood isn't the same. You're better than that & grouping all fans together.

1.  It's clearly helmet to helmet

2.  Punters are considered defenseless players.

3.  Aside from the rulebook, it's an unnecessary cheap shot on a player who doesn't have a facemask and wasn't going to make     an impact on the play.

helmet to helmet contact I would guess
no threat at all on the play...

mean.gif

mad cheap.

Come on man, not this stupidity again. I hate the fans who think they're somehow better because they root for their teams or because you don't root for you hometown team, your fan hood isn't the same. You're better than that & grouping all fans together.

http://niketalk.com/t/137999/official-cowboys-vs-eagles-post-goodnight/210#post_3047998

^This explains alot. He's getting "sonned" by a Cowboys' fan anyway. so its whatever I guess.

Reactions: S4L
Props to the Dolphins for being the only AFC team to step up when it counted. Crazy Balt could win out and will win the division

Lets get off the nfc east subject and start talking about how the colts are going to take the 2 seed lol

Props to the Dolphins for being the only AFC team to step up when it counted. Crazy Balt could win out and will win the division

I'd love to see the defending champ in there for once but Cincy is just an entirely different team at home.

Back
Top Bottom