NFL Week 3 In Review...

-The Chiefs rushing attack looked real good. It's still early but if Cassel can play well they can win the AFC West. Maybe they looked good because they were playing the 9ers though
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

-Firing Raye was the absolute right thing to do. He just sucks. the 49ers need to let Alex Smith do what he does best- throwing the ball in shotgun- he proved he can be decent in it last year.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Man every time I watch EB and ET I just think of the Cowboys with them on the squad ... I know Dez is amazing and our O should be unstoppable, but damn we need a safety ... we had to give up two firsts for EB and a first or second for ET, in hindsight i say do it and hope we never saw Dez against us ...

that last pick by ET yesterday was relatively simple enough, but there hasnt been a safety on the cowboys roster who could do that since forever ... recognize a route, jump a route and make a play on the ball ... smh
You guys suck ((period)) even us raiders have tasted the superbowl in the last ten years...you guys...not at all 
roll.gif

Dont go around trolling in raider forums stick to the cowpie forums.

The cowboys are a joke
My Lakers are hyped but they produce
The Yankees are hyped but they also produce
Why are the cowboys hyped but they will never win anything
smile.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Man every time I watch EB and ET I just think of the Cowboys with them on the squad ... I know Dez is amazing and our O should be unstoppable, but damn we need a safety ... we had to give up two firsts for EB and a first or second for ET, in hindsight i say do it and hope we never saw Dez against us ...

that last pick by ET yesterday was relatively simple enough, but there hasnt been a safety on the cowboys roster who could do that since forever ... recognize a route, jump a route and make a play on the ball ... smh
You guys suck ((period)) even us raiders have tasted the superbowl in the last ten years...you guys...not at all 
roll.gif

Dont go around trolling in raider forums stick to the cowpie forums.

The cowboys are a joke
My Lakers are hyped but they produce
The Yankees are hyped but they also produce
Why are the cowboys hyped but they will never win anything
smile.gif

My Titans:

-See, VY can actually bounce back and manage a game after a bad week against the steelers
-Congrats to my fellow New Jersian Kenny Britt for catching his first TD of the season in his homestate.
pimp.gif

-CJ back to his usual self
pimp.gif

-overall great game
-big ups to the defense and special teams for keeping it together
-i see another W against the broncos

Others:
-Eli aint nice with his left
laugh.gif

-Guess the cowboys did not wanna be second fiddle in texas.
-Im soo glad vick is getting all the media love. like somebody in this post said before. "story of the year"
-im not taking the chiefs serioulsy until they beat the colts
-dirty sanchez went off last night, about time he stepped up
-quan goin off
pimp.gif

-how does the skins lose to the rams?!

My Titans:

-See, VY can actually bounce back and manage a game after a bad week against the steelers
-Congrats to my fellow New Jersian Kenny Britt for catching his first TD of the season in his homestate.
pimp.gif

-CJ back to his usual self
pimp.gif

-overall great game
-big ups to the defense and special teams for keeping it together
-i see another W against the broncos

Others:
-Eli aint nice with his left
laugh.gif

-Guess the cowboys did not wanna be second fiddle in texas.
-Im soo glad vick is getting all the media love. like somebody in this post said before. "story of the year"
-im not taking the chiefs serioulsy until they beat the colts
-dirty sanchez went off last night, about time he stepped up
-quan goin off
pimp.gif

-how does the skins lose to the rams?!

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Nnamdi/Fitz matchup yesterday
pimp.gif
Agreed..next up Andre Johnson who i think is better.

we will bounce back from the cardinals loss...no worries. Win Lose or Tie Raider till..you know

R.I.P Mr.Blanda

George_Blanda_IA0202.jpg

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Nnamdi/Fitz matchup yesterday
pimp.gif
Agreed..next up Andre Johnson who i think is better.

we will bounce back from the cardinals loss...no worries. Win Lose or Tie Raider till..you know

R.I.P Mr.Blanda

George_Blanda_IA0202.jpg

You can't say dont overreact about sanchez but precede to overreact about Henne. Now, if I missunderstood what you were trying to say, my apologies

I just realized what I wrote (I usually speed through my "review" posts since I'm at work), but all I was basically saying is that he is a solid QB and very capable of leading his team, but dude becomes Dan marino vs the Jets.
laugh.gif

I don't know if its the familiarity factor with the Jets or if he's just comfortable vs that defense, but I don't see why he can't play like that on a consistent basis.

You can't say dont overreact about sanchez but precede to overreact about Henne. Now, if I missunderstood what you were trying to say, my apologies

I just realized what I wrote (I usually speed through my "review" posts since I'm at work), but all I was basically saying is that he is a solid QB and very capable of leading his team, but dude becomes Dan marino vs the Jets.
laugh.gif

I don't know if its the familiarity factor with the Jets or if he's just comfortable vs that defense, but I don't see why he can't play like that on a consistent basis.

Maybe if Garrard goes to jail for a couple of years he'll be good, matter of fact everybody could use a bid to improve besides MJD and Rashean.

props to Q, might not be one of the top 5 but damn he's a beast.

Aaron Rodgers bout to go off tonight

Maybe if Garrard goes to jail for a couple of years he'll be good, matter of fact everybody could use a bid to improve besides MJD and Rashean.

props to Q, might not be one of the top 5 but damn he's a beast.

Aaron Rodgers bout to go off tonight

-Texans need to fix up that line if they want to win the south
-Austin Collie is the new Welker/Stockley...whoever. Peyton likes him and he'll put up big numbers this year.
-Darren actually is running hard
-Jason Campbell can't even catch a break in Oakland.
-Glad to see Leon back returning kicks.
-Chargers have lost to Seattle and KC...they're not going to make their normal late season push.
-Kyle Orton really has worked out in Denver.
-Jacksonville is horrendous. Can't block at all.
-Pete Carrol knows how to get guys going
-The Atlanta is back from 2 years ago?
-Sanchez made some great throws
-Carolina can't even get the duo going

-Texans need to fix up that line if they want to win the south
-Austin Collie is the new Welker/Stockley...whoever. Peyton likes him and he'll put up big numbers this year.
-Darren actually is running hard
-Jason Campbell can't even catch a break in Oakland.
-Glad to see Leon back returning kicks.
-Chargers have lost to Seattle and KC...they're not going to make their normal late season push.
-Kyle Orton really has worked out in Denver.
-Jacksonville is horrendous. Can't block at all.
-Pete Carrol knows how to get guys going
-The Atlanta is back from 2 years ago?
-Sanchez made some great throws
-Carolina can't even get the duo going

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

the 49ers need to let Alex Smith do what he does best-

apologists....
tired.gif

laugh.gif
i'm no NT23, come on. the question is, who would rather start then? David Carr? Troy Smitih?

The team has bigger problems than Alex. We could definitely use an upgrade, but until it's proven one is available, there's no use in letting him go until at least the end of the season, or until he starts going Jamarcus Russell on us. As long as we still have him, just let him do what he does best. You saw what he can do in the Saints game, and other times in the past. He's decent, he's not good, but he can be alright when he plays his best. Everybody is quick to blame the QB when there are much bigger problems around. 

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

the 49ers need to let Alex Smith do what he does best-

apologists....
tired.gif

laugh.gif
i'm no NT23, come on. the question is, who would rather start then? David Carr? Troy Smitih?

The team has bigger problems than Alex. We could definitely use an upgrade, but until it's proven one is available, there's no use in letting him go until at least the end of the season, or until he starts going Jamarcus Russell on us. As long as we still have him, just let him do what he does best. You saw what he can do in the Saints game, and other times in the past. He's decent, he's not good, but he can be alright when he plays his best. Everybody is quick to blame the QB when there are much bigger problems around. 

- The fact that the Steelers have beaten the Titans, Falcons and Bucs (okay the least impressive of the 3) with a 3rd and 4th string QB is incredible.  No other team in the league could do that.  Doesn't necessarily translate into a championship but still amazing nonetheless.
- Ravens game that is coming up is playing with house money.  If the Steelers win it would be a bonus but by no means necessary
- Good to see the running game continue to pound it out pretty strong
- Still like the Bucs and Freeman, they have a bright future

Around the NFL
Kyle Orton has over 1000 yds passing in 3 weeks
laugh.gif

Just proves (no offense Kyle) how much the NFL handcuffs the defense and caters to offensive fireworks.  400 yards a game throwing is almost the norm, as easy as it used to be to get 300.
- Can't believe how undisciplined the Giants are, that is not what you expect from that team
- Philly looking much better with Vick, I'm guessing he will slow down some but should still start the rest of the year (barring injury or just an awful streak), who would've thought?
- Bengals have some serious issues on offense.  They will probably grind out a few wins here due to the schedule, but grinding out games worked last year.  I'm not sure if that can win a division 2 years in a row.  On a bright note Shipley and Gresham both look very good
- Ravens offense showed some spark but what was with the struggle against Cleveland?  They are better than that
- Peyton just amazes week after week
- Bad loss by Washington
- Terrible kicking by the Saints

Not much else, the season is still new

- The fact that the Steelers have beaten the Titans, Falcons and Bucs (okay the least impressive of the 3) with a 3rd and 4th string QB is incredible.  No other team in the league could do that.  Doesn't necessarily translate into a championship but still amazing nonetheless.
- Ravens game that is coming up is playing with house money.  If the Steelers win it would be a bonus but by no means necessary
- Good to see the running game continue to pound it out pretty strong
- Still like the Bucs and Freeman, they have a bright future

Around the NFL
Kyle Orton has over 1000 yds passing in 3 weeks
laugh.gif

Just proves (no offense Kyle) how much the NFL handcuffs the defense and caters to offensive fireworks.  400 yards a game throwing is almost the norm, as easy as it used to be to get 300.
- Can't believe how undisciplined the Giants are, that is not what you expect from that team
- Philly looking much better with Vick, I'm guessing he will slow down some but should still start the rest of the year (barring injury or just an awful streak), who would've thought?
- Bengals have some serious issues on offense.  They will probably grind out a few wins here due to the schedule, but grinding out games worked last year.  I'm not sure if that can win a division 2 years in a row.  On a bright note Shipley and Gresham both look very good
- Ravens offense showed some spark but what was with the struggle against Cleveland?  They are better than that
- Peyton just amazes week after week
- Bad loss by Washington
- Terrible kicking by the Saints

Not much else, the season is still new

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

aw man how did yall forget to mention this, dude was struggling
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm sorry, but with all those calls I would've screwed that ++@! up too.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

aw man how did yall forget to mention this, dude was struggling
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm sorry, but with all those calls I would've screwed that ++@! up too.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom