NFL week 5 week in review: Shoes requested it & has QOTW locked & loaded

I had a JJ Stokes football card with lightning and #*#* all over it when I was like 10
laugh.gif
I think it was an "action packed"... Joint went hard.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

no one cares about what WRs scored on the wonderlic
laugh.gif

When Hakeem Nicks had a disturbingly low score that made big news.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I had a JJ Stokes football card with lightning and #*#* all over it when I was like 10
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 I had the same $%%* but the ones I had were Stan Humphries and Larry Centers
laugh.gif

I always though JJ was going to be so good because

A I liked his name
B His football rookie cards with him at UCLA were sweet
C He played for SF and all WRs were good (in my mind)

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 I had the same $%%* but the ones I had were Stan Humphries and Larry Centers
laugh.gif
Bro don't get me started
laugh.gif
Imma about to go home and pull out my collection. 

:EEK I know i got this joint in one of my books at home.

images

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2202389.jpg

images

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I hate to admit it but I kinda like this who dey team. Good young players, no stupid shenanigans (TJ, Chad), and just a quiet confidence. That said I hope this team gets Bengalized ha ha

I agree. I had felt bad for guys like Dalton and Green before the season thinking they were going to be trapped in football's abyss, but they've done well so far. Maybe Cincinnati turned a corner.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I hate to admit it but I kinda like this who dey team. Good young players, no stupid shenanigans (TJ, Chad), and just a quiet confidence. That said I hope this team gets Bengalized ha ha

I agree. I had felt bad for guys like Dalton and Green before the season thinking they were going to be trapped in football's abyss, but they've done well so far. Maybe Cincinnati turned a corner.

A rookie QB showing more leadership than Carson Palmer EVER has. Dalton doesn't have the arm that Palmer had, but his leadership is so much better than CP's already. The linemen really have tried not to throw CP under the bus, but you can even tell in their statements. Getting rid of Palmer and Ocho were probably the best decisions Mike Brown could've made. Now we need to get rid of Ced Benson next year
30t6p3b.gif
. Trent Richardson
nerd.gif

It has to be impossible to do that now. At least I hope so. It seems Mikey has given Marvin more say so and there aren't any massive egos around. Cedric could be though.I wonder how Keith Rivers will fit back into this team.

I agree on Carson's leadership. It was lacking, but that team was at least credible for second until the unraveling. It just seems to be the Cincinnati way. I like this new direction though.

Weren't those gold Action Packed cards raised and '3D'?

RKO, you know Mike can still find a way to screw this team up. For as genius as his dad was, he is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum

its easy to step on Carson's leadership but he put up and went thru 300 times more than Dalton.

Carson Palmer had to deal with +*%* ownership, bad draft picks and selfish WRs.

there's only so much someone can take.  

Lets see what Dalton is made of after a couple years and some adversity.

Weren't those gold Action Packed cards raised and '3D'?

Yup raised letters and players
pimp.gif
I coulda swore I had the best card on the market when i was 9.
laugh.gif
That Deion card went hard... I remember sittin on my grandmas stairs checkin it out after my mom copped me a pack at the mall.
roll.gif

The only bad thing was with how thick the cards were you only got like 9 a pack instead of 15 or so. I need to get my card collection out and look at it, I swore as a kid it would make me rich (unfortunately we all thought that)

Yeah I musta had 250+  boxes of cards, 30 or so binders, 10 monster boxes, TONS of cards.  I spent I dunno......50,000 maybe more maybe less in my lifetime on cards. 

Sold all of em minus maybe 500 cards,  for about 650 bucks total. 
tired.gif

Yea I have all of those bad boys in storage
laugh.gif
might dig em out one day soon. Can't bring myself to sell em.

I always though JJ was going to be so good because

A I liked his name
B His football rookie cards with him at UCLA were sweet
C He played for SF and all WRs were good (in my mind)

SMH, I felt the same way as a kid. I still got the cards with him making all these crazy catches and acrobatic moves to stay in bounds 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yea I have all of those bad boys in storage
laugh.gif
might dig em out one day soon. Can't bring myself to sell em.

laugh.gif
naw its past sellin em at this point... I couldn't do it... Imma save these things forever.  I got like a full set of the whole team of the Jags the first year they came into the league. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah I musta had 250+  boxes of cards, 30 or so binders, 10 monster boxes, TONS of cards.  I spent I dunno......50,000 maybe more maybe less in my lifetime on cards. 

Sold all of em minus maybe 500 cards,  for about 650 bucks total. 
tired.gif

I have so many cards from my childhood, not selling them. Spent way too much just to make a hundred or two. 

All my cards are locked in a chest in my parents storage. Waiting to bust those out in 20 years or so to reminisce.
pimp.gif

It's kind of sad to see trading cards fall off. Trips to the card shop were always so exciting.

My pops has some really nice baseball cards that I'm set to acquire eventually.  Said he has like 5 times more but my grandma through them out after he went to college.  Still got multiple Robinson, Mays, Mantle cards though and some other pretty great ones.

I've been meaning to get around to making a sports memrobilia thread one of these days, just kind of have slacked on it.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

its easy to step on Carson's leadership but he put up and went thru 300 times more than Dalton.

Carson Palmer had to deal with +*%* ownership, bad draft picks and selfish WRs.

there's only so much someone can take.  

Lets see what Dalton is made of after a couple years and some adversity.

I think Carson had some leadership, it just got washed away by Chad, Mike Brown, Marvin, TJ, T.O AND etc.

Plus the O-Line was never rebuilt post Willie, Rich Braham and Stienbach leaving.

Sometimes enough is enough. It was a circus.

I liked Carson and still do but I like this new team so we're moving along.

Agree with the crap Carson went through. Took its toll and Marvins leadership needed to be questioned too. That receiver crew did as they liked and never took accountability. Pisses me off, because I'm still certain Carson could be an above average quarterback on another team. Not sure how a year off changes that.

Man, I was hooked on sports cards back when I was younger.
laugh.gif
I have a card shop around the way, so any time I got money I went straight there.
sick.gif
at how much I spent over the years.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom