Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

Giannis Antetokounmpo “Zoom Freak 1” debut signature for Nike Basketball.

Retailing for MSRP: $120

I couldn’t find a greek freak signature there, so I posted here.

Mods: move/merge if there is an existing thread?

I guess these are Giannis’ first signature shoe? According to this post. Don’t know about the tongue logo. Of course all speculation until better photos show up.

Pic added:

Nike Zoom Freak 1
Release Date:
07/10/19
Color: Black/Black-White-Lucid Green
Style #: BQ5422-001
Price: $120

-
AB10C5B8-ABB8-41F6-95CA-CFFBF6070A5D.jpeg

16152301-4761-457B-BE86-9ACDFE8EEF76.jpeg

Designs made by: https://niketalk.com/members/j-o-n-e-s.75517/

74279551-2B1A-4AD7-B0E5-ACB7ABF30FC4.png
7389F06A-1D8B-493F-99D1-6B2AC17EF85B.png
1DBCB669-A491-4D2D-AC0F-91504B8897B1.png
24328F83-FEA2-42BD-AD1B-25F19F4C6AE8.png
40D16037-2FE0-4A3A-B468-BAA8615A16EB.png
DC4EC7C9-00D4-4508-BD58-C585300C7954.png

Last edited:
Kind of an unexpected surprise.

I thought they would look alot like the lower cut flyknit shoes Nike is making but they kinda look like a 90s Nike or early 2000s
Like those sneakers in east bay that had like 20 team cws
Also remind me of the Pippen 2 where you have basically a "blank" upper and a whole lot going on with the sole.

They could have done more with the eyelets.

This cw is very bland but with the amount of empty space it's basically a blank canvas.

Edit.

I was wrong about everything.

Last edited:
Not looking promising. Are these supposed to come out this upcoming season? I thought these were at least a year away...

Cream upper, green swoosh, white midsole could be pretty good

Upper looks like Kyrie 2 material though, which I hated

Kind of an unexpected surprise.

I thought they would look alot like the lower cut flyknit shoes Nike is making but they kinda look like a 90s Nike or early 2000s
Like those sneakers in east bay that had like 20 team cws
Also remind me of the Pippen 2 where you have basically a "blank" upper and a whole lot going on with the sole.

They could have done more with the eyelets.

This cw is very bland but with the amount of empty space it's basically a blank canvas.
definitely agree with you on the pippen 2 comparison ....in my opinion ....I kinda hope NIKE goes back to how 90's thru early 2000's sneakers looked....I understand the advancement of things and different specs...but some basketball shoes are looking more lifestyle shoes than basketball shoes....me personally I didn't know buy basketball shoes back then for lifestyle/casual wear they was to hoop in....

Not bad. Has a Griffey/Pippen type vibe first thing came to my mind lol. I didn’t expect to be mind blowing as they’ll be priced low $100s

definitely agree with you on the pippen 2 comparison ....in my opinion ....I kinda hope NIKE goes back to how 90's thru early 2000's sneakers looked....I understand the advancement of things and different specs...but some basketball shoes are looking more lifestyle shoes than basketball shoes....me personally I didn't know buy basketball shoes back then for lifestyle/casual wear they was to hoop in....

These are def not lifestyle type lol
His shoes or not these look strictly for hoopin.

And I can't remember seeing a tounge like that on a new bball shoe in a min.

If the upper was tumbled leather or something these could easily be from 1999.
Wonder what the cushioning is.
If these are indeed his of course

Not expecting too much.
Although he is exciting to watch I don't think he's gonna be that marketable which in turn is gonna lead to Nike not putting forward their best designs. Very unfortunate IMO.

These look like an $80 discount team shoe that sits on the shelves of DSG for months.

Who the **** are they hiring over there at Nike Basketball?

Bruh you're looking at it wrong. Nike probably wants to position these below the PG and Kyrie line. Making them cheaper by using cheaper materials. Probably want to target younger kids. If they sell well, on the next model they can raise the price and quality. And give lets say Ben Simmons a sig making it the cheapest model and so on so on

Back
Top Bottom