Nike air Huarache/ Technical info

Hi NT;
Found this great OG booklet here amongst my stuff;
and i began reading it...
basically; in this booklet Nike is explaining the technology behind the Nike Huarache...i guess this was published when the first nike huas were released (tobad i dont have the shoes...)
just love this frase:

"Since the time of the ancient civilizations; people around the world have worn huarache...."

anyway; i enjoyed it; hope you guys too....

ad125e3ed2cbb77540e372904aa15280cfce9ae.pjpg
33115ae2ca744934e2a66063974e414fae3fb9c.pjpg
ddc35acae625cd4c78394ac732622e7839510ca.pjpg
529155e3c875403c23b83a57f241379b5efb5fc.pjpg
8fd35b5de4b4c54d7e1f440431beba6431faacc.pjpg
19a25e0e0ccb17ba4b038e863fbdb9c941fbb63.pjpg

Karl - Cool info! I don't know why, but I really liked this illustration
73alnrk.jpg

I think b/c it reminds me of this Christopher Neals poster.
6xlkbr7.jpg

Wow... Thats some good*#@$. Never thought there was an air-sole unit in them.Someone needs to post something similar for the Lites though.

yes, that booklet is very dope! good to see people adding some quality vintage material on NT. good work kapepper!

alljayeveryjay, if you see "Air" written on thebox tag, you must know that there's an air unit in the midsole.

The Air Huarache was ahead of it's time back in the early 90s. once again, Tinker Hatfieldmanaged another milestone in sneaker history.

From Genealogy Of Speed
In 1991, designer Tinker Hatfield went water skiing. The neoprene booty he wore gave him a secure feeling, so he decided to create a shoe out of neoprene with a sandal-like minimalistic exoskeleton for support. Tinker Hatfield was just the sort of genius designer who could see a running shoe in a sandal and use it to strip back running to its basic essentials, then apply those ideas across all Nike shoe categories.

He started with a regular running shoe and sliced off as much as possible. He peeled off parts of the midsole, rubber from the outsole, and started cutting holes in the upper. Tinker, who trained as an architect, knew what he was doing; he was going for the less-is-more concept with shoes. Air Huarache was the first shoe to have an exoskeleton as support with the fabric over it simply ensuring feet wouldn't get dirty or cold or wet. He covered the foot in stretchy neoprene that worked like a sock to conform to the foot.

Tinker's sandal gave birth to a whole school of barely-there shoes for the great outdoors, while in running the Air Huarache led to such revolutionary shoes as the Air Rift and Presto. The original Huarache founded a whole Huarache family, shaping everything from cross trainers to basketball shoes. The Air Zoom Huarache 2K4 is still influenced by Tinker's original shoe.

Air Harrachi

hehe.. i love this original sketch from '89. wicked!
skizzeeb1.jpg

got my booklet with these '92s.
cimg7468yu2.jpg

The Fam
cimg8098zk1.jpg

Nice Huasssss, Oli
Big size and in perfect condition...you dont see that too often
one of the things i really want in my vintage collection....

Oli - great addition. I wonder why Tinker spelled huarache "harrachi"there, style? Anyway, really cool sketch, and dope kicks!

Back
Top Bottom