Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
footaction pair too? Makes me feel a little better than. Did you personally purchase those from foot action or did you cop from someone and they provided receipt?
Traded my dsm's, but the dude basically picked them up and traded me there. I've delt with him before as well

http://fusion.net/story/143690/how-nike-could-kill-the-nikebots-and-why-it-doesnt/

So according to this article "Air Jordan I High OG Varsity Red online, as originally planned, they’ll just distribute the shoes the old-fashioned way, in stores, out of the reach of the bots."

I hope this is just a guess and not actual fact.
No new information here. Of course Nike is gaming the system. And doing a great job. How else would you expect them to recycle previously released versions of shoes way above inflation considering they spend zero dollars on marketing. You've never seen a retro Jordan magazine ad or commercial. They rely exclusively on the hype they create by making sure not everyone gets their product. If they make enough for everyone, shoes lose their "exclusivity" and consumers lose interest. Nike's only interest is revenue and they know how to keep those streams flowing steady. 10 years ago the retro sneaker community wasn't very strong outside of greater NYC and some scattered big market cities across the rest of the country. I live in a pretty big city (San Diego). It truly caught on here about 4 or 5 years ago. Now it's global. All thanks to creating an artificially constrained supply. For those of us still in this thread it means good luck getting your hands on a trusted pair of chi 1s.

Only have two pairs with me and two back in my home state that my sis picked up. If I would have told my little sister to go with my sister also she would have gotten a pair too, but my cousin said that he was going to take her with him and he overslept :smh: (he barely got a pair in his size cause my sister traded my size so he could get his and I'm stuck with a 10 :lol:) so he never picked her up. That's a pair right there. I got one more pair coming from Chavez today so I'll post pics then
View media item 1568027
You wear all your shoes unlaced?

No new information here. Of course Nike is gaming the system. And doing a great job. How else would you expect them to recycle previously released versions of shoes way above inflation considering they spend zero dollars on marketing. You've never seen a retro Jordan magazine ad or commercial. They rely exclusively on the hype they create by making sure not everyone gets their product. If they make enough for everyone, shoes lose their "exclusivity" and consumers lose interest. Nike's only interest is revenue and they know how to keep those streams flowing steady. 10 years ago the retro sneaker community wasn't very strong outside of greater NYC and some scattered big market cities across the rest of the country. I live in a pretty big city (San Diego). It truly caught on here about 4 or 5 years ago. Now it's global. All thanks to creating an artificially constrained supply. For those of us still in this thread it means good luck getting your hands on a trusted pair of chi 1s.
Repped. It's crazy how our market has changed. i remember when china-man was the only mom and pop downtown and street machine was pumpin the sb's. now we got 25+ stores 30+ stores between 10 malls

Last edited:
Does anyone else think these run kinda small? The 12 I got feels pretty good, and I am normally 11.5

So TTS or a half sz small? :nerd:

Does anyone else think these run kinda small? The 12 I got feels pretty good, and I am normally 11.5

So TTS or a half sz small? :nerd:

You're not alone. I felt the exact same way and I went up a half sz from all my other 1's.

they seem TTS to me & im a true sz 12

Welp, paid an eBay seller $370 for my pair last night, woke up to a refund, even after he sent me a tracking number. He said he is "selling himself short" for not getting $450+ on them. Seller has over 400+ feedback too. Unreal...

Welp, paid an eBay seller $370 for my pair last night, woke up to a refund, even after he sent me a tracking number. He said he is "selling himself short" for not getting $450+ on them. Seller has over 400+ feedback too. Unreal...

this was a dbl for you?

People hoping to score these under $400 in major cities...I wish you all the best....the 1s are the lowest in regards of the msrp tag in the Jordan line, they can sit on these all day....folks know the history of the og1 values...they will always rise.. Like I have been saying before.. Buy now at a fair price before you will regret it..

Been saying this since like page 6 lol

Preach Brotha

Last edited:

So grimey. People have no integrity these days. He should have put a reserve on it (which I know some people hate) if he wanted to sell it for more.

A quick report: For those that PMed me about the sz. 8 at my local spot selling for $350, they were, in fact, sold yesterday evening. They only have a couple of GS sizes for $250 each.

So grimey. People have no integrity these days. He should have put a reserve on it (which I know some people hate) if he wanted to sell it for more.

A quick report: For those that PMed me about the sz. 8 at my local spot selling for $350, they were, in fact, sold yesterday evening. They only have a couple of GS sizes for $250 each.
Wasn't an ebay transaction, we did it thru paypal. So no negative feedback consequences for him...

That's some corny ish, can't believe a repped seller would be hurt over an extra $60+ 
mean.gif
. You'll find a pair for a decent price eventually

Wasn't an ebay transaction, we did it thru paypal. So no negative feedback consequences for him...

I see. Still grimey ...

Good luck with the hunt! I'm still on it, but in at $280-$300. Call me crazy, but I will pass on local deals for anything more and happy to OOP to fellow NTers.

lol sell himself short? that's insane.  it's like he's playing a sport.  i didn't leave it all out on the floor

Back
Top Bottom