NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I still stand by my belief that these currently sit as a hybrid between the 2012 and 1999 releases. Like it's right in the middle. Halfway from looking exactly like the 2012, but also halfway from looking like the 1999. To me it just seems like JB is 🤡ing around (as usual) so they can inevitably do a "New Beginnings" Air Jordan 4 run with a price hike and they'll either end up looking like the 1999 4s or they'll be nearly identical to the OG 1989 release like how the new beginning 1s are pretty dang close to being a 1:1 retro of the OGs.
Air-Jordan-1-High-New-Beginnings-.jpg
Air-Jordan-1-OG-Chicago-1985-Product.jpg
Hopefully one day we can get closer to an og 4 than those new beginnings are to an og 1. The toe is still pretty bad.

It does seem like they’re moving towards truly bifurcating the 3 and 4 like they have the 1. I think we’ll see more than just a tab change between retro+ and og releases and also a bigger difference in price.

What am I looking at?

Man I think M marztharealist is right about these they have the 2012-2018 upper shape. They look bad in these photos the ankle collar is worse than the 2019s and the toe box looks the same as 2019s lol. I'm gonna get a pair if possible but if I miss it's not a pair I would go outta my way to find. Rather wait for the carmines tbh and military's if they release.

Hopefully it's the size of that pair on those pics because the toe looks pretty bad. IMO the toe shape is the most important thing to me, I just hope they can get that part to look good.

So are the shape complaints something that's exclusive to the guys who had the OGs? Seems everytime an OG is released that specific group is very vocal about what they don't like and I promise you I try to sympathize with the guys but most times I see nothing wrong with the shoes they complain about. I didn't start collecting until 2017 so maybe that's why they all look fine to me.

Color looks infrareddy to me, but whatever. PSGs still look better but it doesn't matter cause I'm not getting any of these shoes the way snkrs & nike are now.

They really could have/need to do better on the toe box; it's simply not any better than recent 4s. I'm still going for a pair of course as it's still a dope shoe that I need in my collection.
I'm pleased with the toe box on these photos tbh. There's that bulbous area that makes the shoe look a little sharper, in my opinion. Maybe not 1989 grade shape, but not bad i think......

So are the shape complaints something that's exclusive to the guys who had the OGs? Seems everytime an OG is released that specific group is very vocal about what they don't like and I promise you I try to sympathize with the guys but most times I see nothing wrong with the shoes they complain about. I didn't start collecting until 2017 so maybe that's why they all look fine to me.
Well, I give a point to the people who've worn the OG's back in the days, those things were all straight outta heaven.

I dont own the OG but I Have worked on them doing restore jobs etc. But to be honest they feel better on foot with the 89 shape they used to be a higher cut shoe like a true 3/4 cut and when you tied them in they would lock your heel in to the foot bed and protect ankles the tab wouldn't cut into your keellys tendon. But from a aesthetic aspect the sneaker just looks better the shape of the OG was super sleek it looks like a bigger heel going down to a slope toe. Almost how you would look at a 1969 Chevy Nova that has Big drag tires in the back and smaller front wheels it's just a sexy shape overall and performance was better the only problem with the OGs is the heel padding was way less and it would get holes in heel cup.

Yup, in '89 my WC4s got a massive hole at the heel area; same with the 5s. There's no way I would remember the shape differences after all these years; just looking at the pics it's obvious. I do remember the OG tongue shape being a disaster. I would be shocked if anyone on here really wanted that jagged shape on retros. That wasn't a design characteristics, but rather their lack of skills during construction. The white midsole would yellow, which drove me absolutely crazy, however, I prefer yellowing over cracking. With recent versions (except for my white lasers that cracked), that issue is mostly gone. The PU used back then was way more comfortable though; I recall that for sure.

Yup, in '89 my WC4s got a massive hole at the heel area; same with the 5s. There's no way I would remember the shape differences after all these years; just looking at the pics it's obvious. I do remember the OG tongue shape being a disaster. I would be shocked if anyone on here really wanted that jagged shape on retros. That wasn't a design characteristics, but rather their lack of skills during construction. The white midsole would yellow, which drove me absolutely crazy, however, I prefer yellowing over cracking. With recent versions (except for my white lasers that cracked), that issue is mostly gone. The PU used back then was way more comfortable though; I recall that for sure.
Very true I would take the 99 or 19 tongue too I like a really high tongue though

Back
Top Bottom