NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Jordan Brand can fix the shape whenever they want, it's been proven.
I can no longer find the post, but I saw a post on IG with a recent Eminem 4 Sample. But the shape was exactly like the 2004 mold instead of 2012 and later...my mind was blown.

I wish I could find it...I'll never forget seeing it. Just shows Nike has been lying to us the entire time.

That being said, idc enough to pass. I enjoy my retros. Yes I'm 27, was a kid when OGs were out so I didn't experience them the same way. Yes I wish they looked more liked the OGs and early retros, but not enough to the point where I won't cop. And if it did bother be that much, I would just pass to be honest.

Edit: this is what I was talking about:

IMG_93BFA280FA23-2.jpeg

I want to highlight this post because this argument comes up all the time. They can, it's just that they won't. Whether it's about cutting cost, milking OGs as long as they can, or just not caring enough to make changes, they can clearly make it happen.

I hope those pics are of fakes, JB has no excuse to revert to such an awful shape after releasing the Black Cats earlier this year.
Yeah, Im not gonna defend them at all, they look like garbage in those pictures.

Do you think over time Jordan Brand/Nike has lost its engineering/design documents or certain suppliers and that’s one of the reasons they can’t duplicate things? Has anyone on this board emailed/written a letter personally to Gentry or anyone else discussing there concerns or wants? I always wondered what Tinker and Mark think of Gentry.

Do you think over time Jordan Brand/Nike has lost its engineering/design documents or certain suppliers and that’s one of the reasons they can’t duplicate things? Has anyone on this board emailed/written a letter personally to Gentry or anyone else discussing there concerns or wants? I always wondered what Tinker and Mark think of Gentry.

There's plenty of OGs still around. Even if they did lose the molds (doubt it) they could easily take apart someone's OGs, trace/3D scan the cuts and voila. I always found that discussion strange, we're not talking about some one of a kind 300 year old piece of clothing.

You guys really think these look like the same mold? Look at the toe. The top pair looks 1000X better.

Did you see the undefeated pair I posted? That's 2 different shoes from different owners they can do the OG specs bro theh lie. Or it must be way easier to mass produce B.S then it is to so a new shape!

There's plenty of OGs still around. Even if they did lose the molds (doubt it) they could easily take apart someone's OGs, trace/3D scan the cuts and voila. I always found that discussion strange, we're not talking about some one of a kind 300 year old piece of clothing.

They wouldn't even need OG's. 99's are hella close to the original molds. Closer than any other retro has been.

Did you see the undefeated pair I posted? That's 2 different shoes from different owners they can do the OG specs bro theh lie. Or it must be way easier to mass produce B.S then it is to so a new shape!
It's not the same mold, the top pair is the pair we're talking about. The bottom pair was just posted to show the differences in shape.
Sorry guys I’m extremely confused by what you are trying to show with these pictures. The og Eminem and undefeated both had trash shape. I can see that one of each pair looks a little better (I assume they’re the new samples?) just like all 4s produced after 2016 look better than anything from 2004-2015.

I don’t see anything og 1989 in any of those 4 pictures but I agree with your point that they can easily do it if they want to.

Also guys have you thought that majority of buyers just don't care about having the og shape not would they notice. I mean who are we to say that everyone would prefer the og mold? I'm sure the people who had the ogs and ate still buying Jordans today make up a very niche portion of the buyer's today.

Back
Top Bottom