NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Magic Johnson no look pass...

You pass on everything so that’s not saying much. Like at this point do you have ANY Jordans? You “protest pass” like every release every year Lol. Gonna be hilarious when they finally come back with OG shape but with Jumpman AIR when you guys are like 60 years old. You’ll never have a pair lol. Even the ones y’all say Nike “fixed” like the concord 11 and 3s (which did come close in some respects) lack some key original details and are still not exact remakes of the OGs! So IMO it’s a never ending gripe and frivolous at best if your gonna waste your time talking and typing about the shoe. I personally don’t hang out in threads of shoes that I’m going to undoubtedly pass on like every single time in your case lol.

Last edited:
KF2CZjJ.gif

Fellows I’m out on this one. Not into buying just to be buying anymore and I have my 99’s resoled. Now with that being said if they were the military blues i’d be in for the colorway. Just got too many white/black/red Jordans to buy these when they’re the same ol shape.

Sorry guys I’m extremely confused by what you are trying to show with these pictures. The og Eminem and undefeated both had trash shape. I can see that one of each pair looks a little better (I assume they’re the new samples?) just like all 4s produced after 2016 look better than anything from 2004-2015.

I don’t see anything og 1989 in any of those 4 pictures but I agree with your point that they can easily do it if they want to.

Never said they look like 89s. I said they resemble more of the early-mid 00s shape, which makes perfect sense considering thats when the Eminems originally dropped. While that's not the desired shape, it shows Nike can replicate an earlier shape/mold at any time if they chose too. That was my point.

No way resell would be $350, they're making a ton of these. Probably as much as fire red 5's, if not more.
I bet they will bro people dont rock with the 4s like they do the 5s plus Travis scott loves 4s an he wears a pair they're gonna blow. Check out the black cats damn near 400 a pair.

Sorry guys I’m extremely confused by what you are trying to show with these pictures. The og Eminem and undefeated both had trash shape. I can see that one of each pair looks a little better (I assume they’re the new samples?) just like all 4s produced after 2016 look better than anything from 2004-2015.

I don’t see anything og 1989 in any of those 4 pictures but I agree with your point that they can easily do it if they want to.
You dont see the shape of the fire reds and the undefeated I posted closer to the OG than the fire reds 2020? Idk man if i look at those undefeated and fire reds i see them very similar.

You pass on everything so that’s not saying much. Like at this point do you have ANY Jordans? You “protest pass” like every release every year Lol. Gonna be hilarious when they finally come back with OG shape but with Jumpman AIR when you guys are like 60 years old. You’ll never have a pair lol. Even the ones y’all say Nike “fixed” like the concord 11 and 3s (which did come close in some respects) lack some key original details and are still not exact remakes of the OGs! So IMO it’s a never ending gripe and frivolous at best if your gonna waste your time talking and typing about the shoe. I personally don’t hang out in threads of shoes that I’m going to undoubtedly pass on like every single time in your case lol.
I cant lie Super Q will hate me but this **** so ****ing funny. Hey bro same can be said with me on the 4s i always trip about em but end up buying them. But the 3s and 11 **** even the firered 5s were super clean.

You dont see the shape of the fire reds and the undefeated I posted closer to the OG than the fire reds 2020? Idk man if i look at those undefeated and fire reds i see them very similar.
I agree they’re like 10% better but they’re still not even close. Everything marz keeps pointing out still applies.

I just think no 4 after 99/2000 has been good. These samples aren’t good either. Acceptable, but not good.

I agree they’re like 10% better but they’re still not even close. Everything marz keeps pointing out still applies.

I just think no 4 after 99/2000 has been good. These samples aren’t good either. Acceptable, but not good.

I definitely get where your coming from on that they're not super on point, but they're just like the 99s at least.. Damn man I follow the guy on Instagram who owns the undefeated pair and the side view and back is way better. I have been looking for bis profile all day but cant find it. When I do tho I'll tag you in it so you can see them and lmk what you think. (seriously not being a smart ***)

I guess your right bro my bad I swear I remember them with a way better shape and look to them
IMG_20201015_185216.jpg

Mans is pressed about what Im doing, lol...

Dont worry about whats In my closet, I have plenty. And you are right, I pass on a lot. Im not accepting half assed retros cause bammas like you(you like that rainking rainking ?) accept any old thing just to say I have a pair. Ive owned enough in my lifetime. I'll be picking up Infrared AM90s cause guess what??? Nike fixed them. I picked up the Nike CHI's because they fixed the shape and toe EP to my liking. I picked up SJs and Playoff XIs cause they fixed them. See the pattern there? Oh, and what you personally eat dont make me **** so, take that BS on somewhere else.

Also guys have you thought that majority of buyers just don't care about having the og shape not would they notice. I mean who are we to say that everyone would prefer the og mold? I'm sure the people who had the ogs and ate still buying Jordans today make up a very niche portion of the buyer's today.

This has been discussed in various threads. The majority of kids buying shoes today don't care if it's close to OG specs or not. Most don't even know there's a difference.

However, if JB released shoes exactly or extremely close to the OG's, they would still sell exactly the same (except SuperQ SuperQ and others who feel like him would also cop). So perhaps a few more sales. :lol: The difference is that OG heads/purists/sneaker nerds (whatever you want to call em'), will also get pleased too.

It's a win win for JB but they don't really care.

I pass on a lot. Im not accepting half assed retros cause bammas like you(you like that rainking rainking rainking rainking ?) accept any old thing just to say I have a pair
Do you really think thats the reason we would like these? Just to say we have em? How about it just simply being the first NA retro of this color? Ever. Believe it or not, its more than just saying we have them. Sooo many years ago, everyone *****ed about lack of NA branding. They were not talking about slant toes and shapes. They wanted the proper in your face branding. We finally got that.
Now that we got that, now lets ***** about every stitch and angle possible. By now we should understand what JB is all about. MONEY. But at the same time, if they give us 90 percent of a true OG, why wouldnt we be happy about it? They dont have to do it at all.
As much as we want to think JB is so stupid in their ways, it actually the opposite. When we were all kids, we beat the hell out of our shoes. As adults, not so much. So the shoes stick around longer. The brand has to find ways to make people over all come back for more. Even if they already have THAT shoe. Its worked. Look at how many retros we have had of the WC 4, BC 4, now this Fire Red with NA for the first time since 1989. Its by design.
For every "no look pass" is someone else saying "copped". I had the white fire red 2012s in hand to buy on release day in store. I passed. Why? Because it had no Nike Air. In 2006, I had them in hand. I passed. Why? It had a Mars Blackman symbol on it. It was a gimmick shoe. Not a fan of gimmick shoes.
This 2020, I am not gonna pass on. You can say I have accepted subpar quality just to say I have the shoe. I say, I have rejected the last two retro attempts because of their gimmicks. Not everyone buys into hype. This release to me is worthy of purchase.

I’m in on this one, OG shape or not! I’m still pissed about the debacle years ago picking up a pair of these on my birthday. I looked at the shoes while picking up at Hibbetts and there was the biggest dent in the toe box. I said nah, passed, they didn’t have another size 13 and didn’t even care to roll to another store to look! These will be had....give me 2 pairs, I need 2 pairs!!!

Original retro threads become tiring. There will always be complaints no matter what Nike does. Even if Nike decided to make an exact replica of the original, people will still find something to complain about.
Majority of the people probably never owned an original but want to complain because it’s the cool thing to do.

Jordan Brand can fix the shape whenever they want, it's been proven.
I can no longer find the post, but I saw a post on IG with a recent Eminem 4 Sample. But the shape was exactly like the 2004 mold instead of 2012 and later...my mind was blown.

I wish I could find it...I'll never forget seeing it. Just shows Nike has been lying to us the entire time.

That being said, idc enough to pass. I enjoy my retros. Yes I'm 27, was a kid when OGs were out so I didn't experience them the same way. Yes I wish they looked more liked the OGs and early retros, but not enough to the point where I won't cop. And if it did bother be that much, I would just pass to be honest.

Edit: this is what I was talking about:

IMG_93BFA280FA23-2.jpeg

This also makes me realize that a key feature in the shape is the tongue not having a breaking point where it suddenly sticks up. It's supposed to sort of go straight back. Something that could have been by design for performance.

Whereas that tongue sticking up could be for lifestyle purposes like sticking the jeans behind the tongue.. no one asked for that.

Mans is pressed about what Im doing, lol...

Dont worry about whats In my closet, I have plenty. And you are right, I pass on a lot. Im not accepting half assed retros cause bammas like you(you like that rainking rainking ?) accept any old thing just to say I have a pair. Ive owned enough in my lifetime. I'll be picking up Infrared AM90s cause guess what??? Nike fixed them. I picked up the Nike CHI's because they fixed the shape and toe EP to my liking. I picked up SJs and Playoff XIs cause they fixed them. See the pattern there? Oh, and what you personally eat dont make me **** so, take that BS on somewhere else.
Too many bammas in here, for sure :rofl:
You know what the real B of all of this is? Every time, it somehow gets us low-key arguing with each other. Someone tell me how that makes any damn sense?

dhtowng dhtowng , of course you make a valid point. You say the same thing every time we us complain and make OG comparisons in OG retro threads. On the flipside, it all goes both ways. I can see how some people find the complaints annoying, but someone else could look at it and say it's annoying to see all the posts that just say "fire" and "copped" and some variation thereof over and over again, when actually the retro in question often really isn't objectively that great.

Look, guys. If these threads were filled with nothing but people saying how great every shoe was, it would be boring. If it was nothing but complaints, it would be boring. If you like the shoes, you should be able to say so. If you have issues with them, same thing. I don't know why we always end up ***** ing at each other LOL.

But we will not stop complaining, if only because one day it might make a difference. It HAS happened before. The stupid thing is, most of us "OGs" would be happy if they were 95-percent close. Like, the concord and black/red 11 retros aren't exact copies of the OGs, yet everyone is pretty much thrilled with those. They're close enough. Most of us aren't so pedantic as to really care about absolute clones of the originals, but these 80-percent-there versions are the ones some of us take issue with. It's hardly an outrageous reaction, honestly.

Last edited:
This has been discussed in various threads. The majority of kids buying shoes today don't care if it's close to OG specs or not. Most don't even know there's a difference.

However, if JB released shoes exactly or extremely close to the OG's, they would still sell exactly the same (except SuperQ SuperQ and others who feel like him would also cop). So perhaps a few more sales. :lol: The difference is that OG heads/purists/sneaker nerds (whatever you want to call em'), will also get pleased too.

It's a win win for JB but they don't really care.
Well said brother but I will add that they sell out regardless so would there actually be any extra sales been being made?

Do you really think thats the reason we would like these? Just to say we have em? How about it just simply being the first NA retro of this color? Ever. Believe it or not, its more than just saying we have them. Sooo many years ago, everyone *****ed about lack of NA branding. They were not talking about slant toes and shapes. They wanted the proper in your face branding. We finally got that.
Now that we got that, now lets ***** about every stitch and angle possible. By now we should understand what JB is all about. MONEY. But at the same time, if they give us 90 percent of a true OG, why wouldnt we be happy about it? They dont have to do it at all.
As much as we want to think JB is so stupid in their ways, it actually the opposite. When we were all kids, we beat the hell out of our shoes. As adults, not so much. So the shoes stick around longer. The brand has to find ways to make people over all come back for more. Even if they already have THAT shoe. Its worked. Look at how many retros we have had of the WC 4, BC 4, now this Fire Red with NA for the first time since 1989. Its by design.
For every "no look pass" is someone else saying "copped". I had the white fire red 2012s in hand to buy on release day in store. I passed. Why? Because it had no Nike Air. In 2006, I had them in hand. I passed. Why? It had a Mars Blackman symbol on it. It was a gimmick shoe. Not a fan of gimmick shoes.
This 2020, I am not gonna pass on. You can say I have accepted subpar quality just to say I have the shoe. I say, I have rejected the last two retro attempts because of their gimmicks. Not everyone buys into hype. This release to me is worthy of purchase.
My thoughts. My parents weren’t buying my 8 year old *** these in ‘89 when I showed them a catalog...they talked me into getting a ****ton more GI Joes to my massive collection and cool vehicles. I never bought a pair unless they had the Nike Air like the White and Black Cements in ‘99. ****, I passed sooo many shoes because the originals didn’t have a jumpman on the heel. Finally Nike Air comes back to the heel and other than a pair of non OG Black/Stealth 10s in 2020 (I liked the clean color on those.) I buy my first pair of Jordans since 2006 with semi regularity. I respect those fans dedicated enough to pass because these aren’t up to snuff. But my parents weren’t buying Jordans for me except for Christmas ‘92 and ‘94 and I wasn’t old enough to get a job until The Black/Red OG 12s came out. I missed a LOTTA **** I wanted as a kid...so getting these is a blessing. All we know, next time this retros, if it has the right shape, or close enough...they might put Jumpman Air on the back...or instead put that stupid Mars icon on the side of the ankle. So the way I see it, I can *****, but I have to take what I can get If I want the original branding...which is why I pass SO MANY OG color ways from 2002-2015.

Back
Top Bottom