NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

E84B2BBD-EE18-4384-87F3-91B1E954487D.jpeg
Here is a comparison pic to the OG. The red isn’t that far off.

What's going on with the flight tongue label on the left shoe; it's a disaster....
Not only that but the left shoe is actually a lot taller than the right. Noticeably so. Bothers the **** out of me. Look at how mismatched they are. It’s most obvious when you look at the amount of leather underneath each heel tab. The right shoe’s heel was set deeper into the midsole. The left shoe is about a quarter inch taller than the right.

I love Marz’ passion for the 4 but this specific pair is in no way perfection and I wouldn’t be true to my nitpicking self if I didn’t say something. I realize by how either nobody caught this or didn’t feel it was worth mentioning that my attention to detail and standards are much higher than I thought. I’m sure there are other OG pairs but this ain’t it. This would be a pair that if I were in the store I would immediately send it back to fetch me another. These might actually cause pain to walk in after a while.
5F0868D3-ACE1-455E-99D3-6D1D627D477A.jpeg

This perception that Originals were made to a perfect standard of quality is false. They had just as many flaws as todays shoes. I saw the diff the day Marz posted. But thats not any different than mismatched pl height on 95s and 96s. Nothing new here. Shoes are not gonna be perfect. They are made and quality controlled by people. People make mistakes, skip steps, rush, etc.

Not only that but the left shoe is actually a lot taller than the right. Noticeably so. Bothers the **** out of me. Look at how mismatched they are. It’s most obvious when you look at the amount of leather underneath each heel tab. The right shoe’s heel was set deeper into the midsole. The left shoe is about a quarter inch taller than the right.

I love Marz’ passion for the 4 but this specific pair is in no way perfection and I wouldn’t be true to my nitpicking self if I didn’t say something. I realize by how either nobody caught this or didn’t feel it was worth mentioning that my attention to detail and standards are much higher than I thought. I’m sure there are other OG pairs but this ain’t it. This would be a pair that if I were in the store I would immediately send it back to fetch me another. These might actually cause pain to walk in after a while.

Pretty sure this is a sole swapped pair. That’s the restorers fault.

The AIR does look, in this pic, at least closer to centered than on last year's BC IVs. It's still too far to the right but doesn't appear to be as noticeable. The one thing I keep wondering is, why does the red on the forefoot and wing lace locks look almost metallic? Hoping that's just a lighting or filter issue, but so far it looks off a bit in that regard. I'm not talking about the shade of red, but the finish/sheen it appears to have on those plastic pieces.

This perception that Originals were made to a perfect standard of quality is false. They had just as many flaws as todays shoes. I saw the diff the day Marz posted. But thats not any different than mismatched pl height on 95s and 96s. Nothing new here. Shoes are not gonna be perfect. They are made and quality controlled by people. People make mistakes, skip steps, rush, etc.
Pretty sure this is a sole swapped pair. That’s the restorers fault.
This is all true. But that's not M marztharealist 's point. Of course the OGs had their fair share of problems. For those of us who were there, we experienced this and know this. But his point is, the retros are still a fair sight off from the OG's overall shape and proportions. In terms of illustrating that point, it doesn't really matter that this particular pair he posted isn't perfect, whether it came from the factory that way or a restorer messed it up. It perhaps DOES illustrate the fact sneakers have always had these annoying inconsistencies, but that's a different matter from pointing out the height and shape differences from then to now. There's no arguing that point, it's clear as ... air LOL
So, my point is, calling out issues with OG pairs posted in pics doesn't change anything when it comes to the fact the retros are still way off overall. Not stopping me from buying and enjoying them, but nitpicking issues with OG pairs posted here is irrelevant to why they were posted in the first place.

Last edited:
This should give an idea of the shade of red and if the plastic has a metallic sheen. These are Mars 6s from 2006. These photos were taken by StockX last month. I think it's the lighting. The red on my Mars was exactly as it looked when they were released, no fading or anything like that.

This red looks like the same red in the pics of the 2020 pair, so I think we're good. It's certain lighting that makes it looks different in photos. (I hope)

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom