Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Sneaker folk nowadays trip over the smallest thing. I mean its your money, and this is the forum to do it. But between this, patent cut talk, "tongue lottery", and weave talk in the Flyknit section... I've come to the realizations y'allforget these are just shoes. Those thing you wear to touch the filthy floor :lol:

Some of you just don't get it.  Yes, it's just an "E".  We're paying $30 extra for that NA; 14% of the cost of the shoe is for the NA branding, so it's obviously worth something to Nike and to us.  It's a stupid, careless mistake that probably 2 or 3 people missed during QA.  It's a simple thing that anyone with any attention to detail should have caught.  

I doubt anyone here will not purchase these b/c of it, but it's a dumb detail to miss, especially given the attention to all of the other detail that they obviously put in to construct this shoe.  Lame.

Sneaker folk nowadays trip over the smallest thing. I mean its your money, and this is the forum to do it. But between this, patent cut talk, "tongue lottery", and weave talk in the Flyknit section... I've come to the realizations y'allforget these are just shoes. Those thing you wear to touch the filthy floor :lol:

This younger generation. Itch just to itch. :smh: Would they still itch when buying shoes before the internet? Walking in and buying Jordan's the old school way?

Some of you just don't get it.  Yes, it's just an "E".  We're paying $30 extra for that NA; 14% of the cost of the shoe is for the NA branding, so it's obviously worth something to Nike and to us.  It's a stupid, careless mistake that probably 2 or 3 people missed during QA.  It's a simple thing that anyone with any attention to detail should have caught.  

I doubt anyone here will not purchase these b/c of it, but it's a dumb detail to miss, especially given the attention to all of the other detail that they obviously put in to construct this shoe.  Lame.
FACTS

Sneaker folk nowadays trip over the smallest thing. I mean its your money, and this is the forum to do it. But between this, patent cut talk, "tongue lottery", and weave talk in the Flyknit section... I've come to the realizations y'allforget these are just shoes. Those thing you wear to touch the filthy floor
laugh.gif
You forgot speckle density
laugh.gif

We talking about an "E?"  I mean, we are all here looking forward to a Nike Air Metallic 5, but we talking about an "E?"  Come on, we talking about an "E?"  Talking about an "E?" 

-AI3 "Practice" rant
It would have been better if you said we're talking about the E, not the shoe. We're talking about the E.

some of those 4's were jacked up, heel tabs all crooked, a pair i saw in store had brown spots on the tabs
not to mention the blue pencil marks - whether they came off or not

cats had more than reasonable beefs with specific pairs on that release
No I was just stating the irrelevant things people complain about.

No I was just stating the irrelevant things people complain about.

people complain about 'irrelevant things' but they also complain about legitimate things as well
my point is it should not all be conflated into sour grapes for no good reason

Last edited:
People can voice whatever complaint they want. Some of y'all just get offended when someone says something critical about the shoe

people complain about 'irrelevant things' but they also complain about legitimate things as well
my point is it should not all be conflated into sour grapes for no good reason
But what AirThompson was saying were the irrelevant things: E's, patent cut, tongue lottery, and so on. Not things like that.

a jacked up 'nike air' should not be happening when much of the gimmick for this release is the 'nike air'

not irrelevant
I've posted a photo of a pair that is not messed up and you can see in the Foot Locker photos that the Nike Air isn't messed up also. 

I've posted a photo of a pair that is not messed up and you can see in the Foot Locker photos that the Nike Air isn't messed up also. 
obviously, most pairs won't look like that. This is just like those who thought their Bordeaux weren't going to choke with the toe box bump

obviously, most pairs won't look like that. This is just like those who thought their Bordeaux weren't going to choke with the toe box bump
Then why complain about it until we see some other pairs in hand, I only know two people that posted pairs in hand. Wait until we have some more in hand and we will see if it is a common problem.

Last edited:
I mean serious question. If the E really is a problem for any individual why should they take the chance? I mean it's right there. That can be $220 saved.

It's $20 more than I paid for the cement 4's

Not running around and waiting on line is the reason I did it

Btw there is no shipping when ordering off instyleshoes
you realize they won't resell for that tho right? you hypebeasted a bit bro. you'll see pairs selling for 260 after release

Back
Top Bottom