Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I think pictures make the soles look more blue..I swear in person mine doesn't seem so smurfish

Just took a peak at FNL, still a FSR there AND free shipping now!

Finish Line is showing they still have pairs because they pull website orders from their store inventory. When their stores dry up then you'll see sizes disappearing online.

My FNL shipping info still hasn't updated yet smh, it just says "just shipped " , anyone else ever had this problem?

Haven't received my two pairs yet. But I have my hopes set high considering how few posts there are about defects. Maybe Nike is finally stepping up their quality control.
My pair is just about as flawless as can be, I'm very impressed.

Just got a notice that my shipping will be delayed from Snkrs. New date on or before 8/3

Last edited:
Just walked into a local sneaker shop here in my neighborhood in Boston and they still have a bunch of sizes left. I will say that I've been on the fence about these but after seeing them in person all I gotta say is "WOW." I really think the quality is top-notch (at least for Jordan brand standards) and the pair that I saw on display looked beautiful. Very well might pull the trigger. I know the hype has shifted to Adidas Ultra Boost and NMD's but I think this is a great time to be a fan of Jordan brand and I am really thankful Nike has decided to oversaturate the market with all these releases making these sneakers more readily available. People will regret sleeping on these in a few years. Trends are cyclical and people are constantly looking for the new thing which is fine with me. 

Might as well cop and enjoy while it's easy!

smokin.gif

There were nearly 500,000 pairs of Playoff XI's made the last time they released.

Ok then. I guess we'll have to wait and see if demand rises again. Aqua 8s used to resale for $400 when Kanye was wearing them, now they're $100 at outlets.

FWIW I love these and Vs in general, but the silhouette of the V is the exact opposite of what is popular right now, and I doubt demand will rise for bulkier shoes in the near future.

Ok then. I guess we'll have to wait and see if demand rises again. Aqua 8s used to resale for $400 when Kanye was wearing them, now they're $100 at outlets.

FWIW I love these and Vs in general, but the silhouette of the V is the exact opposite of what is popular right now, and I doubt demand will rise for bulkier shoes in the near future.

The trend of wearing women's jeans and knitted shoes won't last. Jordan retros will long surpass the corny so-called high fashion trends that Kanye West has been pushing.

Kanye's a fad. Nike is built to last.

I dont own any Yeezys or adidas for that matter. But the thing I respect about Kanye is that he pays attention to detail and wants his shoes built a certain way with quality materials. Will that continue as the brand becomes bigger, that remains to be seen. But if you look at the shapes of his shoes going back to Nike, the toe boxes were slanted inward like shoes are supposed , and were never bulky and this was a time when most all Nike and JBs shoes were going the route of banana shaped with bulky toe boxes. Those two things, especially the emphasis on shape, are something the people at JB should be more strict about. I think Kanye considers shape and sleekness an integral part of his models.

Back
Top Bottom