Nike Air Max 90's Fake or Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me jumping in on this thread, but I have a similar request, please - are these real?!

Bought as a 'worn-once' pair, supplied without a box.

Things that have me concerned - there are 4 'bubbles' visible in the heel window whereas every photo I've seen of Air Max 90s seem to have three showing.

Removable insole is very thin and already creased - it doesn't look shaped or moulded like the ones in my daughter's CourtLite 3s for instance.

Upper material is pretty smooth - doesn't look like real leather to me, but hard for me to tell.

Thoughts, please?

Many thanks for your quick reply.

As I now need to tackle the eBay seller on this, can I ask on what basis you make that claim? (Although I agree - they just seem poor quality to me...)

Thanks again.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

As I now need to tackle the eBay seller on this, can I ask on what basis you make that claim? (Although I agree - they just seem poor quality to me...)

Thanks again.
Since you ain't exactly the first to ask (or did you think you were?)... what to look for has been explained thousands of times in previous LCs, and more than often those clues apply to other models than the one discussed in a LC as well.

Hi Modus.

Totally understand your frustration at having the same question come up repeatedly (I help out on a 'trade' forum and have lost count of the number of times people have asked "why is my boiler losing pressure...") 
smile.gif

I did do a 'search' for this information, and that's what brought me to this thread amongst others, but I'm struggling to find a definitive thread on 'what to check'.

From the information I have gleaned, could I trouble you for just a few more moments, please? Am I on the right tracks here:

1) Tongue info label is totally wrong, cheap, poorly printed - and model number isn't even recognised on the 'net!

2) Stitching on inner sole is very poor and uneven.

3) Outer tongue logo is not well defined and has poor stitching

4) Air 'bubbles' are wrong (are they?)

5) Poor quality removable inner-sole - around 2-3mm thick and not moulded. Moves when shoes put on.

6) Generally poor quality of stitching on the panels. eg on the swoosh logo it is uneven and not a consistent distance from the logo's edge

7) Texture of 'leather' is wrong - too smooth? (Is it?)

Anything else?!

And can I please have a job as a detective...

If anyone could confirm which of the above is valid - and even suggest asny more I may have missed - I'd be really grateful.

Thank you from sunny Devon in the UK
happy.gif

Last edited:
Start with learning what size tags are supposed to look like and then just study a real shoe that u like or want. Overtime you will see the differences very easily.

Thank you Destin - much appreciated.

I am new to Nike - these are literally the first pair I have ever touched! (bought for my son) but was concerned right away by the simple lack of a quality feel.

Could you confirm that the bubbles are also wrong - I haven't seen a clear pic of this part of a proper 90 to compare it with. Do the genuine ones have 3 visible bubbles? (If so, what a poor mistake for these fakers to have made!)

Cheers.

PS - I've just looked through a few other threads on here about 90s, and they all have three large air bubbles showing, so not only are my pair fake, they are a particularly poor fake! Refund request underway...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom