Nike Air Max Griffey Fury - SPRING 2012 [CounterKicks.com]

Wow.
30t6p3b.gif

Not a fan. I just want the Diamond Fury's. I hope they don't gauge the success of these on whether or not they decide to bring back the Diamond Fury's.

I like that Action Green colourway though. If they had that colourway on a retro pair of Diamond Fury's (along with the OG Emerald's) I would cop.

EDIT: Quick photoshop.

adfag.jpg

Not a fan. I just want the Diamond Fury's. I hope they don't gauge the success of these on whether or not they decide to bring back the Diamond Fury's.

I like that Action Green colourway though. If they had that colourway on a retro pair of Diamond Fury's (along with the OG Emerald's) I would cop.

EDIT: Quick photoshop.

adfag.jpg

Nike's getting lazy. All they're doing for some of next year's 2012 signatures is last year's signatures + throw in some random material from other signatures.

Nike's getting lazy. All they're doing for some of next year's 2012 signatures is last year's signatures + throw in some random material from other signatures.

man these are just WRONG. You cant just slap a running 360 sole on a trainer without tweaking it in some way and expect it to look like its meant to be there

I'm not even a big baseball shoe fan but these have offended me as they are just lazy lazy work by Nike. They truly expect people to pay top dlollar for shoes like this? *$+#

man these are just WRONG. You cant just slap a running 360 sole on a trainer without tweaking it in some way and expect it to look like its meant to be there

I'm not even a big baseball shoe fan but these have offended me as they are just lazy lazy work by Nike. They truly expect people to pay top dlollar for shoes like this? *$+#

I always wondered why many nike retros never get a true jump up in the upgrade department? Retro a late 80s bball shoe, throw in visible heel zoom air, and forefoot zoom, raise the price $10-15 bucks and actually make it performance worthy. There is no excuse these "retros" can't be used for performance. Same with the OG fury.. I'm not even sure that these had forefoot AIR. We know about the visible heel air. So why not just retro the same model to 99% likeness, and then change the cushioning/under carriage.

I think the AF25 did that with their visible air models but it doesnt even have to be that noticable.. Just cutout the foam in the forefoot and add in the forefoot zoom air pod and there's your "upgrade".

Then again, Nike/ JB always has to change something. They did the Alpha AJ1 with zoom air but went about changing the upper of the shoe with their seamless non leather stuff. Had they kept it straight OG and had an advanced hidden cushioning system, it would've even better.

It's just sad that 360 air is so visible and easy to market compared to a product that may be embedded into a shoe. All a new age Air Max Fury needed was an advanced cushioning system internally.. In fact, thats all these new retros need.

But for Nike, they are caught up in some twisted logic. They have designs that a sneaker savvy person would remember yet change it up to become a mass appeal shoe by adding in the easy to market 360 outsoles.. It's really a crazy game Nike is playing. Are they really trying to cater to both vastly different markets with one product? One side says, "I remember these from 1994, but they are different now. Pass". The other side says, "these are unique and different. I've never seen these in my life. plus they have 360 air.. BUY!". They are literally teasing the old breed that may remember the old and helped Nike get to where they are. Tell me how that's fair?

I always wondered why many nike retros never get a true jump up in the upgrade department? Retro a late 80s bball shoe, throw in visible heel zoom air, and forefoot zoom, raise the price $10-15 bucks and actually make it performance worthy. There is no excuse these "retros" can't be used for performance. Same with the OG fury.. I'm not even sure that these had forefoot AIR. We know about the visible heel air. So why not just retro the same model to 99% likeness, and then change the cushioning/under carriage.

I think the AF25 did that with their visible air models but it doesnt even have to be that noticable.. Just cutout the foam in the forefoot and add in the forefoot zoom air pod and there's your "upgrade".

Then again, Nike/ JB always has to change something. They did the Alpha AJ1 with zoom air but went about changing the upper of the shoe with their seamless non leather stuff. Had they kept it straight OG and had an advanced hidden cushioning system, it would've even better.

It's just sad that 360 air is so visible and easy to market compared to a product that may be embedded into a shoe. All a new age Air Max Fury needed was an advanced cushioning system internally.. In fact, thats all these new retros need.

But for Nike, they are caught up in some twisted logic. They have designs that a sneaker savvy person would remember yet change it up to become a mass appeal shoe by adding in the easy to market 360 outsoles.. It's really a crazy game Nike is playing. Are they really trying to cater to both vastly different markets with one product? One side says, "I remember these from 1994, but they are different now. Pass". The other side says, "these are unique and different. I've never seen these in my life. plus they have 360 air.. BUY!". They are literally teasing the old breed that may remember the old and helped Nike get to where they are. Tell me how that's fair?

I Doubt These Are The Retros Of This Shoe... Theyre Getting A Little Carried Away With That Air Unit... I Hated It On The AM Jrs An I Hate It On These... Ill Wait For The "Retro" To Dropp.
tired.gif

I Doubt These Are The Retros Of This Shoe... Theyre Getting A Little Carried Away With That Air Unit... I Hated It On The AM Jrs An I Hate It On These... Ill Wait For The "Retro" To Dropp.
tired.gif

they almost had it but i cant mess with these 360 bottoms on every new release of griffeys

they almost had it but i cant mess with these 360 bottoms on every new release of griffeys

Saw these samples in person, and they're pretty awful. The only decent colorway was the black/silver/neon one. I was looking forward to the Emeralds, but there's just too much emerald and not enough black in the shoe. The blue/red ones are just TOO blue. I had high hopes for this shoe, but they just didn't manage to do it properly. And this is coming from someone who LOVES the Max JR.

On the bright side, the Griffey Max V (1999) is returning next Spring.

Peace,
J

Saw these samples in person, and they're pretty awful. The only decent colorway was the black/silver/neon one. I was looking forward to the Emeralds, but there's just too much emerald and not enough black in the shoe. The blue/red ones are just TOO blue. I had high hopes for this shoe, but they just didn't manage to do it properly. And this is coming from someone who LOVES the Max JR.

On the bright side, the Griffey Max V (1999) is returning next Spring.

Peace,
J

Back
Top Bottom