Nike Air Maxim "Trainer 1" -- Just Add Cholorophyll?

A ruined classic for me ... but maybe some of you will like ...

The reactions to the Nike Air Maxim have, so far, been a mixed bag, but it seems that Nike will continue to push their Flywire creations in future seasons. With the recent release of the new Nike Air Trainer, Nike keeps the imbreeding going by cross-pollinating the Air Maxim with the OG Chlorophyll Air Trainer 1.
The shoe features the basic Air Maxim with signature green accents, but also incorporates the piece-de-resistance forefoot strap from the Air Trainer 1. Other nice accents include the suede upper along with the "Athletics West" label on the tongue. Check for the shoe to drop in select Nike Sportswear retailers in the upcoming months.
We've seen some pics for these before, but now that we have some detailed pics, what do you think of the final product? Any opinion on a strap being added to a classic running silhouette? via Nicekicks

nike-air-maxim-trainer1-1.jpg

nike-air-maxim-trainer1-2.jpg

nike-air-maxim-trainer1-3.jpg

nike-air-maxim-trainer1-4.jpg

nike-air-maxim-trainer1-5.jpg

nike-air-maxim-trainer1-6.jpg

Would they be better without the strap?

Absolutely.

But I prefer this colorway over the blue or red Maxim/Max 1 any day, even with the strap.

nice suede leathers used there. Nike always using the good stuff on the hybrids.. they tease and tease until we CRACK.

Looking for more info on these. One of my friends wants a pair.

Style number?

Retailers you've seen them at or where to buy onllne?

Pricepoint?

i'd mess with them simply because of the strap.

to me, that's what's missing on the new trainer 1.

it's an NY thing with the straps.. (shrugs)

Back
Top Bottom