Nike Air Raid Retro?!?! please

JD Sports
Edison NJ
Good size run as of 12:20pm Sunday 10/4/20
PXL_20201004_160330380.jpg

PXL_20201004_165948151.jpg

PXL_20201004_170014672.MP.jpg

Last edited:
No disrespect to anyone who copped these but they look super trash. Shape and materials look :sick:

I had the originals in 1992, 8th grade. If I remember correctly, these weren't really a high end sneaker, it was designed to be worn, played in and beat up. I remember my O.G.s always looked like crap, and I was happy.

It's so odd to get back into the game and watch folks go mad over small details. I know StockX and keeping sneakers dead stock are the rage, just an observation on how much the game as change since these came out.

I actually like the shape, I remember they were flat and bulky like the Air Force Max CB. I think the silhouette is raised and thinner and gives it a more refined look. After seeing how the Af max CB tanked maybe Nike took a sales driven approach to the design. I'm not mad at these at all. I like the updated plastic or whatever, gives it a sheen and again a more polished look since my 41 year old self cant do a Tim Hardaway crossover on the court nowadays

I love when the OGs come through and burst the quality snobs bubble. Shoes today are more uniform in production and designed by computers. A lot of classic silhouettes are romanticized people forget that materials could have been mid tier. Even output from factory to factory. I remember OG Bordeaux 7s made in 2 different factories looked completely different.

I love when the OGs come through and burst the quality snobs bubble. Shoes today are more uniform in production and designed by computers. A lot of classic silhouettes are romanticized people forget that materials could have been mid tier. Even output from factory to factory. I remember OG Bordeaux 7s made in 2 different factories looked completely different.
im as og as it gets and these look meh.

design isnt as smooth with the forefoot leather eyestay.

wish i knew how to do sole swaps

I had these. Your assumptions precede you.

...why give Nike excuses for poor craftsmanship? You gotta chill on that cool aid.

Simply an observation from being away for 5 years. At the end of the day, it's in the eye of the beholder.

It seems quality control is a common complaint, perhaps it correlates to a stronger brand image and rising stock value.

Simply an observation from being away for 5 years. At the end of the day, it's in the eye of the beholder.

It seems quality control is a common complaint, perhaps it correlates to a stronger brand image and rising stock value.

My reply was to jaysfordays9.

Just made a run to a local spot after calling a different location and being told they had an 11. Get there and its only a 10.5 they could've worked but the 11 is my correct size. SMH. Cant get anything online or in store.

Why is it this hard to buy these.

Other than the rise of SX, GOAT and other reselling platforms not called eBay, what's significantly different now compared to five years ago, especially on this site? You've got the same groups still going at it: Us "OG" types who moan about changes to little details; the newbies who suck everything up because of hype and don't care about history or details; and the people who understand that changes have been made and the shoes aren't the same but they just don't think it's a big deal and tell those of us who do that we need to get over it LOL ...

Also as it's always been, sometimes the complaints depend on the shoe in question. I would've bought these and not complained much or even at all IF they hadn't added that idiotic black leather eye-stay piece to the toe. Instead, now I'm not even buying a pair. But you are correct: From what I've seen in the past 20-plus years, the actual build quality of sneakers has improved drastically. Sometimes the materials and shapes are worse, but the actual glue jobs etc are much more consistent than they were back in the day.

I still got mine from last release wore them like 5 times maybe ...crazy i got them for the low back then but things have changed ...hopefully the hype dies down when the “Peace” colorway comes out

Just went out to another spot that told me they had em.. get there and they’re s/o of my size again .. 30 dollars in cabs for nothing today.
I’m done b.

I like the new look actually. I remember walking into a Ross when I was a kid and saw shelves full of these when nobody wanted them this bad. Yeah, times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom