Nike Air Safari ID 5/22/2012

From Kixandthecity.com
2whdzy9.jpg

We got our first taste of Nike's upcoming celebration of the Nike Air Safari yesterday with the "Safari" Nike Air Trainer 1. Later this month, Nike is going to add more Safari with the launch of the Nike Air Safari on NIKEiD on 5/22. No word on the options that will be available but we do know that the retail will be $135. Stay tuned for more.

Tech Info:
05/22/12 Nike Air Safari iD
Customize on NIKEiD (Men)
$135
NIKEiD

Nice. I've always been a fan of the Air Safari. It was a sad day when my white/obsidian pair from 2003 crapped out. Will definitely do myself a pair.

That's great news, provided they don't eff up the options and materials. I never thought we'd see the Safari on iD.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

depending on options this is the best sneaker related news ive heard all yr

Fingers crossed that they'll let you do an OG pair, and change it up a bit with a gum sole.

I'd love for some earth tones like they used on the 2003 mowabb and the dark brown/orange swoosh, plus some brighter oranges/reds to offset those mud tones.

But really, that wouldn't sell. I am hopefully for just one brown or tan option.

These are actually listed on the NDC release schedule as coming out on the 19th. I hope they drop some pictures of sample pairs soon, I'd also like to know if they're going to limit these at all so I can set my alarm clock to wake up early that Saturday if they do limit them.

Never been a big Safari fan, but with the right colors, these could look really nice. I'm anxious to see what will be available.

Dang it, I was excited about being able to order a pair of these tomorrow, but it looks like they've been pushed back to the 6th of June.

from the nikeid twitter account

#LaunchUpdate. The Nike Air Safari iD launch has been delayed to June 6. Follow us for the latest updates.

I like what I see so far from the nikeid facebook page. Looks like you'll be able to keep the print off the shoe too.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'm glad they included mesh as a base option and gum soles! The deal breaker/maker will be the colors of the print. I just want the OG Black/Charcoal on Off White/Light Khaki.

Yeah, even if they ruin the options I may get a pair of these to wear for regular work usage, the leather on the blue pair looks really nice compared to what Nike normally gives us. I also like that sort of Pigeon looking colorway they have in the samples, I may play around with that to get something similar.

They went live on NikeiD. Not nearly as much fun as I thought it'd be. I wish there were more options on the full grain leather, but I'm going to see if I can't come up with something worthwhile to buy with what they do have.

Back
Top Bottom