Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

I can't wait for these. Super copped. Keep seeing og and 2008 pairs on ebay but shoes over 10yrs old can be sketch.

CV3492-100

XXXX - CV3492-100 - 002.png

So I do see one difference already between the 2021 and the 2008: there's no thin piece of synthetic suede above the black part of the heel counter. The heel counter either rises higher than the 2008 version does or the height of the heel has been adjusted on the 2021.

Size 10.5 from 2008 for reference:
20201210_232714.jpg

Toebox drove me nuts on the ‘08. I hated looking down when I wore them.
I remember grabbing them from NTSF back when Nike Towns would let you do phone orders.
Hopefully these avoid the current hype that ruins every release.

man I remember jumping through hoops for these back in 08/09? NT came through and helped me cop. Might be in for a pair if they’re easy to attain and if they don’t have that awful toebox. Still have my pair but my brother wears them and they’re beat to sin.

nice slub on those denims. What brand?

the shape from the upper looks weird on the 2021 release, i got the feeling that nike have cut away materials on the upper and have lowered the height from the shoes again, to save on materials and so that it will be cheaper for nike to manufacture them, if i find out that is really true then these clowns can keep those joints im not gonna pay 140 or 150 for some half a** retro what is diluted and only resembles 70% from the OGs, my cash is not growing on a tree in my backyard to spend it on crappy deformed nike retros like that

Last edited:
I still want that infrared lining under the tongue 😂

Although it does look better with black...

It's weird, the 2021 doesn't quite look like a 1:1 replica of the OG anymore, now that I see those comparison pictures.
Nice that was my guess. Really wanna pick up some iron hearts or flat heads but can’t justify it right now since I don’t go nowhere. :lol:
Ironically I bought those because I was home so often and bored that I figured, why not, let me dip into the raw denim pool to see what it is all about. :lol:

Hey bought this shoe my senior year of high school and wore it until the Air Max 95s came out. 08 was a bit disappointing but I still loved having them again. Very excited

I still have my 08 infrareds! Definitely hated the toebox issue on those cannot wait though!

Back
Top Bottom