Nike Air VaporMax

Sold out.. shocked.... I didn’t pull the trigger thought it was gonna flop....

what recession lol

CE9AB7BB-F356-4006-AB4C-02863FBC2ECC.png

Nike does this with most of their Air Max releases. With the Vapormax 1.0 they had the "Vapormax OG" colorway limited with the white Flyknit and red swoosh, and every non collab colorway that dropped after was a pretty easy cop.

Was the OG vapormax (red swoosh) manufactured in China or Vietnam? I’m looking at a pair on grailed (no box) but they look a little sus

Sold out.. shocked.... I didn’t pull the trigger thought it was gonna flop....

what recession lol

CE9AB7BB-F356-4006-AB4C-02863FBC2ECC.png

:lol: If cases of Dasani and Arrowhead water were sitting on shelves, then this is no surprise.

I won't lie; I do have some interest in the Medal Stand colorway coming out in a few days.

datsevil2 datsevil2 - it's the Medal Stand edition with more recycled materials on there. Seems like it also comes with a dustbag, too.

Speaking of that shoe... I really am not looking to bring politics into this discussion, but is it me, or does it feel like anything USA-themed now has... a stigma or something similar? I can't help but think it's now associated with Donald Trump and the likes/connotations around him and this whole perspective we're all in with politics, race and the pandemic.

I still really like that colorway and am hoping to get them, but it's kinda weird now, haha.

datsevil2 datsevil2 - it's the Medal Stand edition with more recycled materials on there. Seems like it also comes with a dustbag, too.

Speaking of that shoe... I really am not looking to bring politics into this discussion, but is it me, or does it feel like anything USA-themed now has... a stigma or something similar? I can't help but think it's now associated with Donald Trump and the likes/connotations around him and this whole perspective we're all in with politics, race and the pandemic.

I still really like that colorway and am hoping to get them, but it's kinda weird now, haha.

you are not the only one that thinks that. I agree and I won’t bring politics into it either.
Thanks for the response. Personally, I don’t think the extra 30 dollars is worth it. 250?!?! That’s pretty steep even for that color way.

The upper on these is actually very comfortable and the lacing system works really well. But the "new" air bag doesn't have the same squish...just feels hard and clunky.

8EA62B70-2EAA-494E-8B99-403CDBAFFA99.jpeg

FCBC7405-31ED-440C-A834-F13DA5CB1267.jpeg

In comparison to the previous models, the Vapormax 2020 I feel is superior. However it does have a few downsides.

Pros:
-Visual aesthetics (flyease system, marbel toe and heel cap, tongue mosaic).
-New pattern/direction of air sections on sole. This is probably the best upgrade in my opinion as it doesn’t feel like your walking on sections of the shoe at a time.

Cons:
-Flyease system feels hit or miss. Concept is great but execution leaves something to be desired. Gradually becomes loose. (Maybe I’m not tightening it tight enough, but I’m not trying to break the cables either).
-Less air in the bags.

Along with the shoes, I also like the box. I mean... would've been better if they just kept it minimal and used plant-based ink on the box for the product tag on the side, but I like it.

Yeah mine came in today, too. I like everything about them other than not being able to get the lacing system as tight as I usually have traditional laces. Not that I ever thought people were using VM for intensive cardio, but the 2020s are definitely casual only shoes, IMO.

Fit lengthwise is spot on with other VM, but they do feel looser overall due to the aforementioned lacing system. Going down in size would make them too snug on the toe for me, so I’ll just get used to it.

I've been getting the Vapormaxes 1/2 size up for a slightly looser fit around the toes. For those who have the previous Vapormaxes to compare, would you say I can continue to do the same with the Vapormax 2020?

I've been getting the Vapormaxes 1/2 size up for a slightly looser fit around the toes. For those who have the previous Vapormaxes to compare, would you say I can continue to do the same with the Vapormax 2020?
I don't own any other Vaporamxes, but I couldn't imagine going up a half a size. Feel like they are already slightly loose when going TTS.

IMO the 2020 has a better fit around the toes. A bit more length than the 1-3.

Arrived today. These don’t tighten as much as the jordan 33s or the Kobe fastfit. I ordered a half size down and my heel can still slip a little if I try.

Attachments

• 30A3A4E8-EFFE-404E-9E5E-3E15AD3761B5.jpeg
    30A3A4E8-EFFE-404E-9E5E-3E15AD3761B5.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 178
I should of went ahead and got the pure platinums on release. Really thought they were gonna sit. Debating on getting the smoke grey tomorrow, but what the hell do i get for that extra $30

Back
Top Bottom