Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

:lol:  Some people have a superiority complex when it comes to these shoes. I was legitimately upset when I missed out on them and I would still love to have them but I know I never will and I don't wear fakes so I'm not saying it's right but it damn sure aint wrong. Some people cant afford to spend $4,000 on a pair of shoes and I think most sensible people REFUSE to spend that much on a pair of shoes, I just don't spend that much time analyzing other peoples feet to spot a dude from across the food court whose shoes shoes don't have the correct number of pyramids. I wonder if the guys with Shelby Cobras are on forums bragging about how they flamed some dude for driving around in a $50,000 replica of their half a million dollar car. What if it ever got to a point where the Hyper Super Ultra Mega replicas are better quality than the nike release? (purely hypothetical) because from what I saw there were alot of issues, then what? are they still wearing an inferior product? I'm sure the asians in Nikes factory don't care any more about the red shoes they're gluing together anymore than the ones in the other factories... hell they probably punch out at one and go to the other.

To add, it's not just the idea of spending that much on shoes. Its the concept of spending $4K on some mass produced Nikes that are already a ripoff at the retail price of $250.

These aren't some shoes hand-made by Italian shoemakers out of crocodile, python, or calf leather.

For the actual collectors that like the yeezys, I guess it's like spending a lot of money on a rare baseball card or comic book. For people that are paying that much just for attention. :smh:

To add, it's not just the idea of spending that much on shoes. Its the concept of spending $4K on some mass produced Nikes that are already a ripoff at the retail price of $250.

These aren't some shoes hand-made by Italian shoemakers out of crocodile, python, or calf leather.

For the actual collectors that like the yeezys, I guess it's like spending a lot of money on a rare baseball card or comic book. For people that are paying that much just for attention.
mean.gif
I can see your point but people are deluding themselves into thinking they like this shoe enough to spend $4,000 ...it only holds that weight because of Kanye West, the shoes isn't THAT rare and its fairly new. I can understand real shoe collectors going after OG Jordan 1s or something old that actually has value behind it, there isn't any logical reason to spend that amount of money on this shoe.... quality, brand, rarity, materials, craftsmanship, sentimental value, whatever. This shoe is so over priced because anyone who pays that price want's be a part of that "elite" club.

No hate on the shoe, I'm still mad I missed them... though I think I may have been a little more upset missing those Benassi x Fragment slides because I was actually prepared for them 
laugh.gif

nah, when i see cats wearing fakes out locally, or whatever, i couldn't care less...

but most people rocking fakes aren't all up on social media posting pix of them, trying to stunt with them (and most of them aren't even hardcore sneaker heads enough to be all up on websites about sneakers)... :lol:

but this cat keeps popping up on my newsfeed like every day from a group i'm in, taking artsy, quality pix (spent a ton on his camera and stuff), but of fakes (fake RO's and fake tans)... and actually getting tons of likes and props, even tho they all know they're fake. they also constantly have conversations about how he can improve them to make them look more real... lol.

i've just never seen anything like that b4 going on in the online sneaker scene...

and from engaging in conversation about it, apparently there are a ton of new jacks who think fakes are dope... :lol:

it could of been fakes of any other shoe, and i'd feel the same way, it's not about them being yeezys... they could be GR jordans, or freaking mags, and i'd still think it was mega corny to be all taking dope pix of them like that...

nah, when i see cats wearing fakes out locally, or whatever, i couldn't care less...

but most people rocking fakes aren't all up on social media posting pix of them, trying to stunt with them (and most of them aren't even hardcore sneaker heads enough to be all up on websites about sneakers)...
laugh.gif

but this cat keeps popping up on my newsfeed like every day from a group i'm in, taking artsy, quality pix (spent a ton on his camera and stuff), but of fakes (fake RO's and fake tans)... and actually getting tons of likes and props, even tho they all know they're fake. they also constantly have conversations about how he can improve them to make them look more real... lol.

i've just never seen anything like that b4 going on in the online sneaker scene...

and from engaging in conversation about it, apparently there are a ton of new jacks who think fakes are dope...
laugh.gif

it could of been fakes of any other shoe, and i'd feel the same way, it's not about them being yeezys... they could be GR jordans, or freaking mags, and i'd still think it was mega corny to be all taking dope pix of them like that...
So why lower yourself to that? You have real versions of every Yeezy... you of all people shouldn't care. There are 3 people that come to mind whenever I see the word "Yeezy" Proto J, Gatorviking and then Kanye West 
laugh.gif
 the point is the shoe game truly isn't what it once was, in all aspects. Nike and Jordan are creating hype rather than let us do it now... "it has become self aware", fakes are looking insanely real, at a ridiculous rate... remember when these popped up?

now look where we are, the red Yeezys have been out for less than half a year and people are scared that they might buy a fake that they can't identify. You got young kids and instagram also ruining everything because as you said their main objective is to impress people, but the people they impress are idiots. It's gonna get alot worse before it gets better. I sold my what the KDs to a guy in a mall buying them for his sons 11th birthday 
sick.gif
 at 11 my parents were not buying me $350 shoes.

Last edited:
It's not lowering myself to just tell these kids my opinion (shared by most legit "sneaker heads"), and explain why fakes are wack, and we shouldn't cosign them in the sneaker community.

I hardly ever reply to the silliness I see around social media, but this dude posting quality pix, daily, of fakes, just tripped me out man. Never seen that b4... And out of sheer boredom, I spoke on it.

but most people rocking fakes aren't all up on social media posting pix of them, trying to stunt with them (and most of them aren't even hardcore sneaker heads enough to be all up on websites about sneakers)... :lol:

and from engaging in conversation about it, apparently there are a ton of new jacks who think fakes are dope... :lol:

I've never heard of such foolishness as well. :rofl: Dudes really having discussions about making fakes look more real. Sounds like madness to me.

I've never heard of such foolishness as well. :rofl: Dudes really having discussions about making fakes look more real. Sounds like madness to me.

The dude legit took a pencil to the lines on the tongue to make them dark like authentics...

:lol:

The dude legit took a pencil to the lines on the tongue to make them dark like authentics...

:lol:
I swear that's ridiculous and reading through your other posts :lol: I always feel that the people buying these fakes of all these shoes are only enabling the people who make fakes to make them closer and closer to what nike gives us since there is now a bigger market for fakes. Imo some people also find terms to alleviate the thought of buying fakes. Before it was fakes then it became replicas and now GM :lol: :smh: idk man people nowadays do dumb stuff

What's bad about the fake thing is that it will get some ppl who only cop real pairs to get a counterfeit (either by mistake or to settle). These very close yeezy fakes and GM jordans can fool even the most trained eye and if some relatively clueless person is looking for a pair of yeezys for them or their kid on eBay and sees that fake pair at 2gs instead of 4 not knowing the difference will buy the Fugazi.

I was on Facebook and saw some funny **** lol, I don't really see it brought up but why do the red Octobers smell like rotten eggs and farts? Lmao I can attest to this cuz my pair definitely has that stench, may be a way to tell if the pair is real or fake

And I don't have $250k to spend on a Ferrari, so I wouldn't go buy a $50k replica.
I don't think car comparisons work because of how much harder it is to get a replica car. I've never even heard of a replica Ferrari until I just looked it up, whereas replica sneakers are literally everywhere and easier to attain, especially for $100. Not saying that I would purchase fakes. 

It's an extreme example, I agree, but I've never bought in to the whole mindset of "well I can't afford it, so I'll just get a cheap imitation of it and call it good, no one will know and it doesn't hurt anyone." If you can't afford it, just move on, don't support a business whose whole purpose is replicating someone else's hard work. There is a ton of **** I can't afford but that doesn't mean I am out there buying a replica version as a replacement.

People will create a fake version of EVERYTHING if they can make $1 off of it. Ferraris, Yeezy's, you name it.

It's seriously a tough debate... When I was much younger I was the same way. Bash fakes and replicas. To this day I still feel the same just not as hardcore. I wouldn't put anyone on blast for rocking a fake. I know not everyone can afford $4,000 shoes. But if homie wants to drop $100 on a fake. Handles I'm not to judge you man. As long as u feel good than props to u.

It's seriously a tough debate... When I was much younger I was the same way. Bash fakes and replicas. To this day I still feel the same just not as hardcore. I wouldn't put anyone on blast for rocking a fake. I know not everyone can afford $4,000 shoes. But if homie wants to drop $100 on a fake. Handles I'm not to judge you man. As long as u feel good than props to u.
i agree but a majority of people but them and try to pass them off as legit instea of just being cool with knowing they are wearing fakes. And what people are saying about the cost of buying a pair is true and to me paying that much for sneakers is insane (my limit is $500 but I would never try and buy something at that price unless I'm 100% comfortable with it).

I got a friend who's 17 that wants to buy some used yeezys from a guy for 2.5k and he's asking me if its a good idea :stoneface: mind you he ain't rich and I keep telling him that he could spend that money in much better ways and he ain't even in college yet :smh: dude just wants to stunt and have bragging rights

i agree but a majority of people but them and try to pass them off as legit instea of just being cool with knowing they are wearing fakes. And what people are saying about the cost of buying a pair is true and to me paying that much for sneakers is insane (my limit is $500 but I would never try and buy something at that price unless I'm 100% comfortable with it).

I got a friend who's 17 that wants to buy some used yeezys from a guy for 2.5k and he's asking me if its a good idea
indifferent.gif
mind you he ain't rich and I keep telling him that he could spend that money in much better ways and he ain't even in college yet
mean.gif
dude just wants to stunt and have bragging rights
I could never justify spending that much on some kicks. I'm still in the market for a pair but that's if a homie gives me the hook up or something lol. I understand how limited the shoe is, but the prices that people are selling for some sneakers is ridiculous to me. May not be for others but to me, $2.5k+ for shoes is insane. A shoe being resold for that much is a 900% mark up. Just to throw some numbers out there. So I can understand why people buy fakes.

People will create a fake version of EVERYTHING if they can make $1 off of it. Ferraris, Yeezy's, you name it.

Big difference is that you aren't going to replicate Ferrari quality for a fraction of the cost, or Rolex, or most other luxury brands products. That's why you won't see Ferrari or Rolex owners complaining about people having low quality replicas.

I was on Facebook and saw some funny **** lol, I don't really see it brought up but why do the red Octobers smell like rotten eggs and farts? Lmao I can attest to this cuz my pair definitely has that stench, may be a way to tell if the pair is real or fake

I thought I was crazy when I told my g/f the same exact thing. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom