Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

I don't think its the inside of the sneaker that smells, pretty sure its the outsole.

Nike probably trolled and dumped fart bombs in the outsole recipe as a FU to Kanye.

Well deserved, IMO, Kanye is a POS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that the RO's released 9th february (My birthday) and got a pair for myself. But. Still havent used it yet. My clothing style sucks right now haha. Is there any fits with RO's on :smile:?

Funny that the RO's released 9th february (My birthday) and got a pair for myself. But. Still havent used it yet. My clothing style sucks right now haha. Is there any fits with RO's on :smile:?

Black t-shirt, river washed denim/light fade denim, RO's :D

As far as RO's smelling, they all probably smell because they were sitting in a hot smelly factory in Memphis for a while :nerd:

Last edited:

They're just shoes... dress how you normally would. Or if you wanna do it right get some leggings, a leather skirt and huge t-shirt, then you're doing it right.

Last edited:
I think it's prolly the rubber triangles part of the shoe that is making that smell.

Mine smell weird, but not as bad as some people are making it seem (not like trash or poop, lol)...

They've def held their smell much longer than the solars and plats did (diff smell, but it faded fast on those)...

Heard from @SoleMartyr that the ROs were already searchable on their website at 12am on 2/9. Nike then later released the tweet at 1pm ET to let the world know about it.
Super late reply, but you are flat out just making that up. Why are you just making up false info?
If I remember correctly, the ROs used the same link as the plats and solars. One of the two at least. Somebody wouldve caught it. Plus the word that got around was that they sold out in 10 min.
Not the same link.

Last edited:
I think it's prolly the rubber triangles part of the shoe that is making that smell.

Mine smell weird, but not as bad as some people are making it seem (not like trash or poop, lol)...

They've def held their smell much longer than the solars and plats did (diff smell, but it faded fast on those)...

I only really noticed the "sulfur-like" smell when I cleaned them, specifically the outsole.

Had me second guessing what I stepped in :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe it's whatever they used to make the red glow then...

Don't get me started on the tans and zens... That's how ya know that leather is super premium, 5 years later and they still smell sweet AF... I've worn mine a lot, and had em sitting out on a shelf in the open since they dropped in 2009, and they still put off that sweet smell... Only other sneakers I've had do that is the Supreme Blazers (their leather is amazing too)...

Super late reply, but you are flat out just making that up. Why are you just making up false info?

Not the same link.
if you had seen my later post, I corrected myself and said that the link was active since midnight that morning of 2/9 but of course no one knew until Nike tweeted it out.

It was supposed to be a joke, since Lebron went back to Cleveland. Lol. Get it?
Sarcasm is hard to read over the internet :smile:

My RO's don't smell as bad as people are making it seem.  10 wears later it's a very faint smell, kinda rubbery-ish. 

I need to get some Jason Markk and clean mine up big time. The sole's clean nice with just a paper towl and water, but my toe box has definitely dented in a bit a few places.  No idea how to get rid of that.  
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Sarcasm is hard to read over the internet :smile:

My RO's don't smell as bad as people are making it seem.  10 wears later it's a very faint smell, kinda rubbery-ish. 

I need to get some Jason Markk and clean mine up big time. The sole's clean nice with just a paper towl and water, but my toe box has definitely dented in a bit a few places.  No idea how to get rid of that.  :stoneface:  

i agree, it does smell rubbery, that's why i suggested maybe it's from the triangles on the side...

apparently pushing up on the creases while applying a warm blow dryer to the top will get creases out.

i haven't tried it, i've still been suffering thru wearing them with shoe trees (cuz i HATE how these look all creased up)...

i agree, it does smell rubbery, that's why i suggested maybe it's from the triangles on the side...

apparently pushing up on the creases while applying a warm blow dryer to the top will get creases out.

i haven't tried it, i've still been suffering thru wearing them with shoe trees (cuz i HATE how these look all creased up)...
Yea i've used a blow dryer on it and it does work, just don't use the high heat on it for long amounts of time. Do it in spurts.  But the suede is what's dented which is the issue i'm having, sorry I should've been more specific.  

Has that happened to anyone else?  I highly doubt the blow dyer will do much for that.  I could take pics, but it's very hard to tell unless you actually have them in hand. 

#FirstWorldProblems 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Yea i've used a blow dryer on it and it does work, just don't use the high heat on it for long amounts of time. Do it in spurts.  But the suede is what's dented which is the issue i'm having, sorry I should've been more specific.  

Has that happened to anyone else?  I highly doubt the blow dyer will do much for that.  I could take pics, but it's very hard to tell unless you actually have them in hand. 

#FirstWorldProblems 
laugh.gif

I think I know what you mean. Mine are like that too, just after 1 wear. We're probably just gonna have to live with it  
laugh.gif

if its really that much of a pain for you all to look at, i can take em off your hands so you dont have to suffer the indignity of seeing them anymore :nerd:

Maybe it's whatever they used to make the red glow then...

Don't get me started on the tans and zens... That's how ya know that leather is super premium, 5 years later and they still smell sweet AF... I've worn mine a lot, and had em sitting out on a shelf in the open since they dropped in 2009, and they still put off that sweet smell... Only other sneakers I've had do that is the Supreme Blazers (their leather is amazing too)...

MY SOUTH BEACH 8'S STILL GOT THAT SWEET LEATHER SMELL TO THEM. NOW THAT WAS SOME GOOD A** LEATHER.

MY SOUTH BEACH 8'S STILL GOT THAT SWEET LEATHER SMELL TO THEM. NOW THAT WAS SOME GOOD A** LEATHER.

my south beach 8's never did have that smell... not that i remember (i got 'em VNDS tho). they def don't still smell.

it is good leather on those tho, just not as good as zens and nets...

Back
Top Bottom