Nike disaster that cracks and burns reflective wrap right off. Anyone? Yes! One Mirror ASG Foamposit

I wore my kicks once and after arriving in Vegas i got my shoes out and noticed a small scuff. I could actually see tiny markings all over. I think this was because i had them in my new Nike Air Jordan 11 sneaker bag. Well when i dampened a hand towel and applied a tiny tiny pressure to clean this indestructibule shoe i noticed the paint was now gone. At time i thought it was paint it's a wrap says my custmizer whos trying to salvage something from this shoe. He tried to paint but this material on top of foam was odd. After talking to Mache they figured out that it's a sort of heating pad to make shoe heat up the mirror to shine and all it does is crack. Wow product control huh? I have $700 into shoe now $300 into repairs. All i want to see is nike fix this. Any other product does a recall why not nIke? I will show pics soon and have heard people are suing since not only is nike not going to reimburse more than shoe or fix it they are turning away all of the biggest supporters who still cop the crap even at a G…. COME ON MAN!!! 

Basketball or sportswear sneakers these days are low-quality. You should know this already.

You want quality? Don't buy Nike.

$300 in repairs? What? This shoe sounding like someone's car that is getting fixed.

Tell me about it. These are a joke. And everyone's are cracking. The heating pads that were added is cracking the Mirror film that covers the shoe to make shiny. Please more people complain here

I wore my blue mirror foams one time ("ONE TIME")and they cracked I sent them to Nike and I was denied a voucher. They said it was a crease or scuff not manufacturer defect. Foams don't crease and I never seen a perfect line scuff. It cracked on both side by the Nike sign.I told them "I have 10 other pairs of foams,tell me why they don't have crease or crack marks. Some I've had for years." Nike lost a customer with this screw over

I've heard about this same issue with the Chromeposites. Its really a shame that on a second release of this style the problem still exists! The fact that they retailed for $275 which is Premium pricing for some foams would had me fooled thinking that there more $$ cause of the quality but it seems to be just the 'Look' and the fact that they dropped on new years eve. Is it safe to say it was all hype? I really wanted these foams, should I do it? Or save myself the money and frustration?

@demtunes save your money.I bought them thinking it was better after the chromoposite disaster. Now I have $300 shoes sitting in my closet not being worn because of the thought of them getting worse.Nike dropped the ball and blaming the peeling on customers to prevent them from rightfully refunding or giving a voucher. They told me to take them back to Footlocker and handle it with them.Footlocker was the reason I had to contact Nike in the first place since I had already wore them. The fact that I only wore them once is the frustrating part. Wasted money!!!

@demtunes save your money.I bought them thinking it was better after the chromoposite disaster. Now I have $300 shoes sitting in my closet not being worn because of the thought of them getting worse.Nike dropped the ball and blaming the peeling on customers to prevent them from rightfully refunding or giving a voucher. They told me to take them back to Footlocker and handle it with them.Footlocker was the reason I had to contact Nike in the first place since I had already wore them. The fact that I only wore them once is the frustrating part. Wasted money!!!
This sht baffles me how Nike makes Billions annually because of US the consumer and still NOT take true quality into consideration. They mass produce garbage and mark up the item 10 fold to make profit. Meanwhile WE the consumer are robbed of hundreds of dollars because we believe in the brand. So many people have sent through so much just to be heard with the quality of this particular model. The Foamposite One and Foamposite Pro still have such longevity that can't compare to any other Nike model. I'm definitely scrapping this Chromeposite dream. Thanks for the advice @coachT

Damn, I just bought a pair of the Blue Mirror Foams today for box price. No wonder, nobody wants to wear them... lol

I need to get a bigger size out of mine though. I need a sz 11 or 11.5 DS if anybody is sitting on a pair and doesn't want to wear it...

My pair is a DS sz 9.

Anybody out there know of anybody or themselves have a sz 11 or 11.5 they'd like to trade, please let me know!!

Thanks Sole Fam!

nike reverse engineers their old product to fail earlier all the time.

Especially cosmetically. That way you need a new pair but they dont have to compensate.

If you believe this isnt discussed at great length and planned, you must have never been in a board room before

Why would you buy size 9 if you needed a size 11?
It's the only size I could get at retail, so I grabbed it to maybe do a size swap up, eventually to my size. Wouldn't be the first time I've done it. Better than paying $450 resell. Lol somebody probably bought to collect so they shouldn't care what size is in their closet. I want to rock not stock it.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but if any of you guys still have your chromeposites how do they look??? My pair looks like **** n it’s bin worn once by me n like once by previous owner

Back
Top Bottom