Nike Dunk ORCHARD ST. UPDATE...PICS

Sup NT, I really need info on these dunks. I know they released in 2 colorways but I need info on the red/yellow/black pair. When were they released, howrare are they, how many pairs made, market value, etc..

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

they are pretty rare, somewhere in the range of 50-100 pairs of both colors, allegedly. they had an ill street campaign, i wish i knew more. anyone else careto chime in?

The Red / Yellow / Black pair is probably unnatainable!!

The Red / Yellow/Black ones were limited to about 24 pairs if I believe.
12 went to SUPPOSED "NEW YORK ROYALTY" apparently JAY Z, Missy Elliot, NAS and others recieved them
and the other 12 were strung up in HARD TO REACH PLACES AROUND NEW YORK CITY.
The cool thing about them is that their is an individual number that is handwritten inside the shoe in BLACK SHARPIE marker for ex: 1/24
And I saw only 1 pair on ebay, and another pair that a Model was wearing in an obscure fashion magazine that I doubt is still around.

The Green / Orange ones were limited to about 24 pairs, and 12 went to supposed NYC royalty and F&F.
6 pairs went to Vintagekicks.com, and 6 pairs went to ALIFE RIVINGTON CLUB where you could actually purchase them for $5 - 600.

EXCUSE ME IF MY NUMBERS ARE MESSED UP!!

they were released back in august/september 03' and hype got generated over them because they were found hanging of telephone wire lines and lamp poststhroughout NYC after being spotted in one of Jay Z's video, if i remember correctly. basically they were free to anyone who had the guts to get em. not toomuch info on them other then that.

Old English font "OS" at the heel portion - I heard ltd to 24 but with nike you never know. expect to pay $1000 at the minimum. I havent seen toomany listed recently so the price could go either way.

Originally Posted by acekilla408

csn someone post pics????

here's what the OP is asking about

orchard_street.jpg

Weren't they custom euro highs?
I think I remember seeing a pair at prohibit back in the day behind glass
and it appeared to be hand painted...

The first OS Dunks were customs that were released in summer of 2003. The first step was to put up a bunch of the posters that was posted above here. Thenthey took a few pairs and threw them up on light poles and wires in strategic spots around manhatten. They then gave a few pairs away to some celebs and thelast few pairs were slowly thrown out the same way the first ones were. The campaign wasn't like BAM, it took about 3 months for them to release all theshoes, they didn't let them all out at one time. They would just all of a sudden pop up out of no where.

Dunkinlo's numbers were a touch off but pretty close!!! I've seen a few pairs on Ebay but not for YEARS!!! And I remember seeing pics of Jude Lawrockin a pair walkin his dog. GOOD LUCK FINDING A PAIR!!! And if and I mean IFFFF you are lucky enough to find someone with a pair you can expect to pay in the$1500-$2000 range if not more!!!

one of the best ideas for sneaker distribution ever...IMO....i have been trying to get a pair for years and i know the guys at orchard street....still noluck...My favorite release of all time..

the only idea better was the scrapped/rumored lucky and unlucky release.....keeping them wrapped in a nike brown paper bag and when you opened them up you wereeither lucky or unlucky.....

^^^ Yeah it's definately a dope idea and really helped hype up the OS brand. I don't even know if Greg kept a pair of these for himself.

I remember seeing the posters around the city when the first ones released. Such an amazing gorilla marketing campaign. I remember when I worked at ProhibitNYC we had a pair under glass (unless my memory fails me). I never thought they were great customs (they were customs btw. Orchard St. used white/red '03Dunk HIs), but the idea was so brilliant that I've always wanted a pair.

This post definitely brings me back. I miss those days...

Just acquired a pair of Orchard St.'s in size 12 #5/30. 30 pairs made...Thought i'd suprise ya'll.

These should be for sale after Xmas.

8fwxh0o.jpg

6uolj4x.jpg

6sqqdyh.jpg

IMO not that great looking. Colors reminds me of Ronald McDonald but to each his own and props since you got them and like them.

these are the dunks the guy in Just For Kicks has on the floor of his closet ! me and my boy flip out every time we seethat part because we could never find out what dunks they were

theyre gorgeous
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
and retrosneakerz23 where did you get those from ?and how did you go from not really knowing that much info about them to having a pair in a week ?

wow a size 12......you are lucky have been looking for a pair for a while...i even contacted greg and he could not get me a pair.....

and the answer is yes, greg does have pairs of both colorways......the marketing campaign was way ahead of its time....

They look like GR white/red with painted on yellow and a black painted swoosh. Nothing special in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom